Author Topic: F1  (Read 288828 times)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
Re: F1
« Reply #900 on: October 27, 2013, 11:26:12 am »
Nah, even as Vettel fan this is boring.. wins are clear 2nd half of the season before the weekend even started..

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #901 on: October 27, 2013, 08:01:02 pm »
what a win, 14 places in 5 laps, that just cant be only the car, brilliant race and well cant say anything about Webber, now he just laughs. Nice 25.000 euro show at the end XD but worth every cent RB will pay
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #902 on: October 28, 2013, 09:05:41 pm »
Sometimes I feel like FIA will ruin any fun just for additional money in their pockets. Fuck them... That's what I love in motorsport that was never touched by FIA - freedom of making your fans happy, for example NASCAR or IndyCar is much better in terms of fans<->drivers community.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 29, 2013, 04:22:20 am »
No joke, I have enjoyed V8 Supercars 100 times more than F1 this season.

I don't know if next year will be better or not. Crappy sounding engines, still lots of these boring new tracks in countries that don't care, still have DRS, still have these stupid tyres.

Maybe it will be better in 10 years...

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 29, 2013, 02:46:42 pm »
Vertigo it won't change untill vettel will be racing in f1, it's so boring with him.

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #905 on: October 29, 2013, 03:29:26 pm »
I don't agree with "Vettel is making F1 boring" theory at all. Of course it would be much more interesting to see battling for the Championship instead of 2nd or 3rd place but all in all it's still very very interesting in a pack behind Vettel during most of the races.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 29, 2013, 03:43:55 pm »
I don't agree with "Vettel is making F1 boring" theory at all. Of course it would be much more interesting to see battling for the Championship instead of 2nd or 3rd place but all in all it's still very very interesting in a pack behind Vettel during most of the races.

I agree, behind Vettel everything is damn close. Lets hope RB won't make too good of a car next year and have one of the most interesting seasons in years.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 29, 2013, 06:24:10 pm »
The problem for me is that 2nd place means nothing. Maybe if I followed a driver it would mean more but I don't. Oh well!

Offline nero

« Reply #908 on: October 30, 2013, 08:58:58 am »
The problem (in my eyes) is, that they are holding back the engineers with all the regulations. If you watch F1 history for example around 1978 (Tyrrell P34), you had some really radical and new concepts. Nowadays, engineers spent years and millions in a wind tunnel with thinking where to put new tiny air flaps, cause they aren't allowed to change anything relevant on the engine or the car frame at all. With this, you have cars and teams fighting over milliseconds and not about positions...

[youtube]6H3LiuX4piw[/youtube]

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #909 on: October 30, 2013, 02:53:29 pm »
yeah, but a lot of teams see a big problem with softer regulations, the best designer is in RBR, if you dont remember he already designed an F1 car based on no regulations (Red Bull X 2010-2011). Still regulations should be softer in some areas.
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #910 on: October 30, 2013, 04:30:40 pm »
The problem (in my eyes) is, that they are holding back the engineers with all the regulations. If you watch F1 history for example around 1978 (Tyrrell P34), you had some really radical and new concepts. Nowadays, engineers spent years and millions in a wind tunnel with thinking where to put new tiny air flaps, cause they aren't allowed to change anything relevant on the engine or the car frame at all. With this, you have cars and teams fighting over milliseconds and not about positions...

[youtube]6H3LiuX4piw[/youtube]

I couldn't agree more, this is one of the things that is killing F1. I'm not saying some regulations are not needed, but in the last milenium F1 was waay more exciting (I didn't experience it but you know that if you just investigate a little) and didn't have as many regulations as now. Currently it's safer, yes, but not as fun as it used to be. F1 used to be a men sport, now with all the regulations in order to improve safety, in 10 years it will be filled with little pussies who are afraid to break a nail. Sorry if i'm too harsh lol, but that's how it feels to me

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 03, 2013, 01:14:10 pm »
Fuck Lotus they fucked Raikkonen so hard... assholes!

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #912 on: November 03, 2013, 04:22:34 pm »
well the crash was his fault actually, but yeah he shouldn't be back there. Vettel equaled the most wins in a row in a season and I think he can beat the record actually. Let's see what Texas brings us.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 03, 2013, 04:57:18 pm »
DRS makes overtaking boring >.>

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #914 on: November 03, 2013, 10:31:13 pm »
well with current regulations and no DRS there would be no any overtaking at all, FIA has destroyed a great sport, I've heard superbikes championship is getting quite interesting