Author Topic: F1  (Read 286353 times)

Offline Coloxx

• King of ram!
    • View Profile
    • Coloxx Owner Facebook
  • In-game name: Coloxx
Re: F1
« Reply #915 on: November 04, 2013, 02:48:46 am »
Incredible the shock, and since I change quite!

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #916 on: November 04, 2013, 03:48:55 am »
what?
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 04, 2013, 04:13:30 am »
well with current regulations and no DRS there would be no any overtaking at all, FIA has destroyed a great sport, I've heard superbikes championship is getting quite interesting

I'd still rather have DRS. You don't see cars doing incredible late braking moves anymore. At least no DRS would make that a possibility.

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #918 on: November 04, 2013, 02:11:59 pm »
yeah, also there are a lot of bought seats around and not all are good racers. F1 is going to die if they keep going this way
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 04, 2013, 03:40:07 pm »
well with current regulations and no DRS there would be no any overtaking at all, FIA has destroyed a great sport, I've heard superbikes championship is getting quite interesting

I'd still rather have DRS. You don't see cars doing incredible late braking moves anymore. At least no DRS would make that a possibility.

DRS makes overtaking boring because it requires very little skill.. only a higher straight line speed and some skill to get within 1 sec at a certain white line..

I agree overtaking these days is quite boring, but before DRS the overtakes were non existing, so it's better than nothing. But what has to change to make F1 a nicer game to look at? What regulations make overtaking impossible nowadays?

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 04, 2013, 04:12:08 pm »
Woops I meant I'd rather NOT have DRS lol

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #921 on: November 04, 2013, 06:07:19 pm »

DRS makes overtaking boring because it requires very little skill.. only a higher straight line speed and some skill to get within 1 sec at a certain white line..

I agree overtaking these days is quite boring, but before DRS the overtakes were non existing, so it's better than nothing. But what has to change to make F1 a nicer game to look at? What regulations make overtaking impossible nowadays?

cars are almost the same now, regulations with development and other things. If some cars were better at speed and some others better at cornering things could be interesting (like BTCC when european lightweights were racing with american muscle cars)

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #922 on: November 11, 2013, 05:15:26 am »
so Kimi wont be in USA and Brazil GP and Alonso is not sure yet...

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 11, 2013, 07:12:11 am »
For drivers like Kimi and Alonso who's motivation is to win races, they don't really have any motivation to race at the moment. Kimi more so, seeing as his relationship with Lotus has gone to shit.

This is good and bad news for Valsecchi. He is lucky that he gets the chance to race, but I have a bad feeling he won't do so well because he basically has almost never driven the car before. He will be judged very hard on these 2 performances and they could make or break his career.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 11, 2013, 12:08:36 pm »
Hmm, Lotus really has a problem with that financial deal with Quantum... with that deal every decession would be so much easier. Valsecchi might drive, but Lotus don't want that.. they rather already ask Hulkenberg/Maldonado/Massa... but they are not sure who to choose because of the financial picture.

And for Alonso... sad, I didn't even know that was going on. I read that Bianchi might race in his place.

Offline miko

• View Profile
  • In-game name: miko
« Reply #925 on: November 11, 2013, 02:18:07 pm »
What's about Alonso, that he can't race the last races?

I only know about Kimi but about Alonso i don't know anything

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 11, 2013, 02:24:40 pm »
Also an injury

Offline miko

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 11, 2013, 03:51:11 pm »
 :blank:

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #928 on: November 11, 2013, 04:10:32 pm »
Massa signed with Williams, another Barrichelo?

Offline miko

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 11, 2013, 04:49:40 pm »
 :L