Author Topic: WiFi Warfare  (Read 4194 times)

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
WiFi Warfare
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:45:42 am »
There is a private wireless network with internet access at school which I decrypted its WEP key and shared with a few friends so we weren't forced to use the shitty school's network that takes ages to load a single page not to mention the restrictions it has on which sites you can visit (luckily AdrenalineX is not blocked but still can't see the embeded youtube videos). Everything was fine until another guy from our class got the key and started messing with the router's configuration in order to kick out the other 'leeches' connected. It was ok because he'd tell us which changes he made to the config but then, like 2 weeks ago again, the configuration was changed. The name of the network was changed and so was the keypass which changed encryption to WPA2 and I wasn't able to decrypt the new key.

So we asked the guy if he did this and he played it dumb and told us he did not do it. The day after we found out he was lying of course and we asked him for the key which he refused to share which really pissed me off, motherfucker.

Today I managed to 'steal' the key from his laptop and now I want to shit on him!
Time for retribution you prick!

THE QUESTION

How can I block this asshole from the network and preventing him from decrypting the key?
I was thinking on configure the router for 'Not broadcast the ESSID' and changing the name of it with some word with lower case " L " instead of upper case " i " or vice versa and putting a new key but dunno in which encryption mode.

Any suggestions?

P.S. If you're gonna come to me with something like: "STOP FUCKING STEALING THE NET FROM OTHERS" then go away. I know it's wrong and all I just don't care lol. It is very helpful at school to have quick access to information.
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: WiFi Warfare
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 07:55:55 am »
lol that sounds like fun

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:44:56 am »
If you have access to admin panel on that router simple use Mac address filter,also chance SSID name and put WPA/WPA2 pre-shared key that would be enough to block him.

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 01:00:18 pm »

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 02:01:58 pm »
In most case is that IP,but some advanced users can easily change that.Also some routers use different IP range,depend of provider and DHCP system.

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 03:56:15 pm »
yeah other standard router IP can be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.10.1 or even 192.168.2.1 Well its actually easy to find, just open cmd and type ipconfig, its the one that says default gateway
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 03:59:56 pm »
So what happens when you lock the owner out of their own wireless  :L

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 04:22:09 pm »
well if the owner has the knowledge he can simply restart the router to factory settings :D but usually they have to pay somebody to do that for them
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:24:20 pm by [XR]knut1c0 »
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:50:52 pm »
all the owner has to do is reset to factory settings, usually by pressing a button under the router, simple as that, and login via wired connection using the default password.

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 05:23:19 pm »
what if someone somehow wired in a different default password onto the router, that would be pure trolling lol

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 05:36:13 pm »
I have made that on my router but 'hard restart' always back things in original state as well default password.But to be able to change that you must be logged as main admin on router(wired connection)-some routers now days comes with main admin account and 2nd as limited
take look on pictures 1st is limited and 2nd is main admin account

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 06:40:17 pm »
hmmm strange, I can access admin account on wireless connection, different routers I guess

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 08:19:02 pm »
heh done. Changed the router's password and the encryption mode as well as the key and added his dumbass mac adress to the filter. Oh I so want to see his fucking douche face when he tries to connect :L
password clue: expoxi's sig :L :L :L

So what happens when you lock the owner out of their own wireless  :L

Well the owner has all his computers physically connected via cable so I'm guessing he doesn't use the wireless feature.
Plus. he/she hasn't figured there's something funny happening to his router's config over the past year lol.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:21:56 pm by Mosca »
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...