Author Topic: FIFA world cup 2018 and 2022: Russia and Qatar. What do you think?  (Read 10589 times)

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA world cup 2018 and 2022: Russia and Qatar. What do you think?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 06:29:20 pm »
lol new zealand won't have to make a new kit at least. unless they have to play in their away kit :L
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 07:06:22 pm »
lol, look at those guys at the bottom, looks like they're fighting :L

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 07:24:30 pm »
Football nowdays is just business,players having contracts same as people who working in some factories.Its all about money,Russia and Qatar have money and only that is important for people who lead World Cup.
As you see everything is possible if you are rich  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:27:15 pm by [LSR]Jalicno »

Offline BuRnOUT

• BuRnOUT aka 7hund3r is B4cK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 07:46:09 pm »
^

of coz Spain and Portugal as the better.  :'(

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 09:14:00 pm »
WTF Qatar? I'd be supprised if anyone actually turned up.

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 11:35:25 pm »
My handy work:

:D

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 11:38:39 pm »
hahahahahahahhahaha nice lol

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 01:59:37 am »
is that you sitting there simon :o

anyway, anyone thought about the automatic qualification of Qatar for the WC of 2022? LOL. Who is gonna play for them?? WHO?! Do they have any footballers??

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 10:34:49 am »
Blatter got some oil money in the desert playing golf, FIFA is getting arab money

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjriTYtBAA[/youtube]

Offline slowdoh

• Admin
  • GO HARD OR GO HOME!
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 05:11:44 pm »
maurits, check their wc and asian cup record haha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_national_football_team

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 10:10:04 pm »
^ lol

About russia I think it's good, they do have money, and with the actual financial problems in the other candidate countries for 2018... and Russia never got a euro cup or world cup, let's hope it'll help them to develop some stuffs in which Russia doesn't have a very good reputation.
About Qatar... well money talks lol, otherwise how could a country with a population <1.000.000 and like 10 times smaller than ireland get the wc? But ush how do you know they have totally no football love lol? I heard football is by far #1 sport there, and what vertigo said about the "old" european players playing in their championship, that's true (money again xd). They'll still need to pay some good players and give them qatari nationality if they don't want to have a ridiculous national team lol. Another thing I'm concerned about, is where are going to go all the foreigners that will be there lol they'll need to build many new hotels, and then leave them 3/4 empty ?
I wanted australia to get the 2022 wc :( the thing I really don't like about Qatar having this WC, is that these last years we keep saying how much ecology is important, that we should try to waste less energy and use more renewable energies (if that's the correct expression) but I'm not really sure those air conditionned big stadiums will be ecologic. IMO such big events are a good opportunity for the organisators to show they can do something big without much pollution, will Qatar use for example their boiling heat with solar panels to produce the needed energy?

Offline slowdoh

• Admin
  • GO HARD OR GO HOME!
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 11:26:30 pm »
hahaha vert, took me a while to get that lol :x

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 11:28:48 pm »
@ slowdoh, lol they never qualified or never came further then the 1st round (asian cup).

^ lol

About russia I think it's good, they do have money, and with the actual financial problems in the other candidate countries for 2018... and Russia never got a euro cup or world cup, let's hope it'll help them to develop some stuffs in which Russia doesn't have a very good reputation.

What money problems do The Netherlands and England have?

About Qatar... well money talks lol, otherwise how could a country with a population <1.000.000 and like 10 times smaller than ireland get the wc? But ush how do you know they have totally no football love lol? I heard football is by far #1 sport there, and what vertigo said about the "old" european players playing in their championship, that's true (money again xd). They'll still need to pay some good players and give them qatari nationality if they don't want to have a ridiculous national team lol. Another thing I'm concerned about, is where are going to go all the foreigners that will be there lol they'll need to build many new hotels, and then leave them 3/4 empty ?

Football + desert = no go. And yes I know about some European players go there for the fucking money. The thing you say about Qatar giving people their nationality, is what I'm afraid of. Isn't this competition distortion? And about the hotels I do'n't care lol, they have enough money to spend on and demolish the buildings afterwards.

I wanted australia to get the 2022 wc :( the thing I really don't like about Qatar having this WC, is that these last years we keep saying how much ecology is important, that we should try to waste less energy and use more renewable energies (if that's the correct expression) but I'm not really sure those air conditionned big stadiums will be ecologic. IMO such big events are a good opportunity for the organisators to show they can do something big without much pollution, will Qatar use for example their boiling heat with solar panels to produce the needed energy?

Good point, I know Australia is really good in ecologic thinking. Would be way better than what qatar is going to do now lol I guess.