Author Topic: Can anybody help me know why..  (Read 4065 times)

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

Re: Can anybody help me know why..
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 01:05:19 am »
They are fake as hell, I picked up one of those for £10 in India.

Notice how it doesn't say "Samsung" anywhere in the S3 listing, they are pure imitations and very underpowered. A basic-spec phone from a good brand will out-perform it any day.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:08:08 am by [MAF]Epoxi »

Offline ToasterMan

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:36:55 am »
Dont trust shops , who doesn´t support phones.And still S3 mini isnt good to buy.Better buy Sony Xperia or LG

And this is Samsung Galaxy S3 mini , It costs in Estonia 259 eur

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:41:30 am by RoasterMen »

Offline ►R1d3r™

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 05:42:10 am »
These phones are all fake! When I was looking for a site with such phones.
They tampered with so that they resemble. Inside, there may be many shortages! And there is no warranty on them .. When I wanted to buy a phone on such sites, so the parcel and do not come...
I had Iphone 5 forgery for 50-60$ I've even seen that Phones were without operating system :-X
That's why they are so cheap. :-\

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 10:59:47 am »
From what I could gather, they are chinese clones and they are cheap because they use the cheapest parts possible.

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 12:31:10 pm »
From what I could gather, they are chinese clones and they are cheap because they use the cheapest parts possible.

Yes, and there is no money invested into their design either. Brands tend to extensively test and research their designs (some more than others :L) whereas these imitation phones have little thought put in. The phone is less ergonomic and won't be as responsive (for instance to touches) plus components will fail (e.g. one day the mic, a month later the main button, two months later the casing breaks).

It's fun to play with these cheap phones because you really do get a fully functioning device, but I wouldn't pay more than £15 for one and I certainly wouldn't rely on it as a main phone.

One new area to look is Indian phones. Indian phones from companies such as Videocon have a lot more thought put into their operating  system and build quality, while still being substantially cheaper than their Japanese/Korean counterparts. The quality will still be lower but it is an actual useable product, ideal for someone who always loses their phone. I don't know how easy they are to buy from the UK though.

Personally I like to buy used. Look on Gumtree and classifieds in your area, you can usually make a big saving and you pay in cash so people are willing to take a lower price than they advertise, and of course you get to test/feel the product before you buy. Always take a friend though, I haven't heard of anyone getting robbed but it's always a possibility.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:35:03 pm by [MAF]Epoxi »

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 05:20:00 pm »
dual sim = chinese crap, only galaxy duos is original samsung
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [LSR]Cassidy

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 05:29:41 pm »
Don't buy the Galaxy S3 Mini  :police:

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 05:31:34 pm »
I bought a used red real Nokia Lumia 610 on eBay for £75

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 02:29:05 am »
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [LSR]Cassidy

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 07:07:42 am »

why?

Because I don't like little phones, give me those big ones!  ;D

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 09:14:10 am »

why?
s3 mini is a more expensive version of various other phones while having the same functionality, so you pay for the 3 in the name and the new (arguably lame) design.

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 04:08:11 am »
yeah, but I'm getting a samsung galaxy s3 just a bit smaller in everything than the actual s3 but also cheaper than the actual s3, some of us can't afford s3 or s4

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 09:09:12 am »
yet its still a bad deal, for the price you are paying you can get way better phone, you basically pay less for a phone that is 3 times worse.