Author Topic: Booting diagnosing  (Read 1768 times)

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

Booting diagnosing
« on: April 22, 2013, 03:45:12 pm »
Hello,

My Lenovo Y580 booting time is around 5 minutes (since pressing power button to finish on dekstop with everything loaded and ready to use). It's ridicoulous according to my specs lol. I want you to recommend me some software that can make some analyse for me what takes the most time to load. I saw something like that in past but I can't seem to find anything good. And no, I don't have shit loads of apps awaiting to run after logging in.

Thanks in advence.

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Booting diagnosing
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 04:56:40 pm »
No matter what software you use on laptop it will always load way slower than PC.

You can stop or disable all unwanted services in your Windows 7 but that won't help you much to improve boot speed or even it will make boot up slower cause there is hidden problem in your system-and nobody know why and where.....

Only one useful trick is put your laptop in hibernate state when you are done with usual activities instead of shutting down system.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

Re: Booting diagnosing
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 05:22:22 pm »
boot times are indeed lower for laptops as their HDD is mostly 5400rpm vs 7200rpm on desktops, but the difference shouldn't be that big.
also, i don't think there's too much influence from specs to booting time, its mostly waiting for HDD either way(SSD would be at least 2 times faster, probably more).

windows key + r > "msconfig" > enter > startup tab
make sure only apps that you need to start are starting (be careful with services though)