Author Topic: The day has come...  (Read 5864 times)

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

The day has come...
« on: June 06, 2012, 03:46:55 pm »
Let's make a game containing WHOLE EARTH generated totally dinamically based on... something like Google Maps. Why not? It's already there:

http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=637.0

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBdK87Pm3Bk[/youtube]

It's in pre-alpha stage however if nobody will give up this engine can become the biggest step into gaming future ever. If you will find something cool about it post it, please.

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
Re: The day has come...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 04:00:58 pm »
That would own so much ::)

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 04:01:08 pm »
To be honest it will depend a lot on the type of game. For example, this would be great for flight simulator or something, but bad for GTA.

How fun would it be to explore the entire earth with some friends on mumble haha

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 04:04:09 pm »
To be honest it will depend a lot on the type of game. For example, this would be great for flight simulator or something, but bad for GTA.

How fun would it be to explore the entire earth with some friends on mumble haha

haha  "this is my house, this is my car" XDDD
HELLO THERE

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 04:04:38 pm »

imo that would be really entertaining lol

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 04:14:34 pm »

people should just stop trying to achieve the game 100% checklist in these games like you cant have 100% checklist in the life, and instead do what you find most interesting.
but also there should be some fast and probably overpowered transportation in any game that has big map, and teleports.

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 04:32:04 pm »
I still dream abour driving simulator based on whole Earth. Looks like my dream may come true someday. :L

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 04:45:48 pm »
I still dream abour driving simulator based on whole Earth. Looks like my dream may come true someday. :L

GPS Data and good vehicle physics..why not?

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 06:39:36 pm »
but projects like this must be updated like every 6 months and updating this kind of shit means to rebuild the entire thing from scratch, so who wants to spend billions and waste time every 6 months ... i'd really love to live the experience and like every time we play we visit a location of one of us and just fuck around there, that would defenitly rule but it would take alot of money and alot of time .... but ey who knows? maybe we'll get to do that in 2070, so yeah just keep playing SA-MP for the next 68 years and once this shit is created we'll try it out :) just make sure you stay alive until 2070  :L

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 06:45:17 pm »
Well, of course we won't have enough time to build whole world lol, untill google maps 3D is used. :L I mean, since it's open-sourced for modding players will for sure help this idea. You can modify the map however you want, building roads, houses and so on. You can even place an apartment on a top of Mount Everest there.

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »
lol i was thinking about something like this few days ago  :L

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 06:58:36 pm »
I just finished configuring it. That's one of screens from my PC. Impressive view. Waiting for developing proccess to on go! Starting to search for my city now lol.

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 06:59:53 pm »

Same^

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 07:29:18 pm »
Imagine this:

Rigs of Rods vehicle and vehicle damage physics(or R* engine RAGE) on vehicles, Ship Simulator Extremes seas, Flight Simulator X airplanes, GPS data roads with accurate terrain forms, and lastly, Multiplayer.

I wonder how big the game would be, I mean Max Payne 3 is already 35 GB and it's a limited area game..

Well as they say, todays dreams might be tomorrows reality.

EDIT: Some readers are starting to take this seriously, it's just imagination guys.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:34:23 pm by Karlip »

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 07:34:29 pm »
Rigs Of Rods vehicle physic (not only damage... CryEngine is mathing vehicle behaviour constantly ._.) is not possible in game like GTA. High End computers can't handle even a few vehicles in nearby area.