Author Topic: R.I.P. Laptop  (Read 18694 times)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Laptop
« on: April 28, 2012, 01:45:26 pm »
My laptop has stopped working yesterday morning :( I think it's a motherboard or power related problem... I brought it to a shop and they will look what is going on.. Problem is, I started my laptop, dos screen appeared.. screen was flickering and kept doing that.. I was unable to turn the laptop off. So I pulled out the power.. then I pulled the power back in and it refused to start.

I hope they can fix it for a good fair price.. or else I wil miss my money :'(
and cya in 1-4 weeks again.. when I get my laptop back or a new one (maybe desktop).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:15:26 pm by [FSR]Ush »

Offline AnriB

• View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Laptop?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »
:(

so you !! as soon as possible

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 10:36:41 am »
I see I will be missed :L

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 10:48:38 am »

dont u have a high tech nerd friend? if u do, u can give it to him instead of paying for some one else to fix it

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 11:15:18 am »
nope, but you really need to be technician to get the problem cause the laptop didn't do anything..

I paid 29 euro for the shop to research the problem and tell me, then I can decide if I wanna repair it or not. (depends on price)

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 03:31:03 pm »
nope, but you really need to be technician to get the problem cause the laptop didn't do anything..

I paid 29 euro for the shop to research the problem and tell me, then I can decide if I wanna repair it or not. (depends on price)

Shit, that sucks, i mean 29 euro's just to tell you what's fucked up with it .... their kind robing you bro, but eyy goodluck with your laptop, hope you come around soon

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 06:37:18 pm »
Did you expected they test for free?Testing laptop reque unique tools thats why price is 30 euro.
Maybe in Albania 15 years old kid could test hardware for free and probably screw up other parts whille trying open laptop with knife,cause he refuse to buy tools what every servicer must have it.

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 07:12:50 pm »
Did you expected they test for free?Testing laptop reque unique tools thats why price is 30 euro.
Maybe in Albania 15 years old kid could test hardware for free and probably screw up other parts whille trying open laptop with knife,cause he refuse to buy tools what every servicer must have it.

does the tools brake everytime you use it? you have to buy them again everytime you use them once? lol
29 euro just to tell you what the problem is is really expensive imo, at least here, when you get the computer somewhere to get fixed, they make you pay only when the computer is fixed, they don't make you pay just for telling you what's wrong

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 07:28:50 pm »
Testing/servicing tools cost around 600-700 euro and you buy them once of course if you care how to use them.
So why somebody who bought that should test something for free?

If you already know what is damaged on laptop/pc you wont send machine in service to test for you,am i right?
So how you can say they robbing you if you don't know what is broken on PC,they doing their job and for sure you should pay them...

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 07:54:34 pm »
Testing/servicing tools cost around 600-700 euro and you buy them once of course if you care how to use them.

If you already know what is damaged on laptop/pc you wont send machine in service to test for you,am i right?
So how you can say they robbing you if you don't know what is broken on PC,they doing their job and for sure you should pay them...

I wasn't arguing about paying them for fixing the computer itself, but, just for saying what's wrong...
If you have to pay them just for telling you what's wrong, then the fix itself costs how much? 300 euro? :L

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 10:31:15 pm »
I don't find it very expensive for a machine you need almost every day.. 29 euro and I know what should get fixed. People put time in my laptop and ofcourse they should get paid. I can't tell them to fix it, cause I will refuse to pay too much for 3,5 year old laptop, better buy a new one in that case.

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 11:04:45 pm »

I wasn't arguing about paying them for fixing the computer itself, but, just for saying what's wrong...
If you have to pay them just for telling you what's wrong, then the fix itself costs how much? 300 euro? :L

Ok let me to explain you why you should pay them just cause they test hardware for you,for example since laptop doesnt boot up or even show any picture on monitor problem is in hardware so that is inside plastic box.
They must 'open' laptop to see closer where is problem - in 80% fault is on motherboard cause everything is small chips.
So without unique tools-instuments you are unable to find where is problem.
Well lets see situation closer guy(servicer) have to open laptop which means 10-40 screws to remove to come close enough to motherboard then he use instument 300-700 euro worth to test your laptop and put himself on risk to burn some more chip just to tell you where is problem....That least 1-3 hours depend how skilled he is.
And you expect he do that for free?

Price of 30 euro is fair enough just to tell where is problem and if is worth repairing laptop,often they are unable to fix since hardware(chipset) change every 2 year so they cant find matching chip by fair price...
Sending laptop in service on test is way better solution than giving somebody without exprience who will try fix for cheap money and probably make more damage ....

300 euro repairing is worth only on busniness class of laptops whose price is around 1000-3000 euro,models who cost 300-500 euro arent worth to repair if motherboard have to change(100+ euro)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:13:44 pm by [LSR]Jalicno »

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:19:58 pm »
Well, then it's pretty different here :o, you only pay when you get it fixed, and the price isn't even that high, maybe... 120 pesos, which is 20 euro aprox (ofc i'm talking about professionals, not 15 years old albanian kids :L)

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 11:27:48 pm »
You talking about laptop or desktop pc's service?
Cause there is huge difference between prices of each components.
Trust me if guy repair your laptop for 20 euro probably he just clean dust and warm a bit cause BGA reballing chip must cost 40-80 euro.
See your own eyes this cant cost 20 euro...
I think its your native language  ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNxbpCtO480[/youtube]

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 11:32:46 pm »
Nah, I know what a laptop is, and yeah, it costs that, but well, money here isn't the same than there, even tough we can convert it...
I just think it's imo weird (or at least here they don't) that they make you pay only to see what it has xD