Author Topic: Your moobilephone  (Read 159700 times)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: Your moobilephone
« Reply #420 on: September 06, 2012, 05:56:04 pm »
Nice

Offline Stacey

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 09, 2012, 07:03:44 am »

Offline TunniQ

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 09, 2012, 10:02:07 am »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 09, 2012, 11:35:54 am »
that phone is so expensive

Offline musicloveR

« Reply #424 on: September 09, 2012, 11:40:07 am »
samsung star 3

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 19, 2012, 01:32:44 am »
ok wanna buy a smartphone as well, but what one? It will be a HTC or a Samsung..

I like the next 3 models that I found:
- HTC One S (most expensive phone)
- Samsung Galaxy S II
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance (cheapest)

I am new into smart phones, so have no opinion about them big time. But things like OS, how much do they differ.. and the Galaxy S II got NFC, which makes you able to pay with your phone. I find that a bit scary, lol. Don't want to pay with my phone to be honest.. but maybe it is easy to disable and enable again once I will ever need it.

Just want to hear some opinions, or maybe some of you own one of the phones and want to share your experiences.

PS.: Don't need to hear that the HTC One X is better, that model is way too expensive for me. I am not a thief of my own wallet.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 19, 2012, 04:23:29 am »
I'm saving for an SII atm, SIII is too expensive and I don't want billpay. I've got no opinions, haven't used anything besides budget smart phones but the SII seems like a good phone from what I've seen.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #427 on: September 19, 2012, 02:10:57 pm »
ok wanna buy a smartphone as well, but what one? It will be a HTC or a Samsung..

I like the next 3 models that I found:
- HTC One S (most expensive phone)
- Samsung Galaxy S II
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance (cheapest)

I am new into smart phones, so have no opinion about them big time. But things like OS, how much do they differ.. and the Galaxy S II got NFC, which makes you able to pay with your phone. I find that a bit scary, lol. Don't want to pay with my phone to be honest.. but maybe it is easy to disable and enable again once I will ever need it.

Just want to hear some opinions, or maybe some of you own one of the phones and want to share your experiences.

PS.: Don't need to hear that the HTC One X is better, that model is way too expensive for me. I am not a thief of my own wallet.

one s - by far the fastest(believe it or not, it comes close to one x and sometimes beats it), you need to get micro sim(just fyi, no cost or problems there, just ask your provider)
s 2 - everything one s have, and bigger, but less pixel density screen
s advance - slowest of the three, smallest screen(all three screens are still in the high end), old android 2.3, not upgadeable to 4.0 and 4.1 unlike other two, worst camera, no flash for camera, not able to record 1080p, have "only" 8gb, and 768MB ram, not 1GB like other ones, by 10% worse battery(it drains less too though).

although advance is worse its still a great phone, and you need to think do you need the more advanced features.

and dont worry about nfc, you dont have to use it if you dont want to.

and the new android is in no way a requirement, just some things are better there.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 19, 2012, 02:14:44 pm »
How are the batteries of the phones?

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #429 on: September 19, 2012, 02:23:55 pm »
hard to compile because some lack some tests

one s :
BATTERY       Standard battery, Li-Po 1650 mAh
Stand-by   No official data
Talk time   No official data
Battery life   Endurance rating 35h ( i think this test is far more intense than real usage would ever be)
s 2:
BATTERY       Standard battery, Li-Ion 1650 mAh
Stand-by   Up to 710 h (2G) / Up to 610 h (3G)
Talk time   Up to 18 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 8 h 40 min (3G)
Battery life   Endurance rating 40h
s advance:
BATTERY       Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh
Stand-by   Up to 570 h (2G) / Up to 550 h (3G)
Talk time   Up to 15 h (2G) / Up to 7 h 20 min (3G)

also, ppl make too much of a deal with the battery, the thing that you have to drain battery to like 20% before charging is myth, that applied only to old and outdated Ni-mh batteries, which noone uses anymore. so you can just plug it when you go to sleep and don't worry about it.

when i just bought my phone i thought the battery is way too weak, but if you reduce screen brightness a bit(it can even be auto-adjusted by light sensor), keep wifi/gps/bluetooth off when not needed, endurance almost triples.

btw, reviews and info here:
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_s-4574.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9070_galaxy_s_advance-4469.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_galaxy_s_ii-3621.php

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #430 on: September 19, 2012, 08:17:15 pm »
Im really happy with my galaxy ace, even tho is the old model (5830) it runs ICS perfectly
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #431 on: September 19, 2012, 08:20:12 pm »
sure its ics? seems like ace supports only gingerbread from info & what ive seen?

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #432 on: September 20, 2012, 02:33:40 am »
yup

I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 20, 2012, 02:56:53 am »
Probably go for HTC One S, friend of mine gets the same, gonna check it at his house tomorrow!

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #434 on: September 20, 2012, 07:26:14 pm »
I suggest Samsung Galaxy S II, and get Official Samsung Galaxy S II 2000mAh Extended Battery (EB-F1A2KBU) (EB-K1A2EBEGSTD)

http://hemorrdroids.net/samsung-official-galaxy-sii-extended-battery/

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-EB-K1A2EBEGSTD-EB-F1A2KBU-Geh%C3%A4user%C3%BCckseite-Galaxy/dp/B005FYHRY8