Author Topic: which hdd should i get?  (Read 3558 times)

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
which hdd should i get?
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:41:44 am »
my current samsung one is fucked up and i even started lagging badly on sk races because of it and i want a new one for games and fraps, now i idk if i should get another samsung one..

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-SpinPoint-HD502HJ-interne-Festplatte/dp/B002J65AHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323541157&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.de/Western-Digital-5000AAKS-interne-Festplatte/dp/B000Q82PIQ/ref=pd_sim_computers_3

http://www.amazon.de/Western-Digital-WD5000AADS-interne-Festplatte/dp/B002P3KO4C/ref=pd_cp_computers_2

or suggest me something else if its good, i only need 500gb and my budget is 100€

Offline [AK47]Zetterberg

• View Profile
    • AK47 Website
Re: which hdd should i get?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:23:13 am »
Sell your PC too and forget the AX forever you JUNK! :D

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 11:32:27 am »
lol

Offline ЯYӨƧЦKΣ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 12:51:31 pm »
definitely samsung  O0 :police: :laugh: ^-^ ;D :) >:D ;)

"Artful_Dodger: okay truth spoken i am rambo, i am using m249, i got a huge giant dick"

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 02:55:12 pm »
Samsung F3 is good one,tbh am using that model amost year and there was no any problems,but price in that time was around 35 euro.
I would wait spring of 2012 to get fair price,these are way too high.Cause of certain reasons.
Paying 80euro or more for 500gb is worth only in case if your hard disk is total dead or you have no hard disk to make machine run.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 03:06:47 pm »
ill be ordering the f3 then, with my current hdd i cant play any new games at all, every 3 sec fps drop to like 5 or 10, even on samp i notice that every day i lag more.. i also heard a lot that prices will be dropping reasonably somewhere by autumn 2012, cant wait that long  :P

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:25:57 pm »
I'm using WD Caviar Blue for 1 year (1TB tho) without problem also. Anyway prices are crazy nowadays due to floods and other crap.
People say WD got some problems many times however I had 80GB WD for 4 years without any bad sectors! That's pretty good result.

Anyway Samsung will be better I suppose.

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 06:30:38 pm »
WD is well known that doesn't like kung-fu(no name chinese)PSU
thats why huge percentage of them FAIL in warranty period

Offline [AK47]Zetterberg

• View Profile
    • AK47 Website
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 06:33:43 pm »
Forget about the Junksung.
Junksung and Maxtor HDDs are shits!

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 06:42:10 pm »
Any proof you got,or your story is based by story of random kids with non basic knowledge about hardware who put  beasty video card(8800GTX or better) on 300W PSU,and then they complain why hard drive is full of bad sectors?

Offline [AK47]Zetterberg

• View Profile
    • AK47 Website
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 07:16:54 pm »
Any proof you got,or your story is based by story of random kids with non basic knowledge about hardware who put  beasty video card(8800GTX or better) on 300W PSU,and then they complain why hard drive is full of bad sectors?

Im finished my school where im learned computer assembly and maintance.
Do you wanna any proof???

Dont be so arrogant just because you have one of this short life shits... TY

Check the facts and stay objective.......
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:21:06 pm by [AK47]Zetterberg »

Offline [AK47]M4lysz

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • [AK47]Forum
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 08:16:50 pm »
ill be ordering the f3 then, with my current hdd i cant play any new games at all, every 3 sec fps drop to like 5 or 10, even on samp i notice that every day i lag more.. i also heard a lot that prices will be dropping reasonably somewhere by autumn 2012, cant wait that long  :P

I think same thing happening too my PC, it become slower and my fps dropping from time to time.
And theres no fu...ing way to record full-HD on fraps like i did before (i dont mean samp, DIRT3 and other new games)

Offline [AK47]M4lysz

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • [AK47]Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 08:28:10 pm »
Btw. Zatt

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 12:23:40 am »

Im finished my school where im learned computer assembly and maintance.
Do you wanna any proof???

Dont be so arrogant just because you have one of this short life shits... TY

Check the facts and stay objective.......

Cool story bro,but the fact is that i studied about hardware long time before you started your scholarship so you should show respect to me,i aint no arrogant just sharing with people my oppinion about hardware on this forum.
To be honest nobody except you complained before about my posts based on hardware and IT in general.
At 2003 i started working with hardware in some small shop not sure where you been in that time,but Maxtor,Seagate,WD,Samsung and other brands were in that period very popular no doubt they are same now.
The fact is if any of them was really bad,am 100% sure more people would complain not just like 500 kids who got bad experience with any brand.Where huge percentage of them talking shit about hardware just cause they are bored or want make attention.
I have great explanation for you and huge part belongs to post what i wrote above about bad quality of PSU.
Your body need blood,and we know that you need like 7 L of blood to makes your body run proper,so how you would feel with 5L of blood and somebody force you run with lack of blood.Your brain and other organs gonna fail after 30 minutes of hard treatment.Same goes to hard drives.
Soon or later each hard drive no matter if name is Maxtor or Samsung gonna show bad sectors caused low voltage cause of huge usage of other compontes on bad-Chinese PSU.Sometime same goes with brand name PSU but wont comment them.
Think about that.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 02:45:16 am »
^

Zetterberg was owned lol