Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 413239 times)

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
Re: GTA V
« Reply #1155 on: February 02, 2014, 11:55:58 pm »
Question about online mode (I'll play more there now because I finished the story): When you do missions, is it normal/common for enemies to keep respawning infinite times? If that's the case it sucks unless you are playing with someone else, because some missions are impossible to finish on your own if that's what happens in every mission.

For example today I was doing a mission by myself (since I invited everyone and no one accepted :( ) in which I had to destroy 4 vehicles parked within an aprox 80 mts. distance (so, far from each other) and I had to make them explode by using the petrol can, so I said to myself ''okay, I'll kill everyone first and then I do that'' but the moment I killed everyone, more enemies kept spawning, and it was like this for like 5 minutes, which means it was impossible to have the time to get the cars to explode.

I think I'll be very dissapointed if enemies never stop spawning lol, I won't be able to do some missions by myself :'(

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #1156 on: February 03, 2014, 06:02:30 am »
I never had that, strange, tomorrow and tuesday I have 6 hour cooking class so I come back home quite tired, I could play wednesday for a while to help a bit (since I can get better weapons)
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #1157 on: February 03, 2014, 05:10:04 pm »
So when you kill every enemy on the map no more enemies appear? lol I wish I do missions like that, I did 3 since yesterday and in all of them they just kept spawning until I left the place, so it's not so hard when all you have to do is pick something up, but hard if you need to, for example, explode 4 separated cars :L

btw the mission I said in my example was called ''No hay bronca''

Offline [LSR]Cassidy

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:44:14 pm by [LSR]Cassidy »

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 11, 2014, 08:32:21 pm »
i want heists!  :D

[spoiler] [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:21:55 pm by [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 11, 2014, 08:59:46 pm »
I want GTA V PC!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 11, 2014, 09:03:42 pm »

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 11, 2014, 09:43:31 pm »
long waiting for you guys  :L

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #1164 on: February 12, 2014, 06:35:44 pm »
I want V:MP and/or MTA:V.

I actually get more enjoyment from playing singleplayer than GTA:O because GTA:O is full of DMers, griefers and rammers. Also, the content creator is good but people only play the same 5 verified races over and over. Playing games also takes forever because of lobby/loading screen/voting screen etc etc.

I can't wait until we can play AX in GTA:V, there are some reeally nice roads and many of the cars handle really enjoyably.

A while back I honestly sent an e-mail to Rockstar explaining how they should take elements of SA:MP and make race modes work like AX...they obviously ignored it because the GTAO interface is clunky as hell.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:39:30 pm by [MAF]Epoxi »

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #1165 on: February 12, 2014, 07:05:20 pm »
I want V:MP and/or MTA:V.

I actually get more enjoyment from playing singleplayer than GTA:O because GTA:O is full of DMers, griefers and rammers. Also, the content creator is good but people only play the same 5 verified races over and over. Playing games also takes forever because of lobby/loading screen/voting screen etc etc.

I can't wait until we can play AX in GTA:V, there are some reeally nice roads and many of the cars handle really enjoyably.

A while back I honestly sent an e-mail to Rockstar explaining how they should take elements of SA:MP and make race modes work like AX...they obviously ignored it because the GTAO interface is clunky as hell.

i probably said it already, but the mta devs reached late stages of development with MTA:IV until they saw that it's too late to be worth finishing (they said that vehicle ownership sync issues was a hard problem to solve), so, if the relevant part of the engine isn't rewritten, they could get a serious boost this time.
they also noted that the multiplayer parts were written terribly, at least in IV. for example, network layer and the gamemodes themselves were not divided into layers, they were merged into a big mess of a code that has little to no modularity.

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #1166 on: February 12, 2014, 07:25:11 pm »
About the modularity: yeah, I hope GTAV is basically single-player with a load of hooks in for multi-player syncing.

I think they key thing to progress is the market size though: IV:MP never took off because no one had a computer powerful enough to run the poorly-optimised game and the map and features were minimal compared to SA.

Because they are bringing GTAV to PS4 and XB1 (x86 architecture) I think the PC version of V will be a lot more efficient than IV, and people have a lot faster computers now. I think if enough people have GTA:V on PC, the modding community will make their own multiplayer regardless of how difficult the challenge is.

I do worry though that they may have made multiplayer modding difficult to try to force people to play GTA:O instead of any third party mechanism like SA:MP/MTA, but given how easy the PS3 version has been to hack alone, I think we have a very exploitable game to look forward to.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:28:00 pm by [MAF]Epoxi »

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #1167 on: February 12, 2014, 07:33:57 pm »
IV:MP was also buggy as hell. i couldn't even play AX:IV, it just kept crashing. :( eventually they stalled the development, and promised to do a rewrite that really never came.

i agree with that it should be way better optimized, after all both PS4 and xbone uses 8 small and slow cores, so they will have to both optimize it for x86 and multithread it well. however, its R*, you can expect them to code the game so it won't run well with less than 8 cores.  :L
furthermore, it looks that they will use dx11 on pc, so that could be some additional performance hit.

Offline [MAF]MrHess

I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #1169 on: February 17, 2014, 01:17:23 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95sY09MpVFg[/youtube]