Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 414190 times)

Offline [MAF]Karlis

Re: GTA V
« Reply #645 on: July 09, 2013, 04:35:31 pm »
oh well, time to refresh my IV HUD mod for mta :L

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #646 on: July 09, 2013, 04:35:41 pm »
Epic.  :D

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 09, 2013, 04:38:28 pm »
Omg:

Also, the stock market reminds me of CrazyBob's lol.
lol yeah same
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #648 on: July 09, 2013, 06:26:04 pm »
cant wait to put my hands on this game!!! September 17 please hurry up XD
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #649 on: July 09, 2013, 08:33:34 pm »

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 09, 2013, 08:40:23 pm »
Looks damn good, except the minimap.

Offline peddy

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 09, 2013, 09:00:28 pm »
car physics look very arcadish  :-\

on the last take, it looks like the cars run faster than these jets...

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #652 on: July 09, 2013, 10:05:57 pm »
hope they aren't as jelly-soft boatish handling like gta4 had

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #653 on: July 10, 2013, 01:51:35 am »
I hope they are a balance between San Andreas and IV. Ideally 60% IV, 40% SA in my opinion, R* just need to take the edge off the IV wobble until it looks realistic.

As many people have said, the arcadey looks could be because of many things: supercars have super hard suspension, Franklin has special driving skill, there are over 1,000 customisation features (including performance parts) for tuning your car.

I am sure we will still see soft suspension on the Sabre GT, Dukes, Hellenbach, Tampa and other muscle cars.

Offline nero

« Reply #654 on: July 10, 2013, 09:30:35 am »

You can make everythink look awesome in a video. I hope you guys remember how they fucked up the GTA IV MP, although they had the SAMP-mod as a perfect blueprint for a succesfull MP. Biggest failure were not using dedicated servers, but instead let players host the servers. Result were crashing servers because of high graphics requirements, fail bans from servers, poor available server options and so on and on... (not to forget about all the patching bullshit and Games for Windows Live and Rockstar Games Social Club)

GTA IV on pc felt like they forced a console game onto the pc with a sledgehammer. I really hope they learned their lesson...

Like Epoxi said, a good balance between IV and SA would be fine. Driving an Infernus in IV was a mess cause ALL cars were just bobbling around like a muscle car, I want to have more choices in V.

Oh and finally, let's hope for a good story and nice missions. I played IV just yesterday and already got pissed after 1 hour, because you get calls every 5 minutes ("CHEY NICO LET'S GO BOWLING NAO"), police AI sucks big time (they can't do anything but block you with 100 cars) and the mission all consisted of "Drive there and kill this, drive here and get this, drive there and bring me this".

Offline [2F2F]Hellmuth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 10, 2013, 09:36:04 am »
They might have fucked up GTA IV MP but afterall thats what kept the game alive longer than it should, I got quite addicted to some of the co-op modes...

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #656 on: July 10, 2013, 09:44:27 am »

You can make everythink look awesome in a video. I hope you guys remember how they fucked up the GTA IV MP, although they had the SAMP-mod as a perfect blueprint for a succesfull MP. Biggest failure were not using dedicated servers, but instead let players host the servers. Result were crashing servers because of high graphics requirements, fail bans from servers, poor available server options and so on and on... (not to forget about all the patching bullshit and Games for Windows Live and Rockstar Games Social Club)

GTA IV on pc felt like they forced a console game onto the pc with a sledgehammer. I really hope they learned their lesson...

Like Epoxi said, a good balance between IV and SA would be fine. Driving an Infernus in IV was a mess cause ALL cars were just bobbling around like a muscle car, I want to have more choices in V.

Oh and finally, let's hope for a good story and nice missions. I played IV just yesterday and already got pissed after 1 hour, because you get calls every 5 minutes ("CHEY NICO LET'S GO BOWLING NAO"), police AI sucks big time (they can't do anything but block you with 100 cars) and the mission all consisted of "Drive there and kill this, drive here and get this, drive there and bring me this".

was saying this yesterday on the server...
everyone is OH MAH GOD MULTIPLAYER CONFIRMED, FTW
the thing is that the clip in the end did tell exactly nothing about the multiplayer, except the obvious freeroam mode.
most likely it will end up as closed and useless as IV one was, how fun is it to play non-customizable gamemode with just like 20 maps available  total.
so most likely a decent multiplayer is still some years away, until others make the mod.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 10, 2013, 10:02:26 am »
Back in the PS1 days before console multiplayer was around I always loved the idea of playing games online, now I prefer single player anyway. PC single player too.

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #658 on: July 10, 2013, 10:03:30 am »
We should be given some more Multiplayer info in the coming days so maybe let's not riot about it YET. Maybe a miracle will happen.

BTW. Rockstar humor as always:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:14:08 am by [MAF]Cromiell »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 10, 2013, 10:59:15 am »
I hope they learned from GTA IV MP and SAMP