Author Topic: About FPS at racing.  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Luk_Ass

• View Profile
About FPS at racing.
« on: August 06, 2011, 07:51:05 pm »
Hello. I am admin of gta tournament (mainly DM server but he have races too).

Do you have something like maximal FPS limit on the server? Because FPS affects accelerate, a lot. And if a player with powerful comp sets framedelay to 0 ms then he gets even 500+ FPS so he has much faster accelerate. This guy has had about 480 FPS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW36iWt3RTE.
How do you solve it there?

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: About FPS at racing.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 07:52:57 pm »
tell them to turn frame limiter on in options and then type /fpslimit 75 and that should limit it to 100 fps which is sa-mp's frame limit

if they don't listen then bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

and make sure frame delay is at 1

Offline Luk_Ass

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 08:01:00 pm »
Default SA framedelay is 14 ms. And with framelimiter on at defaul framedelay you can get max 60 FPS even if /fpslimit is more.

So you haven't solved a "cheater" with super high FPS yet? Is there a maximum allowed FPS?

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »
i get a max of 70 fps if i type /fpslimit 100 because sa-mp's frame limiter is broken even though i have 100+ with it off. so people who use the mod and get lots of fps should limit their fps to 100 because the mod changes the game in a lot of different ways

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 08:18:14 pm »
TIP: Displaying position and CP count on the center of screen may get player nervous.