Author Topic: Czech weed law  (Read 8301 times)

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Czech weed law
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 10:00:32 am »
I don't agree with making drugs legal at all. When they are illegal most people think of it as a bad thing. Which it is.

No real facts but drugs result in debts and crime. I spent many years spending my wages on weed, it came to a point where I chose weed over food. That should never happen.

I loved getting stoned, don't get me wrong. But weed is hard to detect by the average person, this makes it easy to be stoned and deal with everyday life. Unlike alcohol, which is easily detected by the effects. I could get stoned at 5am, be in work for 5.50am and no one would notice. The facts are though, my heart rate was slowed down. my reaction time was also reduced.
That's why we shouldn't accept drugs. it could slow you down in school, in school you have to pay attention to achieve your potential.

Drugs are bad. I should know.  ???

Do you not think that if they (are we talking about all drugs or just weed?) were made legal there would be a far greater support network to catch people who fall through the cracks like we have for alcohol? The strength and quality could be maintained and monitored?

I'm not saying it would be a good think to legalise it (when i was younger i did, now i am older and have seen some of the damage (firsthand) that weed can do) but i certainly think that the whole world of drugs should be debated more as the current system isn't working, as it just funds criminals and criminalizes the end users.

Ush, does The Netherlands have a big problem due to the coffee shops (are they only in Amsterdam or everywhere?)? I appreciate it is also a cultural thing, so may not be so easy to map from country to country (look at how 24 hour alcohol licenses didn't change the UK drinking culture at all).

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
Re: Czech weed law
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 02:59:47 pm »
Ush, does The Netherlands have a big problem due to the coffee shops (are they only in Amsterdam or everywhere?)? I appreciate it is also a cultural thing, so may not be so easy to map from country to country (look at how 24 hour alcohol licenses didn't change the UK drinking culture at all).

We got them everywhere. Every city. Even in my parents town, with only 12000 citizens they got a coffeeshop. In the city I live, which has 187000 citizens, we got like about 10 coffeeshops. Amsterdam has hundreds.

Coffeeshops don't give any problems at all. Only bad thing about it is that they get most of their weed out of the criminal circuit, in the Netherlands you can (only) have up to 5 home grown plants per household.. which people smoke all theirselves or sell something. What you could say is that the frontdoor is open and legal and the backdoor is criminal and illegal.
Biggest problem the Netherlands got is that the other countries in Europe don't do the same thing, so we got all their tourists to visit us and behave like idiots. The municipalities at the borders with Europe(Belgium/Germany) and the city of Amsterdam(but they use to have tourists for everything like the red light district etc) suffer the most. What could be done is to not sell it anymore to foreigners.. but that doesn't solve the weedproblem every country has.

But lets get to the facts, the weed branche makes lots of money, you can't keep it away from criminals. Unless you legalize it. What should be done is (what the party I vote for proclaims) legalize everything from beginning to end. From the growth of the weed till the point where they sell it.
We got less addicts to weed and people usually stop smoking it after they finish their study or get children.