Author Topic: The Truth about Zika virus (Government likes to say these are only rumors)  (Read 5379 times)

Well...It turns out that I've researched a bit on the records of my local Health post (A governamental facility which I had acess while doing a maintenance), I've figured out that Zika Virus exists here since the 60's, but the symphtons aren't the same as today.
Our Media insists to claim that Zika Virus is causing Microcephaly, but, coincidently, the areas affected by Microcephaly were the ones covered by an infamous pesticide from Monsanto Co. (Which have been paid ridiculous amounts of money to develop a pesticide that doesn't prejudice humans), this infamous pesticide is known for causing congenital malformation...But that's that's not my Business they said...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:42:44 pm by RedHotChiliPepper »
Win Streak: 10, ops mistype, 1

Offline Troublemaker

Re: The Truth about Zika virus (Government likes to say these are only rumors)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 10:14:58 am »
"One third of Americans believe this Zika conspiracy theory" good. They are starting to use their brain.

Offline Queen|iPink

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Queen
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 11:25:15 am »
Jesus christ stop reading that stupid media and shit on the internet and trust every single word then get paranoic, this topic is a great scenario for a movie, espec ur sneaky story.

Respect to nero tho for this powerful answer lol, clearly can see person still has some brains and his own opinion
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 11:29:52 am by Queen »

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 12:49:37 pm »
zika blyat
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + Western Digital 320GB
Astone Enforcer Mid Tower Chassis

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 04:10:08 pm »
Viruses evolve and adapt to conditions they need. Thats normal and was like that for centuries.

Back on topic....

OMG Conspiracy, maybe aliens caused this virus and of course, governments hiding the truth
... but

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

TrustNo1

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline Ivan.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 04:46:44 pm »
No no no Zika Virus was made by muricans to promote vaccines and make profit while simultaneously killing people!

-Every single Croatian 35+ year old keyboard warrior

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 06:14:26 pm »
As a laboratory technician I can tell you that those accusations about the origins of viruses/vaccines are NOT meaningless. Yes, there are people who believe in every possible conspiracy theory, but pharmaceutical industry is a big system with a lot of malfeasance cases so it's justified to have doubts about anything related to it, including the origins of certain viruses.

Offline [FSR]cyco

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 02:58:53 am »
Do not just read what the newspapers say. The mainstream information almost is totally controlled. If you want to read something strong and really authentic, go here: (merge all letters so that there are no spaces between)

n s a . g o v / p u b l i c _ i n f o / d e c l a s s /

Only two things to keep in mind.
1) From the moment you enter the site there is a high probability of being tracked, and this could last for a long time ...
2) The documents that you will find, even if declassed, were subject to heavy censorship.

Enjoy the reading  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:26:35 pm by [FSR]cyco »

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 09:24:35 pm »
There's still not officially a link between zika virus and microcephaly. What there is is a correlation, but correlation does not equal causation.

Also, I wouldn't take newspapers as reliable, good sources when it comes to science (or at least health/biology/medicine), because they just seem unable to forget about their sensationalism. You have no idea the amount of shits I read from newspapers (or media in general) when it comes to health/medicine/biology.

In a nutshell

As a laboratory technician I can tell you that those accusations about the origins of viruses/vaccines are NOT meaningless. Yes, there are people who believe in every possible conspiracy theory, but pharmaceutical industry is a big system with a lot of malfeasance cases so it's justified to have doubts about anything related to it, including the origins of certain viruses.

Are you implying that pharmaceutical companies create virus? I don't see how that can be possible.

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 09:52:35 pm »

Are you implying that pharmaceutical companies create virus? I don't see how that can be possible.

Viruses can be mutated in laboratory by technicians in experimental purpose and that's nothing weird, that's the way scientists can find out more about their morphology, cultural and biochemical characteristics, antigen structure, pathogenicity, diagnostic and their sensitivity on certain madicaments. However, that can be abused in many ways; for example, to create different modifications of the same virus - subtypes (one virus with different characteristics, structure etc.). Some of those subtypes are of natural origins, but there are also those with laboratory origins... Bird flu virus, swine flu virus, dog flu virus are just some of these subtypes known to wider auditorium, but there are many others about whose existence are only rare people aware of (mainly those stongly connected with medicine and supreme pharmaceutical companies and research labs).

And yes, they do have cure for these well known viruses and maybe even for less known ones, but then comes a question of profitability in announcing them in public and releasing them for free shopping in pharmacies/drugstores... Some people even believe that they also have a cure for HIV virus and I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. The only defect/disease for which they still definitely haven't found any cure that definitely removes it is cancer (malign tumor).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:56:02 pm by Troublemaker »

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 10:34:49 pm »
I don't see the point in modifying a virus if they can't make a profit out of it. What would be the point of modifying the Zika virus so that it causes microcephaly if there's no vaccine or cure  for the virus (disease goes away on its own actually) or cure for microcephaly?

Also, you mention that people in labs actually have cures for some virus, but if that were the case, why wouldn't they announce it? It would be very profitable, from a purely ''people buy the cure'' point of view and from a ''marketing'' point of view, considering it would give more recognition to the laboratory. They'd only lose money if they release them for free, but who says they have to do it for free?

The problem with microorganisms is that they can mutate pretty fast and evolve and gain resistance/methods to avoid death, therefore finding a cure is harder. The best example are influenza viruses, which have a new vaccine literally every year because of their mutations. But I agree that for example, in HIV, it is much more profitable to just keep selling the drug cocktail they usually give to HIV+ people than releasing a cure.

Well the thing with cancer is that it's not a disease, but a group of diseases which have in common to have a disregulated celular cycle. So you can't ''cure cancer'' because it is literally over 100 different diseases. What may be done is to cure a particular sub-type of cancer. For example, breast cancer has these sub-types (actually more if you grab a proper phatology book but i cba to scan it now) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breast_cancer_cell_lines

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 02:00:14 pm »
I don't see the point in modifying a virus if they can't make a profit out of it. What would be the point of modifying the Zika virus so that it causes microcephaly if there's no vaccine or cure  for the virus (disease goes away on its own actually) or cure for microcephaly?

Good question.

Also, you mention that people in labs actually have cures for some virus, but if that were the case, why wouldn't they announce it? It would be very profitable, from a purely ''people buy the cure'' point of view and from a ''marketing'' point of view, considering it would give more recognition to the laboratory. They'd only lose money if they release them for free, but who says they have to do it for free?

They don't announce them because apparently the more profitable option is to sell a bunch of other medicaments which have less effect or even contraeffect on viruses. Therefore people will have to buy them on regular basis since they don't completely cure virus + they may switch to another type of medicament or combine two or more = that's definitely at least triple more profitable than just releasing a final product of cure (whether free or for sale) which would result in people buying in only once and curing themselves immediately. I hope you get the point here. What you said is of course more logical and moral solution, but you know, money rules the world, people only care about profit.

The problem with microorganisms is that they can mutate pretty fast and evolve and gain resistance/methods to avoid death, therefore finding a cure is harder. The best example are influenza viruses, which have a new vaccine literally every year because of their mutations.

Of course, that's what was I pointing out in my previous post. I know how viruses work and develop. Mutations usually happen when virus "decides" to mutate on its own, but I was trying to say that there are unnatural/artificial mutations caused/provoked by people for certain purpose. I'm not really into it (I'm still rookie in this field) so I can't say more.

Well the thing with cancer is that it's not a disease, but a group of diseases which have in common to have a disregulated celular cycle. So you can't ''cure cancer'' because it is literally over 100 different diseases. What may be done is to cure a particular sub-type of cancer. For example, breast cancer has these sub-types (actually more if you grab a proper phatology book but i cba to scan it now) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breast_cancer_cell_lines

I haven't studied pathology much, but it seems legit.

Well...I didn't intended to speculate any conspiracy thing, but I've gone after answers and I've found enough to appease my curiosity

I've spoke with my granduncles and they told me that Zika Virus already appeared on their city 50+ years ago, and it was nothing unusual, a simply cold with a slightly more elevated fever...

If you figure out by yourself you'll clearly see that it's just the way that the corrupt fiscalization and Monsanto Co. is using to hide the fact that their product is causing microcephaly, the fact that the cases ceased after the repellent compound was changed is evidence enough to you figure it, few people already had figured that out too, but what now? Nothing Happens, that's because the goddamn Brazillian burocracy is too hard to get by since most burocratics are invisible at our sight, and that makes a breach to bypass proper fiscalization and investigations, specially when it is related to private companies (Example: "Barragem de Mariana-SAMARCO", nobody has paid for that yet)

Well...brazilian folk aren't the smartest people, though it's known that most of us are ignorant to this kind of shit, just blame the government and it's done, well...I don't know how it goes on your country, but I know mine.
I just wanted to make people understand that the Virus is not dealt with because "Brazilians can't deal with a single mosquito", the true problem is that Brazilians can't deal with polictics at all...No, I'm not talking about polictics as governors, mayors n shit, I'm talking about the real concept of Polictics, the interaction betwen the society, government and everything at all, that relationship is where we fail at and blame others for that...
Win Streak: 10, ops mistype, 1