Author Topic: i have a question about the security of buying things online  (Read 4784 times)

Offline 3DSexVilla

i have a question about the security of buying things online
« on: August 23, 2015, 09:07:45 pm »
if i have two operating systems in my PC in different partitions in the same HD, Windows and Ubuntu, and the Windows have a spyware in, and i buy things only in Ubuntu, can the spyware catch my bank card informations in the Ubuntu?

Offline Meso

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: i have a question about the security of buying things online
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 11:09:08 pm »
Probably yes, cause basically they are part of the same HD, so first of all you should clean both partitions for be safe, then scan all partitions using an antivirus and check if there are spyware or even other virus.
Once you done all this things, your PC should be clean.

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:15:57 am »
Probably yes, cause basically they are part of the same HD, so first of all you should clean both partitions for be safe, then scan all partitions using an antivirus and check if there are spyware or even other virus.
Once you done all this things, your PC should be clean.

hmm okay, i better buy a mini-pc only for online shopping, thanks for the informations

Offline Meso

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:53:49 am »
hmm okay, i better buy a mini-pc only for online shopping, thanks for the informations
Honestly instead of wasting money buying a new laptop, and spend 300$ or even more, you should clean your main PC and use it, cause basically spyware can infect even your new one....So in my opinion you'd better clean this PC instead of buying a new one.
There are two options:
• Pay someone to do it
• Do it by yourself, it's not so hard, i've done same thing years ago cause my PC was full of virus and spyware, fortunately none of my data has been stolen or other
Here is a link that could be helpful.
I hope to have been a help to you, cya.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:06:38 am by Meso »

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 07:38:43 pm »
Honestly instead of wasting money buying a new laptop, and spend 300$ or even more, you should clean your main PC and use it, cause basically spyware can infect even your new one....So in my opinion you'd better clean this PC instead of buying a new one.
There are two options:
• Pay someone to do it
• Do it by yourself, it's not so hard, i've done same thing years ago cause my PC was full of virus and spyware, fortunately none of my data has been stolen or other
Here is a link that could be helpful.
I hope to have been a help to you, cya.

i didn't mean laptop  :L
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Compute-Stick-Windows-BOXSTCK1A32WFCR/dp/B00UZ3CYE2

Offline Meso

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 08:35:57 pm »
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:09:06 am by Meso »

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 08:40:46 am »
i got a better idea, i buy two physical HDDs, in one it will be only for domestic use (Ubuntu), and the other will be an Ubuntu only for buying. when i go to buy i go to the BIOS and i will disable the domestic and enable the buyer. This way i won't need to buy other computer, i will just need an extra HDD and the two systems will never meet themselves. Maybe i can do it with just a flash drive  :L

Offline nero

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 09:16:41 am »
Because just formatting the Windows partition is way too much of a hassle, right?  :o

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 09:21:49 am »
Because just formatting the Windows partition is way too much of a hassle, right?  :o

no, i just want to avoid at 100% the spywares in my PC while i buy my stuff

Offline Meso

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 02:30:23 pm »

As he said formatting could be the solution, even if you'll lose all your data you can easily do a backup of documents or whatever you want.
Anyway, you'd better install an Antivirus for be as safe as possible against all bullshit that travel along internet, personally i use Norton that block any kind of false positive, or possible virus either spyware, worm ecc. Buy a new one (HDD) it's not the best solution! Obviously this is just my opinion

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 02:32:46 pm »
Why don't you use virtual PC platform?
doubt there is any cheper solution than that.....

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 03:14:51 pm »

As he said formatting could be the solution, even if you'll lose all your data you can easily do a backup of documents or whatever you want.
Anyway, you'd better install an Antivirus for be as safe as possible against all bullshit that travel along internet, personally i use Norton that block any kind of false positive, or possible virus either spyware, worm ecc. Buy a new one (HDD) it's not the best solution! Obviously this is just my opinion

i don't believe in Window's security, even with anti-virus

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 03:24:52 pm »
Why don't you use virtual PC platform?
doubt there is any cheper solution than that.....

hmm no cuz i want the system fully updated and for this i'm gonna need to use the HDD, so the system files will meet themselves if i do this.