Author Topic: Help Vertigo with his trip to Europe  (Read 15862 times)

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
Re: Help Vertigo with his trip to Europe
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 06:23:05 pm »
Berlin to Budapest is with a tour, so I'm not sure how much spare time we will have there. I'm sure they will take us to plenty of nice places.

Thanks for the info so far!

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 06:55:07 pm »
Poland says "fuck you" :L Enjoy

Offline palm-tree

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 06:56:55 pm »
About Venice:

You should visit Piazza San Marco(Mark's Square), where stands a beautiful cathedral and you can also find Palazzo Ducale(Ducal Palace). I'm afraid you will have to pay to go inside, but frankly, an external view it's enough ;)

You could also enjoy a ride on a steamboat that goes through the canals, which is quite suggestive, or just walk across the streets(and it's really easy to meet blind alleys), and the bridges, some of them are cool and offer some nice views.

The museum list is really long, one above all, the Peggy Guggenheim collection.

Going there in March means that you can find the Venice Carnival, which is amazing, but I think it will be at the start of the month.

Last thing for now, Venice by night is very beautiful and romantic, perfect for couples, so it's worth spending an evening there, with a good aperitif ;)

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 10:38:29 am »
Thanks again so far.

I would like to know from any locals, or anyone who knows these cities well, which are nice areas and which areas to stay away from.
More specifically, I'd like to know nice places to find a hotel and places which I wouldn't want to stay in lol.

Offline Queen|iPink

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Queen
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 10:53:35 am »
Why  u no visit LT? xD

Offline Frostballe

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 02:15:24 pm »
Meh, don't even bother going to Tromso.. Everything is so expensive in Norway, come to Sweden instead! We have northern lights too!

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 03:07:07 pm »
I disagree.
Norway is the most awesome country i've been in, at least nature-wise.
its expensive though, so consider being bit more economic there.

Offline Frostballe

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 03:45:38 pm »
I'm not so amazed by the nature of Norway actaully, atleast not as most people are.. Actually consider ir rather boring.
Another thing you might want to have in mind while visiting Norway is that you should always have a raincoat with you when your'e out. The wheater   usually changes fast and without warnings. Good luck!

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 03:52:07 pm »
Thanks for that. But I'm used to that, where I live we say we have 4 seasons in 1 day  :L

Offline [TFGO]_Gabbie_

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 06:57:06 am »
I'll help you for sure, my dear (queer) friend.

I know the information that will make your whole trip be amazing.

All you have to do is buy me a airplane  ticket so I can go with you guys .. and BAM, it's done.

Just saying...

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 02:56:44 am »
What's a nice place between Nice and Paris we could visit? Or is it not worth stopping in between lol.

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 06:24:48 am »
Monaco is 20km from Nice

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 08:04:12 am »
if you listed those countries in the order you're going, that means you may be in the UK for 4/20 (well 20/4) so going to hyde park would be a fun day out if you like getting high haha

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 11:45:06 pm »
What's a nice place between Nice and Paris we could visit? Or is it not worth stopping in between lol.

About 1/3 of the distance from Nice to Paris, there's Lyon, one of the major French cities. I have never been over there but I'd like to and from what I've heard, it's a really nice city, known to be France's "gastronomic capital". And also close to Lyon (about 50km to the East) is a small mountain city Chambéry which should be really nice.
Or if you don't mind doing a little detour via Switzerland that could be even better.

Also you might have thought about it before but if you want to save money for the trips, you can look for carpooling websites. I've used a few times a French one which had several trips across France and neighbouring countries (at least Belgium and Switzerland). If you're interested in the name of the websites about carpooling or long-distance buses and trains  for France you can just ask me.

Offline broodjehamburger

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 01:12:49 pm »
Come to Groningen, Me and Ush will show you around haha