Author Topic: Internet censorship in NL  (Read 11059 times)

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Internet censorship in NL
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 05:27:59 am »
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 10:48:07 am »
The Pirate Bay has already been blocked for me for the last year, maybe more. Only one ISP in Ireland (Eircom) has done it so far though, Eircom used to be the dominant ISP, they aren't anymore. I see this when I visit TPB:

I bet they lost a lot of customers when they did this, I should have switched but I don't pay for the internet :L

Anyway, enabling governments the ability to do this is NOT good. It also won't stop piracy at all. People should realise that any kind of censorship will just get worse, just look at SOPA and PIPA. I know this is an American thing but the EU and countries within it always tend to follow America's footsteps and introduce similar bills. If we allow the governments to pass laws like this, then even more severe bills like SOPA and PIPA will make their way over to us.

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 12:04:38 pm »
As bad as pirating is, SOPA is out to block sites like Youtube too.

That will never happen, seeing as Google is one of the largest and wealthiest internet organisations: they will fight pretty hard to lobby against legislation that destroys their $30 billion+ investment.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:10:24 pm by [MAF]ChepiChups »

Offline Gavish_gooch

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »

Except if you want to play some pirated games online, you need to use a stolen CD key, thereby removing a legitimate copy from the system. Hence, stealing.

I find it ironic how people are being defensive over pirate bay, when pirate bay is one of the MAIN reasons this SOPA thing has come around. the pirate bay made copyright infringement easily accessible to everyone and forced a dramatic response from governments all over the world. If you want to blame anyone for the imminent censorship of the internet, blame the Pirate Bay, and the selfish people who used it to score free shit. They are the cause of the destruction of the internet as a place of freedom.

Offline TheSource[MA]

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 01:00:23 pm »
Fuck the SOPA, they will never do that in morocco, and even if they do ill keep changing my proxy and ip, they will never get me and ill have access to everything

Offline Gavish_gooch

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 01:11:07 pm »
Fuck the SOPA, they will never do that in morocco, and even if they do ill keep changing my proxy and ip, they will never get me and ill have access to everything

You are missing the point. SOPA isn't the problem, it is the proposed SOLUTION to the piracy problem. You really want to do your part against SOPA and PIPA? Stop pirating shit.

Offline TheSource[MA]

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 07:24:49 pm »
Well thats what i ment, ill get downloading free stuff, and pirated stuff, because internet was free the first day and anyone can say and do anything!!

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 07:35:10 pm »
Well... I don't give a shit about torrent sites. Not like I don't use them but it's pointless to block freedom of internet. They can't stop pirating, and it's not any good way since it will make it even more complicated.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 07:12:54 am »

Except if you want to play some pirated games online, you need to use a stolen CD key, thereby removing a legitimate copy from the system. Hence, stealing.
i think it's an accepted fact for most people that if they pirate a game with cd keys (in other words every game these days) they're going to have to go without online OR play on hacked servers with a bunch of hackers. it's not like people can use the pirate bay to break into people's PCs and steal their cd keys.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 08:29:42 am »
and even if the keys are stolen, they're stolen from publishers, not from someone that bought the game.

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 09:53:20 am »
i get the same Ush:

Well i really do agree with Firefox about this.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 11:51:44 am »
and even if the keys are stolen, they're stolen from publishers, not from someone that bought the game.

that doesn't mean it's ok

Offline AnriB

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 10:08:50 am »
nl guys , can u use kat.ph ????

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 01:04:03 pm »