Author Topic: News topic  (Read 85260 times)

Offline ivanduk

• View Profile
Re: News topic
« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2016, 05:44:46 am »

it will probably happen in ~ 5 years

[SFX]Dr.Hulka [4]: talking about gay give it to id 17
piggernenis [17]: haha
piggernenis [17]: hulka put me on ignore because he thinks im gay
[SFX]Dr.Hulka [4]: id 17 have aids

Offline nero

« Reply #316 on: January 12, 2016, 12:10:35 pm »
There were two protests in the Cologne. One of left wing people, one of right wing people. Both protesting the sexual attacks on new years eve. Somehow, only the right wing protests started attacking the police.

Oh, and just yesterday, 250 right-wing pegida demonstrants trashed a neighborhood in Leipzig. Because thats the way to protest refugees doing illegal things.

https://mopo24.de/nachrichten/liveticker-pegida-und-legida-demonstrieren-in-leipzig-39685

In the pictures, you can see honest german citizens, being oppressed by german government

/sarcasm

Offline [LSR]Cypher

• Manager
  • Right behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 24, 2016, 09:47:12 am »
UK votes to leave EU. Maps of results:
by region [spoiler][/spoiler]
by age [spoiler][/spoiler]
It looks like elder people that live outside the big cities voted for leave and apparently won.

I'd like to know a couple of things here:
1. Can anybody tell me if living in UK before joining EU was actually better than it is now? I just don't understand why people chose to leave. Has anyone got a first-hand experience with people that voted against? Why they did so?
2. Also, what is so special about the eastern part of London? Are there more rich/poor/native/immigrants/etc. living there?

Offline nero

« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2016, 12:37:24 pm »
There was a nice chart, which compared the voting by age to "time you have to leave with this decision". Old people who just don't give a fuck about future voted for leave, young people who have to deal with the results for decades voted for remain.

About first question: I doubt anybody in this forum could have experience first hand. EU was founded 1993, but originated from other union agreements much earlier (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union#Structural_evolution)

About second question: Don't know for sure, but I know people working in financial related jobs or trade and export would've voted for remain. Same for immigrants. Maybe people with these criteria live there.

I like to add:
Disregarding if this decision was right or wrong, what David Cameron did was just pure careless. At first, he started the talks about referendum to calm his OWN political party because he doesn't achieve enough, and then tries to hold them back when they are actually going for it. And guess what: Now that shit is boiling, this guy decides to leave his position in October, right in time so some other poor soul has to deal with the negotiations with the EU about the leave.

This man is just a coward to me. A blatant opportunist more interested in his own success then the future of his country and fellow countrymen.

Edit: Found said infographic:
https://scontent.ftxl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13507177_1025349370880775_4082477719157881339_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=ec7fa515eb31c5f4ea225e2586e83cd7&oe=57C3CADB
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:38:48 pm by nero »

Offline [LSR]Cypher

• Manager
  • Right behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 24, 2016, 02:25:07 pm »
Nice chart, thank you, but I still don't get something. The people aged 25-49 y.o., that most likely do not have their future as secured as people aged 50+ have, still voted almost 40% for leave. I don't get why though. Just yesterday I bought pounds with the purpose of selling it after the poll results. I though staying in EU was pretty straightforward decision that people would definitely take. I have no idea what did I miss and just want to understand it better :D

About first-hand experience question - I meant if any of our UK players spoke with parents / older relatives  / etc. about why they voted to leave. Thanks for the link, I thought EU appeared in 2000s, didn't know about the previous agreements.

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #320 on: June 24, 2016, 06:40:23 pm »
EU is actually a well-known true face of democracy  :L

Good decision by whoever voted for Exit, time will show.

Offline Ivan.

« Reply #321 on: June 24, 2016, 06:58:53 pm »
Cause youre an expert on this topic and know everything just like everyone does right

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #322 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:20 pm »
Whatever I answer you will just be a confront of different opinions and beliefs... But I can tell you that EU was never made to last on long terms, considering their principles and policy.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 25, 2016, 02:57:53 pm »
Seems lots of people just wanted to vote against the "establishment" because they're angry. Many now even regret that the vote was successful because they only voted to leave as a protest vote.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/i-really-regret-my-vote-now-the-brexit-voters-who-wish-theyd-voted-to-remain-a3280361.html

Regarding the age differences, the oldest people miss the Empire and think Britain is still a superpower, the young people mostly like immigration having grown up with it, and the middle aged group have seen cuts in public services like hospitals and were told that immigrants were to blame for this. Of course, that was a lie but they'll only realise that in a few years.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #324 on: June 25, 2016, 09:07:31 pm »
soo...?

How many OVERAL % vote to stay or leave? Looking at pictures few posts above, margin was really tiny, nearly 50/50

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline Sonetto_

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #326 on: September 17, 2016, 12:30:54 pm »
1. Because it's free

2. People can just create what they want for their server
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + Western Digital 320GB
Astone Enforcer Mid Tower Chassis

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #327 on: September 17, 2016, 01:38:04 pm »
Only a million? I thought it was a lot more.

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #328 on: September 17, 2016, 01:47:47 pm »
Only a million? I thought it was a lot more.

That's still alot considering CS: Source isn't in the top 10 anymore and is not peaking a million.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + Western Digital 320GB
Astone Enforcer Mid Tower Chassis

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #329 on: September 17, 2016, 02:20:21 pm »
Well I bet that 3-4 years ago that number was even larger...