Author Topic: Registry bleh  (Read 3005 times)

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
Registry bleh
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:27:11 am »
So i installed an old game for some fun (NFS III if you were interested) and I was looking for something
to increase the max resolution. Anyway I found a program and it says I have to go thru the registry to
make it work. Anyway I look through regedit but the problem is there is no folder for the game there, so
basically the game is installed but there's nothing in the registry? I'm guessing this is also why I can't run
3DSETUP.EXE Anyway how can I fix this?

Also I can't fraps on it, but I'm guessing If i fix the other problem, it'l fix this too.

Offline Scorpion.

Re: Registry bleh
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:11:48 am »
try with compatible mode

right click on the file, program> compatible and run the program in compatibility mode;
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000

Try one of this, I recommend Windows 98

i hope work , cya

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:15:01 pm »
I don't think you understand

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:20:27 pm by Vertigo »

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 12:51:10 pm »
kk
reg problem mmh

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 01:10:26 pm »
WINDOWS 2000 / XP / VISTA COMPATIBILITY GUIDE FOR NEED FOR SPEED III: Hot pursuit.

The following procedure will make your Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit game RUN NEAR PERFECT UNDER WINDOWS 2000 / XP/ Vista.

Game will run almost just as good and in the same speed as under win95/98/me. And I 've tried to make it as much detailed as possible, so non-advanced users can follow it.

So, let's start:

NOTE: You must not have the game already installed in your computer in order to follow this procedure. If you already have the game installed, please uninstall it (don't worry, we will install it again, but in such way it will make it compatible)

1. Go to "(My) Computer" --> Right click your disc drive (the one the game disk is inserted into) and then click on "open" --> go to "SETUP" folder --> go to "ENGLISH" folder (or whatever other language you wish to choose as the installation language)
2. Right click on SETUP.EXE file (it's the one that has an icon with a grey computer and a box infront) --> click on "Properties" --> click on the "Compatibility" tab. Enable the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option. Select "windows 95" from the menu below. Then enable the "disable visual themes", and "turn off advanced text services for this program" options. Make sure that the "Run in 256 colors" and "Run in 640x480 screen resolution" options are disabled. Click apply and Ok.
3. Close all open windows, eject and reinsert the disc, and install the game. Make sure you make a FULL installation of the game.
4. Reboot
5. Now you can run the game under windows 2000/xp/vista, but only in software render mode (the game cannot take advantage of the 3D acceleration of your graphics card, and thus graphics appear primitive). To enable 3D acceleration go, Start --> All programs --> Electronic Arts --> Need For Speed III --> 3D Device Setup. On the window that opens, under the "3D graphics renderer" section, make sure that "Direct3D Device1" is selected from the menu (or if you don't see that, select anything else available except "software renderer"). and then OK. If a warning appears, just click yes/ok and then Ok again.

I have tried this on an two computers, with a NVIDIA and an ATI cards, and it's perfect. It even works on Vista, with minor lockups during loading and exit

About registry you will  find many 'bugs' cause game was originally made for win98 which using total different system to address info in registry than winxp

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 04:03:19 pm »
ok thanks ill test that out later

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 11:08:07 pm »
haha lol Sims :L

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 12:51:22 am »
What is wrong with sims,i found them very clever you have to do a lot to increase their level and stuffs

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:52:22 am »
^ i have the sims 1 expansion pack and the sims 2 expansion pack

very addictive games

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 01:58:26 am »
Sims: Bustin' Out and Urbz ftw

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 06:27:20 am »
The Sims Complete Collection ftw

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 08:22:11 am »
Worked a treat, thanks jal.

Oh and it's the sims 3. It's ok I guess. I played it for a couple of days and then stopped lol.
The original Sims is easily the best one!