Author Topic: Just some writing of thoughts.  (Read 27181 times)

Offline Torete_[GT]

Re: Just some writing of thoughts.
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2014, 06:35:13 pm »
I kinda feel the same when I'm around my people and the only thing they talk about how hot a girl is and boast about something they did related to alcohol, drugs and girls. "Pff, that girl is so damn hot. I'd take her into my bed..." and actually I have to say, I'm the first who lead a life that way. The only difference is that I don't boast, just say.

Probably today I found out this life, my life, is not as cool as I thought for them. I'm so fucking confused right now that I don't really know what do to: if giving my best on my life and pushing to the limit till I'm so fucking tired I give up or throwing away all my thoughts.

I had to write this because I saw this topic as the first one, like if god put it in front of me. I don't really know if I'm right, but the only thing I really know is that karma works boy and it does extremely good, take care of that bloody bitch.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2014, 08:13:06 pm »
Just remember (if you believe in this kind of stuff) you always have angels and spirit guides around you, that gives me a lot of comfort, I call them in when I need to. I hope you do the same thing.

Offline nero

« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2014, 03:08:07 pm »
When I started working after university about 2 1/2 years ago, I was eager to finally do something, create and produce something relevant rather than just sitting and absorbing knowledge.

Now, I managed to get myself a more realistic point of view on the topic of work and joy.

If you love the matter of your work, things will piss you off. Often. Things will not happen like you want them to. You will not have the power of control to make things the way they should be to be good. They will always turn out as a agreement between different powers, as a huge pile of non-fitting parts made to fit so everyone can tell his boss he got it his way (or at least was able to say "No" to smth.). There will always be fights over who gets to decide. If you don't have to fight with your collegues, you will have to fight with your client (which is a lot more difficult and consumptive). Your work might consist of 20 % of actual work and 80 % communication (e.g. emails, client calls, meetings). This can be frustrating and kill your motivation at all.

Now you might ask yourself: "But what should I do about it?"

I don't say that this can be applied to all jobs and companies. But these tips are my conclusion after 2 1/2 years in a very stressful job:

1. Always give 100 %. If you love it, give 120 %. Never give 80 % (this might get you fired…).

2. Do it like you would do it for yourself. Half-assing the job will get you a shitty reputation amongst co-workers and clients faster then you can say "Please don't let me go".

4. Fight for your ideas.

5. Nevertheless, your ideas might sometimes not work. Accept this as a fact when proven so. Be open to "kill your baby".

6. Doing things extra-good from the beginning might save your ass when you fuck up something later.

7. Always have a plan B. For everything.

8. If things piss you off, say it out loud in a reasonable situation and language. Keeping silent and then leaving is for cowards.

9. If you leave, make it clean. No matter how fucked up everything was, look forward and start fresh, don't waste your time and energy and creating more mess than there already is.

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »
Nice tips nero, I agree with everything. But it isn't the same for every job, like you said.

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2014, 02:46:27 am »
I'm curious to know what tip number 3 is.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2014, 03:11:22 am »
Always leave people wanting more.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!