Author Topic: Limitless Event  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Wenom

Limitless Event
« on: October 22, 2018, 07:46:10 pm »
 Hi! This weekend I am holding another racing event on MTA, kind of endurance race. The race author is Waldek, but since he is busy, I am the organisator, which means I can also participate as the racer. All the rules are the same as in my last Survival event, but the race is shorter this time - only 500 checkpoints instead of 1000, that takes approximately 40 minutes of driving. More information about this kind of events you can check here: http://forum.adrenalinex.co.uk/index.php/topic,7049.0.html
 To participate, you do not even have to register anywhere - just join the server in certain day and time. We have not decided about the server, day and time yet, but last time we played on Sunday at 19 CET on SGA server, so it is probably going to be the same, but I can not promise anything right now. When we decide, I will write all the information in this topic. Contact me in this topic or in personal messages if you have any questions.

Offline S

• View Profile
Re: Limitless Event
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:07:53 pm »
is this event on 2018 fps, or are we still forcing additional rng into the game?

Offline Wenom

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 11:07:54 pm »
You will not come anyway.

Offline Wenom

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:14:17 pm »
I would actually like to play with 100 or at least 60 FPS, but then no one from MTA will come because they still do not handle more than 50 FPS.

Offline Rider_Blade

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 08:16:15 am »
SHELL, good racer that's when can drive with 50 FPS in MTA and with 100 FPS in SA-MP. For example members from BOR can do it. And maybe someone from RTF.
My certificate on the nickname:

Offline S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »
ill trust you on this definition

Offline Rider_Blade

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 01:28:02 pm »
Everyone has an opinion.
For example i think so. Already even wangster nice racer with 50 fps. Saw him in MTA.

Offline S

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 12:59:25 pm »
my opinion is that competitively your platform is hot garbage, at this point i have to restrain myself from calling it an objective truth

Offline Rider_Blade

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 01:00:56 pm »
When you tried play in MTA Race?

Offline S

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 01:07:43 pm »
20 mins ago, which is why i was prompted to write that, i had forgotten how bad it actually is
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:17:37 pm by S »

Offline Meso

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • RTF
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 03:01:58 pm »
i will participate to this event! [2f2f]shell are you coming? it'd be a pleasure for me to witness your unmatchable racing skills :balkangod:

Offline Rider_Blade

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 06:46:08 pm »
i will participate to this event! [2f2f]shell are you coming? it'd be a pleasure for me to witness your unmatchable racing skills :balkangod:
He not will come. Even if will come - then he should be ragequit :L
Btw he is first, who of racers hate MTA. At least i not saw more.
But his arguments not sense.
I'm know that in MTA hardest to control cars than in SA-MP and hard take shortcuts etc.. But anyway - good decent racers can play in MTA and SA-MP simultaneously.

Offline S

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 07:43:46 pm »
since you seem all about assumptions, let me clear it up for you: i dont hate MTA, i hate playing on it personally, i hate the fact that "competitive" events are still being held on an inferior platform (you can argue that "its just for fun", but isnt the objective of a race winning it?) and that theyre being held on FIFTY fps, 15 years after the games release.
pretty naive of you to think that im the first ever racer to hate playing on MTA, i can assure you theres plenty of skilled samp players that dislike playing on MTA, but why would they go around voicing that? in the end its pointless debating which of two dead games is "better" (yes, in my eyes theyre two different games). in your deluded vision everyone loves MTA, so tell me, why do MTA players keep coming to SAMP, yet no SAMP players bother to get good in MTA? ill reveal the answer for you: theres ZERO incentive to play MTA, on AX the handling is better, the races are better, the players are better (dont get triggered yet).
its easy to throw around those simple terms, but what does "harder" gameplay really mean when youre throwing away the consistency of your vehicle, the very basis of your performance, and for the benefit of what? "harder" gameplay? being forced to go slower and being afraid of every little change in terrain is not difficulty to me. on SAMP your potential is unlocked, which i think is why people keep coming here, if the race is good the outcome is decided solely by you, not by wonky physics. the only MTA player thats ever impressed me on here wasnt anything worth noting when he came here, but now hes somehow doing damage. but what can you tell me about that anyway as someone who is nothing special on either platform?
i think both platforms have good players, i dont claim to be able to come on MTA and wreck everyone, neither am i interested in doing it, because as i said theyre two different games to me, so you can refrain from "challenging" me again :L

Offline Wenom

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 08:19:38 pm »
 I really agree with your words, Shell, but there is no way to change minds of MTA players. They will forever keep play with 50 FPS because they don't even want to try something new, I think mostly due to the fact that the game is dead. I can make every event with 100 FPS to make more people from SAMP come but then less MTA players will come, and that's not cool.
 No one knows how to solve this problem, but I'm sure there is a way, we need to think about it.

Offline S

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 11:17:00 pm »
good on you for putting in the effort anyway, glhf

Offline SuperNova

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 09:12:11 am »
Then just add a fps limiter like on mr.green . People can choose fps between 45 ans 100 and its client side like samp . Problem solved in that case only .

Offline Wenom

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2018, 12:36:06 pm »
Good idea, Supernova, but who can help us with that script?
I think Joey Nelson had it on his server, I will ask him.

Offline SuperNova

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 03:14:08 pm »
I can make it . Just a command to create in lua and it's done

Offline SuperNova

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 03:37:59 pm »
(click to show/hide)

PS : Make sure the server is set to 100FPS max

Offline Rider_Blade

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 07:19:45 am »
SuperNova, i'm played already many tournaments in MTA, but this race map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxdSB5GKcrU&t the best and very interesting + a lot players come! Under 70!
I will wait such tournaments like this by you :D

Offline JoeyNelson

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 11:52:11 am »
Simple script, I can send you if you want

Edit: supernova posted, but you can only download crrated resource and install/start if you dont know how set this code in script.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:59:03 am by JoeyNelson »
JoeyNelson
Racers for life - www.r4l.forumside.com