Author Topic: Keyboard or joystick?  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Jac0b

Keyboard or joystick?
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:26:43 am »
Hello, so I started to wonder which of these two are better joystick or keyboard? For racing in my opinion should be better joystick, but I want your opinions (:

Offline Ivan.

Re: Keyboard or joystick?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:36:50 am »
Mouse steering

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 12:56:42 pm »
Yeah with mouse is better, I figured it out too late. Always had callus on my fingers when I used keyboard :L

Offline Jac0b

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 07:08:42 pm »
tell me the settings that you guys are using because I don't know any of the settings, cause I never raced with a mouse (:

Online Rider_Blade

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 09:04:44 pm »
Who started play on keyboard - will always pro on keyboard. Who started play on joystick - will always pro on joystick.
And to be retrained it is not easy. For example, with the joystick on the keyboard and Vice versa. It is difficult to judge who is better. I saw very fast racers and someone been on joystick and someone on keyboard. To each his own.
I play on keyboard and have average skill, but when tried play on joystick... I was like noob xD
My certificate on the nickname:

Offline SumiYa

• The dead cannot speak!
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: SumiYa
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 10:33:53 am »
Meh if you were playing a NFS game that the camera automaticly rotates , i would suggest a joystick

But for san andreas a keyboard & mouse is the best experience! :D

Offline Austinqueed

Keyboard or joystick
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 04:04:51 pm »
IIRC Steem allows that out of the box, e.q. making a joypad button behave like pressing SPACE or so on the ST keyboard.
Just explore the joystick configuration dialogs.