Author Topic: /startvote [racename]  (Read 17092 times)

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
/startvote [racename]
« on: February 15, 2017, 06:03:25 pm »
I reckon it'd be cool if players could start a vote for a track they like, something like this:

Steve types /startvote clip

"**Server: Steve suggests Clip as the next race. To vote for it, type /vote" (or some other command since /vote is already in use)

If more than half the server votes in favour, the race gets loaded. This way, players wouldn't need to spam admins if they want a race loading; they could let the server decide for itself. It also means admins don't have to be present for races to be loaded. It's win-win

Only possible downside is overuse, but that can be easily fixed by making it so after a suggested race wins the vote, the command can't be used for another 10 minutes/hour/whatever
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 06:28:09 pm by ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ] »

Offline G[M]X

• View Profile
Re: /startvote [racename]
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 06:21:50 pm »
I was thinking about this too, but my idea was to "buy a race", so you pay $100.000 and the server loads any race for you. But the race can't be longer than 10 minutes, we can use the top1 to measure it.

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 06:26:59 pm »
I guess we could combine the two and charge to start a vote. That'd solve the overuse issue and give people a reason to try to earn money, as well as prompting people to suggest reasonable races because they know they've wasted their money if people don't vote in their favour.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 06:28:49 pm by ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ] »

Offline wangster

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 07:03:50 pm »
I was thinking about this too, but my idea was to "buy a race", so you pay $100.000 and the server loads any race for you. But the race can't be longer than 10 minutes, we can use the top1 to measure it.

not this please, don't make /race mode similar to /tt lol, some races are extremely overplayed already.
Starting a race that someone wants with voting is fine as it won't just depend on 1 player only, so +1 for that, i guess.
._.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 07:43:45 pm »
reasonable

this is why just voting will never work. everyone has their own idea of reasonable, a bunch of noobs joining forces to put the server in IV or SK mode for 2 hours might seem fun to them, but for many others leaving the server is a better option. i find buying races to be a better idea because reasons, but the cooldown on it should be atleast 24 hours per player.

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 09:50:02 pm »
I prefer GMX's idea,  that way money will actually mean something and you would be able to spend it.

Offline SuperJames

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 01:07:03 am »
Really good posting like its your ideas, it happens in MTA, those vote things using your money. If you want this go to MTA and stop being Steve Jobs of AX.

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 01:12:58 am »
reasonable

this is why just voting will never work. everyone has their own idea of reasonable, a bunch of noobs joining forces to put the server in IV or SK mode for 2 hours might seem fun to them, but for many others leaving the server is a better option. i find buying races to be a better idea because reasons, but the cooldown on it should be atleast 24 hours per player.

That's the magic of the cooldown though, we can allow it to happen only as much as we see fit. If there's a price on top of that then it's something to spend money on. It'll need a fair bit of thought behind it, granted. But the idea has potential.

With this system, by default everyone who doesn't actively vote for the race will essentially be a vote against it. If more than half the server votes FOR it, on the other hand, that's a respectable majority and loading the race is clearly in the collective's interest. Considering the fact you've gotta pay to start a vote, the fact that you can only do it once every so often, and the sheer luck you'd need for literally half of the server to actively type /vote or whatever, I think you'd be surprised how little it'd actually happen. But the fact that there's even a slight chance will keep people engaged in the same way the lottery does.

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 01:14:57 am »
Really good posting like its your ideas, it happens in MTA, those vote things using your money. If you want this go to MTA and stop being Steve Jobs of AX.

I dunno if i follow... is this you accusing me of intentionally trying to steal ideas or something? :L

edit: double post, oops.. fook it
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:15:04 am by ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ] »

Offline SuperJames

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 02:02:59 am »
No, I mean gmx and troublemaker always 'creating' things

Offline Meso

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 07:03:22 am »
What would happen if 2 or more players start to load long SK? The idea itself isn't that bad, there are only a tons of things that must be stated to prevent people from abusing it. I honestly think that prices must be a little bit higher (since there is a /donate command , wouldn't be too hard for a new player to gather some money). If everyone agrees make that only player whose score is over 5000 can start a vote. In case these suggestions will be considered, we can think to reduce the cooldown to 12hrs.

Offline Ivan.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 11:05:14 am »
I can already see Troublemaker or some random loading long4_sk cuz gud race xDDDD

ffs

Offline Renz0

• dey c me trollin' dey hatin'
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Gio
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 11:05:30 am »
Why dont you just start giving VIP benifits. One benifit could be /starvote. Admins should be given the same benifit.
I would donate, if you start giving VIP benifits.
Happy 20

Offline Frostballe

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 11:49:50 am »
Admins already have the ability to load races, without having to /startvote.

The idea Is not that bad, but there is a fair chance that only a few type of races will be /votestarted. Even if you put a 24hr time limit per player for votes, a group of 4 players could just take turns starting votes for their kind of races.

Offline 66nos

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 12:11:39 pm »
Or a command like /redo that should work on a similar way, I mean like 60% (or 50% +1) of the ppl have to vote and the race is restarted... and yes to prevent abusing it will be possible to do only once per race so ppl won't restart the same race for more than one time, I mean you will have to vote the same race using /vote when it appears in the menu to be able to use that command again, also maybe it is good if that command won't be available for longer races.

But to be honest some commands that will require ingame $$$ should be good since money are used only to buy wheels so far. I don't think that letting people buy a track is a good idea since as it was said it can turn the server into sk/ IV/ idk what other kind of races that people might not enjoy.