Author Topic: FPS Rule  (Read 14635 times)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
Re: FPS Rule
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 10:13:05 am »
My problem is my internet provider sucks and im probably having some random packet loss.

Jup

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 06:59:27 am »
Everyone who gets packet loss or a sudden jump of ping will have this problem, even those people that are playing with 50ms of ping (because their ping will jump to over 100ms, even 80ms is bad).
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + Western Digital 320GB
Astone Enforcer Mid Tower Chassis

Offline G[M]X

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 11:06:39 pm »
Interesting thing i noticed.
With 20 players online, i got blocked every 10-20 seconds in a race.
Playing alone at night, i got blocked one time (i played for almost 3 hours)

Karlis, please:
So i presume i get 0fps at every tick my connection miss and thats why i get blocked everytime.
Well, can you test what happens if you change to 30fps 40fps everytime my fps returns to 0?

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 12:00:04 pm »
That's not how it could work, plus if you have such lag spikes you ram anyone 30 meters after you, so I really don't see why would we support these kind of connections. I've played ax from 3G networks and even then its not even that bad.

Offline G[M]X

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 03:07:15 pm »
In the condominium i live there's only one option of internet connection, i dont have any other option to change.
Considering tapping (bikes) and the handbrake glitch are still able, blocking fps is like this: http://www.brogui.com/imagens/cancelarespeito.jpg
Since the addition of this rule, people almost dont create boat and airplane races anymore.
I don't think im the only one having this issue, maybe im the only one complaining about it, and i think thats why a lot of people just gave up the server, i stopped playing in april because i was sick of getting blocked every fucking time, and now i came back, and im still having this issue, and i have problems only here.

I dont know why you keep a rule like this, i think you're just proud of your code, but man, its just a meaningless code that makes AX more laggy for everybody. Cmon, even you dont play this server anymore.
Fixing your code is not supporting these kind of connections, fixing your code is stopping to punish people for issues that are beyond their control.
Dont let the server die.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 09:32:39 pm »
remove it tbh, everyone just uses 30fps instead which is basically the same thing, the cons easily outweigh the pros with this system

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 09:56:46 pm »
Really pisses me off when some says Upgrade your PC it's too old"

Game was made to run at 30 FPS. Yes people this game got problems with FPS Limiter only set to 25. SilentPatch fixes this.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 08:15:36 am »
remove it tbh, everyone just uses 30fps instead which is basically the same thing, the cons easily outweigh the pros with this system

That would just mean that the system is not 100% effective, not that it doesn't work. <30 fps would be even worse.

Really pisses me off when some says Upgrade your PC it's too old"

Game was made to run at 30 FPS. Yes people this game got problems with FPS Limiter only set to 25. SilentPatch fixes this.

I don't care how it was made for poorly performing consoles 11 years ago. Almost anyone that can run 60 fps will find <40 fps really unpleasant and the system is made so that to get a record you don't have to get a unpleasant experience. You can still play, just don't expect to get a record while abusing faulty game mechanics.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 12:42:02 pm »
I don't care how it was made for poorly performing consoles 11 years ago. Almost anyone that can run 60 fps will find <40 fps really unpleasant and the system is made so that to get a record you don't have to get a unpleasant experience. You can still play, just don't expect to get a record while abusing faulty game mechanics.

why you call it '25 fps bug'?

remember SA is console (PS2) game ported to PC
console games are for 25 fps, and this is how SA was made/supposed to be run
anything diffrent from this value bugs game (increased acceleration, less sliding handling etc) but noone realises that, ya?
it's easier to say that 25 fps is bug, even tho it is how this game is supposed to be, than admit that actual playing at higher frame is?

funny how when ppl were trying to get as high fps as possible, overclocking their video cards to limits, just to get better times at drags were fine, noone pointed it as 'abusing'

people ARE getting records by using 30fps, its still a massive advantage over almost any other player
also, since this "bug" is so unfair to use, why do IV, SK and one world races allow it? im guessing performance reasons, but it doesnt make sense to have 1000+ races that are still "abusable" with no consequence

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 03:10:00 pm »
yes, they do, and in a perfect world I would limit it at 60, but limiting it at 30 was the best we could do without having ten times as many complaints as now. People were using 23fps limit, which is borderline intolerable to play in.

Offline G[M]X

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 06:05:10 pm »
At least can you just change the code to avoid blocking people for random lag spikes?

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2016, 07:14:06 pm »
Or simple you can stop playing game where you can't find joy on way what you want...

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2016, 11:27:35 pm »
random lag spike ain't the server's fault. It's the player's and you should be expecting spikes on a player with 250-350ms
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM

Offline [FSR]cyco

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2016, 02:28:49 am »
GMX, because it's a connection (and/or distance) issue, i always suggest to ask at you're ISP if it's possible to activate Fast-Path. Fast-Path technology it's a tweak operation usually made by a techincian from your ISP that makes some hardware/software modification on the cabinet that deliver's you the connection. Not all the ISP provides this kind of job and, even if it's provides, usually ask an plus on the adsl bill's. In few words, it sacrifices a bit of bandwidth speeds for better ping.
Or you can try this software called DMT DSL-Modem Tool: http://dmt.mhilfe.de/
I never use this software but for what i can read it's capable to aplly some tweaks at you're home router. You can find many videos on YouTube that explains some primary functions.
Let us know if you try and if it's works for you. See ya 8)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:36:33 pm by [FSR]cyco »