Author Topic: FPS Rule  (Read 14612 times)

Offline G[M]X

• View Profile
FPS Rule
« on: August 28, 2016, 01:52:51 am »
Well, FPS rule does not have a bug, its just bad made.
Its meant to block people who are abusing the 23fps bug, not to punish legit people who got little freezes or lag spikes.
Im one of those guys who barely can finish a race without getting FPS rule'd.

I don't see a reason to keep this rule tbh, but my suggestion is to check twice someone's fps to make sure its not a unlucky timing issue and the driver is really abusing this glitch.

Offline Queen|iPink

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Queen
Re: FPS Rule
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 11:27:08 am »
You said that it meant to block people from abusing and then you say there's no reason to keep it so lol...?

There's this super low percentage of players facing this problem caused by low net/pc etc reasons.
IMO it's more important to keep it and avoid abusers instead of getting rid of this rule when 90% records on ax are almost impossible to beat nowadays anyways (because all races are raped hard enough, espec old ones, not talking about new) so basically you lose nothing, couple of points only

If so.. There would be more abusers than players who are facing this "low fps" problem.

my suggestion is to check twice someone's fps to make sure its not a unlucky timing issue and the driver is really abusing this glitch.

It's possible only if real admins decide this one day, not autoadmin :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:29:03 am by Queen »

Offline G[M]X

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 04:32:11 pm »
It's possible only if real admins decide this one day, not autoadmin :D

Code: [Select]
SetTimerEx("CheckFPS", 5000, false, "i", playerid);
public CheckFPS(playerid)
{
    if(GetPlayerFPS(playerid) <= 30) FPSAbuse[playerid]++, SetTimerEx("DoubleCheckFPS", 2500, false, "i", playerid);
}
public DoubleCheckFPS(playerid)
{
   if(GetPlayerFPS(playerid) <= 30)
  {
      if(FPSAbuse[playerid] > 0 ) BlockRecord(playerid);
      else FPSAbuse[playerid]=0;
}

This will give a 2,5 sec to double check, unlucky timings will still exists but it will be harder to see.
2,5secs + 5sec from first timing = 7,5 secs is not enough to abuse.

@edit
[spoiler]
You said that it meant to block people from abusing and then you say there's no reason to keep it so lol...?

There's this super low percentage of players facing this problem caused by low net/pc etc reasons.
IMO it's more important to keep it and avoid abusers instead of getting rid of this rule when 90% records on ax are almost impossible to beat nowadays anyways (because all races are raped hard enough, espec old ones, not talking about new) so basically you lose nothing, couple of points only

If so.. There would be more abusers than players who are facing this "low fps" problem.

1 - Low end PC
There is a lot of people who still use a low end pc, or just old one, or laptops, well, most of them aren't pros, letting them play with 30fps will not hurt the highscore system, plus giving a slight advantage on straight lanes will not change much since 1/10 of the races. maybe less, are long-snoopy-drags style.
And by the way, most people who still play samp are low end pc users who plays this game because their pcs can't run newer games.
@editn2: About pros abusing this, changing the handling will hurt them more than help them. FPSbug is only helpful in drag style races, and you barely can see races like this anymore.

2 - Network problems.
Here I am.
Most of my issues are due to little loss spikes, but it still not my fault.
And please don't say it doesnt matter because this rule is meant to punish people abusing 23fps bug, not people who are having network problems. If you want to punish us, just set the ping limit to 100 and have fun.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 04:45:16 pm by G[M]X »

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 05:00:41 pm »
SA-MP pretty much disables everything hindering PC performance (motion blur is the one). But GTA SA is horribly optimized as shit even my Core 2 Quad system is puking to play SA at 1440x900 native res everything at max
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + Western Digital 320GB
Astone Enforcer Mid Tower Chassis

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 03:15:19 pm »
Procesor cores (quad)have nothing with resulution but video card does cause game was made 2004.

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 09:45:06 pm »
Game isn't well balanced when it comes to using hardware. It's using GPU too much even the PS2 couldn't handle the smoke they re-used Vice City (the smoke was cut in there btw only used in bank robbery mission)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 07:49:39 pm »
1 - Low end PC
2 - Network problems.
The check is already more advanced than that - it checks your fps every server tick (5-10 times a second, not sure exactly), and adds an value that increases depending how far below the fps threshold it is. If you still get tagged for low fps, it means that it happens consistently enough to potentially give you some advantage.

Also, I recently tried out samp with just intel HD graphics 4600, and I never got the warning, even though that video card is in no way enough for any kind of normal gaming, so if your computer still can't run it, it's probably time to do something about it.

As for network troubles, that sucks, but unstable network is generally very hard and annoying to deal with for everyone involved either way and we can't really do anything about it. We might adjust the thresholds a little bit, but don't hold your breath.

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 10:10:51 pm »
1 - Low end PC
2 - Network problems.
The check is already more advanced than that - it checks your fps every server tick (5-10 times a second, not sure exactly), and adds an value that increases depending how far below the fps threshold it is. If you still get tagged for low fps, it means that it happens consistently enough to potentially give you some advantage.

Also, I recently tried out samp with just intel HD graphics 4600, and I never got the warning, even though that video card is in no way enough for any kind of normal gaming, so if your computer still can't run it, it's probably time to do something about it.

As for network troubles, that sucks, but unstable network is generally very hard and annoying to deal with for everyone involved either way and we can't really do anything about it. We might adjust the thresholds a little bit, but don't hold your breath.

Intel HD 4600 is on par with a Radeon HD 5570. You don't really need an entry-level graphics card if you're running on a Haswell system because even the HD 4400 is better than a Radeon R5 230.

I just realized why the game runs even bad on some players with a more modern system, the game is badly optimized. My friend was able to play the game at very high with a Radeon 9800 XT without huge drops.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:12:23 pm by Terrorfist »
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 01:49:56 am »
9800XT was top level(pure gaming) card 2003 with 256bit mem bus, thats why keeps good FPS rate. Comparing 64bit mem bus or even 32bit what are often in laptop or in integrated solutions is kinda silly...

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 12:18:48 pm »
You don't really need an entry-level graphics card if you're running on a Haswell system because even the HD 4400 is better than a Radeon R5 230.

That's my point. You can buy a cheap laptop for a couple hundred (or a comparable used one for like 100) with integrated graphics and still be able to run this game. I understand that some can't afford a new computer right now, but some limit must be drawn, and, in my opinion, right now the limit is very reasonably low.

Offline G[M]X

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 03:03:36 pm »

So i presume i get 0fps at every tick my connection miss and thats why i get blocked everytime.
Well, can you test what happens if you change to 30fps everytime my fps returns to 0?

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 06:58:03 pm »
It is ridiculous that in 2016 we talking about lower limit of game from 2004. If player can't reach decent FPS for sure he can't even browse youtube or similar stuffs. In less than 50 euro/ dollars there are plenty dual core intel's processors with ddr2 ram and some 3D video cards. Person who can't acquire that shouldn't play any online game...

Offline G[M]X

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 07:49:58 pm »
It is ridiculous that in 2016 we talking about lower limit of game from 2004. If player can't reach decent FPS for sure he can't even browse youtube or similar stuffs. In less than 50 euro/ dollars there are plenty dual core intel's processors with ddr2 ram and some 3D video cards. Person who can't acquire that shouldn't play any online game...

The problem here is not fps, but connection.

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 08:30:55 pm »
Connection comes over PC, so lets test couple facts:
1. make sure you have workable hard disk- bad sectors often makes game delay and traffic drops to zero.
2. Also take look on processes in your operating system, windows update(svchost) mostly cause cpu and ram overload - started with promotion of Windows 10 if system isn't proper updated.
3. Be sure torrent or other 3rd party program doesn't 'eat' your internet traffic.
4. and for sure you can't expect good internet conection if you whoring some unlocked(free) hotspot - common thing last couple years.

This stand for all players who have problems with sudden FPS drops.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:33:10 pm by [LSR]Jalicno »

Offline G[M]X

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 11:10:42 pm »
Connection comes over PC, so lets test couple facts:
1. make sure you have workable hard disk- bad sectors often makes game delay and traffic drops to zero.
2. Also take look on processes in your operating system, windows update(svchost) mostly cause cpu and ram overload - started with promotion of Windows 10 if system isn't proper updated.
3. Be sure torrent or other 3rd party program doesn't 'eat' your internet traffic.
4. and for sure you can't expect good internet conection if you whoring some unlocked(free) hotspot - common thing last couple years.

This stand for all players who have problems with sudden FPS drops.

Im not having sudden FPS drops, im not having fps drops at all.
My problem is my internet provider sucks and im probably having some random packet loss.