Author Topic: European Stadium Of Culture - Main Concert  (Read 2698 times)

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
European Stadium Of Culture - Main Concert
« on: June 25, 2016, 09:37:07 pm »
This friday, European Stadium Of Culture in Rzeszów had it's main celebration day.
Together with friend, we had to go by train, nearly 400 km away, so knowing slow polish railways systems, took nearly 6 hours.
Due to some idiots who broke glass in one of passenger cars, we had 40 minutes delay, but after all we managed to reach our destination.

Main gig started at 21:00, it was typical festival concert, few "stars" performing 2-3 songs, then moving along and neaxt ones... etc... but really we did not care about these at all - in fact we missed these.
Real reason why we took that journey, was the headliner who started show 1.5 hour later.

What it could be? Why we decided to spend nearly 6 hours in terrible hot and slow train?
Maybe a small hint, that they are from the Neatherlands, and this year they celebrate 20 years at stage!

Thats right! Within Temptation came to poland once again!

Official picture taken by Band after the gig
With over 50 000 ppl from whole poland, we had again chance to participate in show lead by, getting older, yet still beautifull, Sharon den Adel and the pack.

Many random people who were near stage for hours (as whole stadium opened at 18:00) slowly went into the back, as thousends headbangers fellowship started to rock. These were true fans, who literally came from whole poland all along.
Festival was partly transmited in TVP2, polish public television canal.

Still got no idea how after being nearly 2 hours late, I managed to get that close to stage!

Due to wild crowd and very hot weather, I gave up with taking more pictures, and went with flow, enjoying the moment.

Band was in great shape, and even despite nearly 30 degree hot, managed to shake thousend people.

Setlist:

Paradise (What About Us?)
Whole World Is Watching (with Piotr Rogucki on stage)
Faster
In the Middle of the Night
Fire and Ice
Stand My Ground
Our Solemn Hour
The Cross
Sinéad
The Heart of Everything
And We Run
Caged
Covered By Roses
Mother Earth
-------Encore:-------------------------
What Have You Done
Ice Queen

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [AK47]erl12end

Re: European Stadium Of Culture - Main Concert
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 04:49:57 pm »

What is all the white stuff? Arms?

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 09:04:41 pm »
yep.

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [AK47]erl12end

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 02:51:05 pm »
Aha I see it now. Looks great.