Author Topic: Votings (applied for other things)  (Read 4274 times)

Offline Enf

• firetruck say tinu ninu
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: en_field
Votings (applied for other things)
« on: June 13, 2016, 06:47:50 pm »
I have been thinking about this and after all I see it as a good idea. I also thought that this might have been suggested before (and it got rejected), but there it goes anyway.

What if there were votings for other things like restarting a race, kicking/muting/sending to AFK a player, deciding if a race should be added or not. It would work with something like "/voting [Text/Request]"
It can be easily explained with some examples:

• Restarting a race: Sometimes there's the case that some players would want to repeat a race. So, at this moment an admin would type something like "/voting Restart the race?". In this moment, a frame would be displayed at the window with the message or request sent, and players would vote with something like (if want to repeat) "/vote YES" or (if not) "vote NO".
  • Adding or not a race to race selection: I've seen MadMax many times testing races, and after doing so, he always says something like "Add or not, checking at x hour". In this case, it would also make the things easier for admins to count the votes. So that would be: finish the race, type something like "/voting Add race?", and players would be free to vote in an easier way, again, with "/vote YES" or "/vote NO"

If you've ever played Team Fortress 2, you will wise up that what I'm suggesting is something like the votings there. I think it's a good and fair system, so I wanted to bring it here and see if you like it for AX.  :P

Offline Frostballe

Re: Votings (applied for other things)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 07:43:24 pm »
Not sure it's needed. When an admin ask players to /like or /dislike a new race to see the general opinion, only a few people actually do so. Out of 20 players maybe 6 or 5 of them make their opinion heard.

As for voting for restarts, kicks, mutes etc I think such actions should be up to the admins to execute. This might be a good suggestion if there was little or no admin presence on the server. But as far as I can see there is actually admins on at most hours of the day.

And just imagine all the /vote spam in the chat lol

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:52:53 pm by Frostballe »

Offline Enf

• firetruck say tinu ninu
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: en_field
Re: Votings (applied for other things)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:01:20 pm »
Out of 20 players maybe 6 or 5 of them make their opinion heard.

My point of view of this is that people who don't vote don't care about it, so they wouldn't be bothered to repeat it. I have 0 power here anyway hehe  :L.

This might be a good suggestion if there was little or no admin presence on the server. But as far as I can see there is actually admins on at most hours of the day.

Gotta agree with that. Thinking a bit more about it, maybe it could be more useful  with more people (>50), and not with the nowadays' player count.