General > Help & Resources

GTA SA Wheels Names and Pictures

<< < (2/4) > >>

S:
handling does change =)

MadMax:
Ye and this is probably best proof.
Even when Kart rims are so fat and wide, actual wheel size doesnt change. Btw wheels in SA are unsolid.
In addtion, GTA5 rims do not matter on performance (offroad rims only fix bug with lowered cars, when passing bumps and only for 10 -15 cars, not all) so I doubt 10 years ago game would have advanced wheel system either.

wangster:
yep handling changes the most but acceleration is different too in some cases

Meso:
Quoting from Wiki:

--- Quote ---The "Off-Road Wheels" mod is the only modification that changes the performance of a car in GTA San Andreas, excluding "Nitrous" which is situational and "Bass Boost" which doesn't change speed, handling or braking capabilities.
--- End quote ---
Quite interesting. To be honest, i  feel the difference only when drifting with Elegy, i feel it really different if compared to stock wheels...especially with nitro it is really grippy even if you drive at 60fps

MadMax:
Acceleration is same, depends on ping and random factor. Sometimes same car in SA gets better or worse acceleration, it happens. About handling. Only way to test it from objective point, is to do same test like SuperNova done with fps and turning radius.
Place car in certain point, turn left and accelerate. Then compare results and behaviour. All other ways seems to be too subjective to test.

EDIT: incoming video with test of all rims 3 times on road and shocking conclusion...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version