Author Topic: Car suggestions.  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Spy

Car suggestions.
« on: August 05, 2015, 06:33:57 pm »
Hello. So finally I gathered enough money that now I'm planning on getting a new car for myself. (yes a real life car u trolls) I don't have a pretty big budget.(around 8-9k usd). Would love advice from fellow experienced aX car enthusiasts. My options are currently (Indian market)
Honda jazz/fit -2015 version
Hyundai i20 elite
Volkswagen polo-gt
Dacia duster(sold as Renault duster here)
Toyota etios liva Gd
More suggestions welcome. 

Offline Troublemaker

Re: Car suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:24:22 pm »
German brands ftw. Out of those you listed up, Volkswagen is the best choice imo.

Offline FroosBlate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:29:18 pm »

Take Volkswagen- GT

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 09:29:03 pm »
check which one got cheaper spare parts and repairs

how long you wanna keep this car?

i would chose from i20 and honda jazz

dacia duster is crap, don't know toyota etios

vw is overrated nowdays and repairs/parts may cost a lot

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:21:48 pm »
vw is overrated nowdays and repairs/parts may cost a lot

This.

Japanese cars are reliable for the most part (mainly Toyota, Honda and Subaru), 2009+ Jazz is fine but don't get 2008 or earlier because those ones leak water into the car.

More important though is the condition of the car, make sure it has a full service history and analyse the car like this:

[youtube]3Tvgaix4jZ0[/youtube]

[youtube]tcMO1EV2z9M[/youtube]

[youtube]0NidjW_oM0Y[/youtube]

If you get any worrying feeling about a car, just walk away, a better one will always come another day.

Offline Spy

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:38:15 pm »
Absolutely agree with max. Volkswagen is indeed overrated, plus, car feels small for me(rest are better). I want a compact hatch, yet big enough.  Honda is good in services and spares here. Dont know about hyundai, never drove or had one. Any one of you prefer ford btw? I plan on keeping it for 3-4 years atleast.

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 12:24:38 am »
what engine capacity and few more specs

compact hatch cars are plenty of types and everyone should find something for them.

how about civic? isn't it like sportier honda jazz?

also renault got somehow better and now it's pretty fine to choose from.

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 01:01:06 am »
Depends what size you can afford. It will depend whether you go for i20 or i30, Yaris or Corolla, Jazz or Civic. Any car made in the last few years will be safe, so it depends on how big you want it to be or can afford. Maybe don't choose Tata  :L

I hear that Toyota is the most reliable, and even if something happens, parts are cheap.

Offline nero

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 07:44:59 am »
Even as a Volkswagen fan (and previously VW driver), I wouldn't recommend the Polo GT. People already said why, parts are expensive and you spend a lot of the money on the brand, not the actual quality of the car. Not good when budget is limited.

I would go for the Toyota Corolla, the brand is reliable and the car has been build in such great numbers that parts tend to be cheap and always available.

Also, don't let yourself get fooled into buying a small car (like the ones chosen by you) in a "sport configuration" like the Polo GT. Keep in mind that the manufacturers still have to make them cheap, so they mostly aren't that "sporty" or tend to have a high wearout. IMO it's better to have a basic running/reliable engine and some extras in the car (like AC, good radio system, good seats etc.) than a "fast" car with no extras/comfort at all.

(Side story: A friend of mine drove a modified Polo with large chrome rims and an after-market racing chassis suspension. Every trip above 5 km was a REAL pain in the ass. Literally.)

Edit: Also, if you have a "car friend" take him with you to look at the car. Or when having chosen one, bring it into a shop and let them make a check-up. There are a lot of scammers out there who sell cars with broken motor blocks or near-death transmissions.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:47:25 am by nero »

Offline Spy

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 02:01:21 pm »
Hi everyone.  Thanks for all your help   :-* Booked a Ford ecosport. Its compact yet an suv   8) Car is overwhelming.   >:D will upload pics soon as I get it in the car section  :) 8) :-*