Author Topic: How To Race Properly! [Guide]  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Skizion

• Keyboard warrior.
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: skizion
How To Race Properly! [Guide]
« on: March 31, 2015, 07:55:55 am »
We've all wondered how the more skilled does it. Some people accuse of hacks, but that's just gibberish. You've watched videos, spectated players, but I finally have the secret formula for racing. Skill and FPS [Frames Per Second.] Let's be honest, you're not gonna win a race with your old Windows 98 PC that gets error codes when you launch SAMP. Use this guide below to boost your FPS.

These mods I will post are completely legal in the terms of AdrenalineX, these mods /WILL/effect your current ENBs. I am not responsible for the damage you cause to your GTA SA directory, however post here and I will do the best of my ability to help you.

1. Let's start with the basics. Your PC can't handle the vast graphics of GTA, we've all lagged. Start by lowering your Resolution to the lowest possible. The options available depend on graphics card. To get to these settings, enter Adrenaline X (or any SAMP server/singleplayer) server and go to your pause menu. This can be accessed by going to "ESC". From there you'll want to go to Options -> Display Setup -> Advanced -> Resolution. Turn it to 800 x 600 x 32. You can go lower, but it'll look really horrible. Now don't leave that area yet, there is more work to do. Toggle the following settings:
Visual FX Quality: Low
Visual Distance: None
That's it for this area. Next area, 3rd Party Modifications

2.Be sure to backup all the files that you replace. Lets start by explaining the mods you'll be downloading.
Stream Memory Fix:When too many high-res textures are added to the game they disappear because there isn't enough memory to load them.
GTA Shrinker:Exactly what it says. It shrinks your GTA graphics down, and in memory size to make it easier to read by your computer.
Misc. Files:I honestly can't explain these. Rockstar is responsible for naming the files. However, I promise you it won't crash your game. I've been using this trick for about as long as I've been playing SAMP.

3.GTA Shrinker. A simple installation. This shouldn't be too difficult, however I'll walk you through it. Do not worry about it crashing your game, the program itself keeps a backup.http://www.mediafire.com/download/7m574rdv7sk6kv0/GTAShrinkerWin.exe There are no viruses, trust me. Start by downloading the executable file, and wait for it to open. Make sure your game is closed for this.

The developer was too lazy to install a browse button, so you'll have to do it manually. Go to your GTA SA folder typically named C:\[HardDiscDriveName]\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\ GTA SA. If you have it in another directory go to it. Now, where you see the names at, the address bar of your Windows, Copy it. See screenshot#1 Hit Shrink and you're all done. You'll notice a drastic difference in FPS.

4.Stream Memory Fix:This part of the tutorial is mostly copying and pasting. This won't be difficult at all. Download: http://goo.gl/9BHp4U Please, do not worry about it saying Euro. It works perfectly fine for me, and my gta_sa.exe is USA version. The only way the stream memory fix will work is if ASI Loader is installed. This is automatically installed by CLEO if you have it installed. Seriously what rock have you been living under if you've never heard of CLEO for GTA SA. :3 CLEO can be found here. http://cleo.li/cleo4/CLEO4_setup.exe Follow the installation instructions then you're finished. When the installation is finished, download Stream Memory Fix and place it in your *ROOT* of your GTA SA folder. Anywhere else will not work. Installing this is done.

5.EffectsPC.txd: Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k738sfuu6fboh63/effectsPC.txd Very simple installation, go to your GTA SA folder then to your models folder then extract the file there. This. "C:\\[HardDiskDrive]\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\" The file goes there, be sure to replace. Cannot be stated anymore clearer.

6.SA Timecyc (weather) Modificaton URL: http://goo.gl/muCYvB (Download the latest version) Same as above, but in a different destination of the file. The location should be "C:\\[HardDiskDrive]\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\" Move the file there, replace.

7. Clouds and Dust Remover <Title. Files are here. http://goo.gl/Qyf9ul Those files, besides the info.txt goes in to your models folder. That should be here "C:\\[HardDiskDrive]\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\" Note: If a dust storm is selected as the weather for a race, it will still appear like rain does.

That's it! Your GTA should be running at a much higher rate for those of us who own lower end Laptops *COUGH COUGH*[MAF]mooman*COUGH COUGH*

The next segment on driving will be on the next post.

Offline Skizion

• Keyboard warrior.
    • View Profile
Re: How To Race Properly! [Guide]
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 07:56:36 am »
*Reserved for next part of tutorial*

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 03:12:14 pm »
Ughh..There is this mod made by Deji called "Stream.ini Extender" and it was widened to reach SA-MP thanks to [MAF]Jur1iz. All it does is

Adjust frame delay
Adjust frame limit
Adjust the maximum counts of pedestrians
Adjust the maximum vehicles that appear
Edit the stencil shadow opacity
License Plate Filtering
Removes cull reflections
Removes black roads
Removes Motion Blur
Removes Specular Lightning
Removes Sound
Removes Colfx
Removes Flashes
Removes Heat haze
Removes Clouds
Removes Target Blip

I doubt that timecyc works on SA-MP because it uses it's own (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + Western Digital 320GB
Astone Enforcer Mid Tower Chassis

Offline xHaruhiSuzumiyax

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 03:13:51 pm »
timecyc is useable if you use a modified GTA_SA.exe

Offline Skizion

• Keyboard warrior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 03:29:52 pm »
Timecyc can be used in SAMP. People use this file to install high-end ENBs.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 04:03:24 pm »
What exactly do these files do and how are you so sure they do not affect the gameplay?

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 04:15:19 pm »
How about racing with default GTA SA without any mods? I'm pretty sure that's the best way, since you can get banned for using e.g. weather mods lol.

Offline razex

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 04:18:33 pm »
This isn't exactly a explaination how to drive properly, it's more a guide to get more fps.

Offline Queen|iPink

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Queen
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 04:31:35 pm »
How about racing with default GTA SA without any mods? I'm pretty sure that's the best way, since you can get banned for using e.g. weather mods lol.
Only if you are stupid enough to use mods such as rain and test them in /race when you know they are illegal here rofl.
It's ok to use all this stuff.  I downloaded mods for low end. pcs that change textures of clouds (obviously keeps dust, fog, rain so it wont affect on fps and give advantage to win against others) , makes textures low quality so it increases fps lol. It really helped me , i don't get stupid lag spikes out of nowhere, no fps drops too.

By the way I think someone already posted this kind of stuff in forum, nothing new said at all
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:36:02 pm by Lauu »

Offline Skizion

• Keyboard warrior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 05:57:34 pm »
It is NOT a weather hack. Rain still appears like everyone else GTA SA. Also Where the fuck do you see I said it removes rain?! You and I both know you have history with me because I beat your record and you accused of me of hacking. But I assure you, these mods are perfectly legal. I have been using these mods from the start. This really helps my PC handle San Andreas, as it cannot by default. Dust storms happen, rain appears. Just like everyone else, this does not effect your weather at all. This shrinks the quality of your objects in your game and optimizes it to make it easier to read by your computer. It is no different from "OptiFine" for Minecraft.

This isn't exactly a explaination how to drive properly, it's more a guide to get more fps.

Why did you think I reserved the second post? I put it there so I could have space for the next part. I spent over an hour on this topic.
What exactly do these files do and how are you so sure they do not affect the gameplay?
Because I found this on a forum and I thought I'd share this. I tested these files on another server before I even joined AX. Here is the url http://goo.gl/pbHyE1 Also Ush, the files that are being replaced in this tutorial cannot effect the speed of a car. Weather is still the same, I'll even post a video later.

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 09:27:48 pm »
It is NOT a weather hack. Rain still appears like everyone else GTA SA. Also Where the fuck do you see I said it removes rain?! You and I both know you have history with me because I beat your record and you accused of me of hacking. But I assure you, these mods are perfectly legal. I have been using these mods from the start. This really helps my PC handle San Andreas, as it cannot by default. Dust storms happen, rain appears. Just like everyone else, this does not effect your weather at all. This shrinks the quality of your objects in your game and optimizes it to make it easier to read by your computer. It is no different from "OptiFine" for Minecraft.

I didn't mean to start any type of beef, just wanted to say that, in my opinion, it's the best not to mess with any mods, and I'm telling this cause of my own bad experience. Regarding to our "history", I still claim that your top1 on that race is questionable. How come that I couldn't manage to set it after hundreds of hours of whoring, and you did it after just a few attempts? But let's not go offtopic, like you said, it's history and I don't care about it anymore. Nice tutorial tho, will be helpful for newbies.