Author Topic: AX IN GTA5  (Read 3485 times)

Offline [FSR]Woohoo

AX IN GTA5
« on: February 13, 2015, 04:23:11 pm »
Hey guys,what do you think ax will be in gta5 some day?

Offline Troublemaker

Re: AX IN GTA5
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 05:32:11 pm »
If they release it for PC finally, maybe it will be :P

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 06:37:02 pm »
Unfortunately I'm not around as much (almost none!) now that I have a full time job, but I would be very happy to help code AdrenalineX for V:MP or MTA:V when the time comes.  :D

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 06:52:13 pm »
cracked launch for online server mmhhh
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:14:21 pm by Scorpion. »

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 12:50:10 am »
can we try to play racing from RGSC? lol
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + Western Digital 320GB
Astone Enforcer Mid Tower Chassis

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 10:07:43 am »

We can try but GTA:O's interface really sucks. I mean it really sucks. Everything is so slow, you spend most of your time sitting in lobbies, lobbies can't be made properly private (you always get random people walking in) and the interface is generally fiddly.

Hopefully they'll overhaul it for PC, but I doubt it very much.

To experience anything even close to AX we will have to wait for a 3rd party multiplayer mod.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 10:44:49 am »
Unfortunately I'm not around as much (almost none!) now that I have a full time job

Sucks to be us :L

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 04:31:34 am »

We can try but GTA:O's interface really sucks. I mean it really sucks. Everything is so slow, you spend most of your time sitting in lobbies, lobbies can't be made properly private (you always get random people walking in) and the interface is generally fiddly.

Hopefully they'll overhaul it for PC, but I doubt it very much.

To experience anything even close to AX we will have to wait for a 3rd party multiplayer mod.

Seems right..But my PC aint running the game lol
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + Western Digital 320GB
Astone Enforcer Mid Tower Chassis

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 12:54:28 pm »
What are your opinions on performance mods?

Personally I am not a big fan of modifying GTAV's cars' engines because they ruin the feel of the car, one of the best things about AdrenalineX is that we don't care how fast the car goes: we even race trucks and utility vehicles (whereas everyone starts moaning in GTA:O if you choose anything other than 'Super' or 'Sport'  ::)). We could have some races which allow performance mods, but only a few.

I am a fan of the cosmetic personalisation, and although they do affect handling it would be good to give people a choice of wheels and suspensions:

Suspensions do affect handling but it is a trade-off: a lower car does not roll, but it handles bumps less well.

Wheels do not affect grip or handling, but it has been proven by NODO that off-road tyres jump over kerbs better (so we may want to restrict wheel type at the choice of the author, e.g. "In this race you are only allowed muscle wheels").

As for car choices, I think today's SA:MP AX offers the best balance: everyone racing the same car, or two evenly-matched cars, or SK race. GTA:O is way too restricted in its car choices because although you can choose classes, every class has one or two obvious leaders making all the other cars go to waste.

I think it would be great if we saved preferences to a database so each person can customise their car to their liking. That way you can choose "This is what I want my Banshee to look like when I do a Banshee race" and the game will load that preference for you. Maybe we could have a /garage world where people can go and configure their builds.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:02:15 pm by [MAF]Epoxi »