Author Topic: Gum [UNBANNED]  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Gum

• View Profile
  • In-game name: Gum
Gum [UNBANNED]
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:28:30 pm »
IP address at time of banning (you don't need to include the last section eg. for 123.123.123.123 you can post your IP as 123.123.123.XXX). If you don't know your IP go to http://whatismyip.com and it should tell you the right one unless you access the internet via a proxy

Admin who banned you

[MAF]mourad

Reason given by the admin for your banning

"ban evading"

Reason(s) why we should unban you

Okay, I've been playing samp for 4 years, and I've been banned before (not many times but still), and THIS has been the most shocking ban ever.
So, I go around in a race, and I fall into the water. Then, I say in the chat that I'm disappointed. mourad asks me why am I disappointed, and I told him I'm disappointed because I fell into the water. Then, about 10 seconds later, mourad says:

"You know what disappoints me, Gum?"

"That you're a ban evader"

And that's when he bans me, OUT OF NOWHERE.

Now look, I don't remember being banned in this server, EVER.
Also, I've played many times before this session, I play once in a few weeks or so, I don't know.
You know what, even if I have been banned, a long time ago, and I don't remember it, I would really like to know what I was banned for, because THIS wasn't ban evading, as I didn't know I was ban evading! What I do know is that my IP changes from time to time, on it's own, but it never caused me trouble, anywhere. I know it sounds like a very lame excuse, and you probably get that excuse from every second 10 year old around here, but this is not the case.

Just think about it this way, why would I put all the effort of registering this website, reading the unban format and typing all the above? Just for a server I play in once in a life time? YES. I do play that in large differences of time, and I still enjoy it alot when I do. So yeah, I did put all this effort, and if I really was "guilty", I would just be like "meh, I'm just gonna wait until my IP changes again.."

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:51:14 am by [MAF]Cthulhu »

Offline Gum

• View Profile
  • In-game name: Gum
Re: Gum
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:10:09 am »
Excuse me, I've been waiting patiently for a reply to my unban request. It's been 2 days and still no one has replied, and now when I see that another guy made an appeal yesterday and already got replies, I fail to understand what's the problem, did I do anything wrong?

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
Re: Gum
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 09:50:53 am »
This is a problem with countries where almost everyone has the same IP range. We've had a lot of ban evaders with 79.181.*.* before, that's why mourad thought you were one. I don't remember anyone posting a request before though, and your seems quite genuine so I'm gonna unban you for now. Sorry it took us a bit longer to respond.