Author Topic: ROUND 5  (Read 11659 times)

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
ROUND 5
« on: July 10, 2014, 01:04:46 pm »

It's Sentinel time for round 5!

I'll admit I was pretty distracted while I was making this, hope it turned out ok lol.

Round will last for 2 days give or take a few hours, you impatient fucks.

Good luck!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: ROUND 5
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:10:14 pm »

I'll admit I was pretty distracted while I was making this, hope it turned out ok lol.

god help us all :L

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:42:18 pm »
this round is so exciting

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 01:53:27 pm »

Round will last for 2 days give or take a few hours, you impatient fucks.

hehe, owned :L

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline Uitblinker

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:19:14 pm »
Seriously, I don't want to complain all the time (I don't like complaining) but it seems that I was very unlucky today (again!). I went into the water, tried to use /sos but it didn't work. Since I compete with ... (Ouzo?) in this round, I didn't care about my time and just felt like giving up my first try by typing /exit. But I was completely astonished when I found out that there was no such second try after I typed /exit. It seems that there are two tries but not when you type /exit. Is there any logic behind that? Also why can't we use /sos? The previous round was a disaster for me as well. I failed at the part where you had to ride on a slope but I got disqualified because I was trying to speed up a bit to ride on the slope again. Once more, where's the logic? Can someone explain me why you can't use /sos, you get disqualified if you fail at a difficult part and why /exit removes the opportunity for a second try?

Edit: I believe I didn't do /exit but /race but that doesn't really change the story
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:34:17 pm by Uitblinker »

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 03:42:51 pm »
Typing /race to get a second chance at the tourney is like typing /stunt to get a second chance at a normal race. Where is your logic?

To prevent people form practising during their tourney run (yes, people did this), we had to implement a code so that, if you venture too far from the next CP you get disqualified. Unfortunately this doesn't work too well with /sos, but its a decision we had to make. Sorry I didn't explain this at the start, I assumed people were familiar with the tourney mode already.

Offline Uitblinker

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 04:01:15 pm »
Right thanks for explaining so far but
Typing /race to get a second chance at the tourney is like typing /stunt to get a second chance at a normal race. Where is your logic?
I don't see your logic or either you don't see mine.

Normally if you finish the round you get a second try. If you don't finish your first try (for instance by manually exiting or for instance a bad internet connection) you don't get a second try. That sounds unfair, doesn't it?

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 05:14:01 pm »
Exiting tourney mode to get a second chance at tourney mode makes no sense.

Offline Uitblinker

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 06:08:14 pm »
I'm trying to understand the situation right now. You should do the same and stop automatically defending it. Your arguments simply make no sense (sorry if this is offensive). If you performed so badly at your first try and you don't bother finishing the race anymore, you should deserve a second try as usual.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 07:15:14 pm »
it makes perfect sense, you won't get second try unless it is right after first one, to prevent practice.

Offline Uitblinker

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 08:57:21 pm »
The first try is used to get a good time but also to learn from the track and to practise a bit for the second attempt. Somehow, everyone (un)knowingly practises. That cannot be denied or disallowed. I'm confused but forget about it (again), it seems that you will never agree on this.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 08:58:29 pm »
All I need to say is, MikeGT.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:53 am »
Yes, the first attempt is a practice run basically, but the code stops you from not going through the last CP, going back to the start and practicing again in the first run. People have done that do it was necessary.

Come on man, when in life so you exit something to get a second chance??? Even if you think this is logical, you would have to enter /tourney again, which you know you can't do because the runs have to be back to back to prevent practicing. If you can't understand that, I feel bad for you.

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 01:49:11 am »
my game got crash when i started the race, can i have /tourney again?

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 04:39:57 am »
No, I said at the start of this tourney no second chances for anybody.