Author Topic: Confused About Proccessors while trying to buy a new PC  (Read 3125 times)

Offline [FSR]Ali

Confused About Proccessors while trying to buy a new PC
« on: July 04, 2014, 04:56:49 pm »
Hello guys! I'm busy this summer preparing for university and stuff and i guess this is what's keeping me off AX For a while.

So, I'm trying to buy a new laptop, with a 590$ . I'm looking for a swift, light nice looking laptop that would not give me hardtimes. I'm willing to use this laptop mostly for school and also a little bit gaming.

So Basically I Found this HP Pavilion 15 Laptop that i found acceptable . I Found 2 HP Pavilion Laptops that the only deference between them is the Processor

The first one (HP Pavilion 15-D000SJ)

Has a Intel® Core™ i3-3110M Processor 2.40GHz

The Second one and the one i'm willing to buy (HP Pavilion 15-D009EJ )

Has a Intel® Pentium® Quad Core Processor N3510 (2M Cache, 2.00 GHz)

Now my first question is is the deference between the processors is big?

my second question do you suggest any other laptops that i can like?

Thanks in advance guys! :D

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: Confused About Proccessors while trying to buy a new PC
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 07:38:12 pm »
I'd go with the quad core personally, suppose it depends how much work you do. It could benefit you in the long run mate

Although you'd probably be better off going for an AMD APU setup, fast quad core with fast built in graphics is a win

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:44:58 pm »
I'd go with the quad core personally, suppose it depends how much work you do. It could benefit you in the long run mate

Although you'd probably be better off going for an AMD APU setup, fast quad core with fast built in graphics is a win

That was really helpful! Thanks a lot bro! :D

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:54:38 pm »
karlis will probably be better for you, prices and stuff :D

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:35:03 pm »
karlis will probably be better for you, prices and stuff :D

where you at Karlis?

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 10:35:07 pm »
If you buying laptop with pre-installed Windows 7/8 AMD doesn't look bad at all. But if laptop comes with Ubuntu(Linux) or without any i would pass that offer.

Often machines with APU integration makes a lot problems to end users when they are about to install drivers, also boot time and speed in general looks crap. Many customers comes with question what they are did bad cause machine doesn't work proper with 2/4 cores processor and 4GB(or more) of ram memory...

With Intel models never heard any even with Celeron models.

i3-3110M is faster than N3510 but also battery life is shorter.

If you looking performance i3 is better, if you need 3 or more hours usage without charging of battery N3510 is what you need.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:40:29 pm by [LSR]Jalicno »

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »
If you buying laptop with pre-installed Windows 7/8 AMD doesn't look bad at all. But if laptop comes with Ubuntu(Linux) or without any i would pass that offer.

Often machines with APU integration makes a lot problems to end users when they are about to install drivers, also boot time and speed in general looks crap. Many customers comes with question what they are did bad cause machine doesn't work proper with 2/4 cores processor and 4GB(or more) of ram memory...

With Intel models never heard any even with Celeron models.

i3-3110M is faster than N3510 but also battery life is shorter.

If you looking performance i3 is better, if you need 3 or more hours usage without charging of battery N3510 is what you need.

Woah That was really helpful Jali, Thanks a lot! :D

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 09:17:49 am »
i won't touch prices as they are different everywhere, but what jali said about dual core being faster, is very arguable. old games and applications, that can use just one core will be slightly slower with the quad, but new ones, which require more performance and use all cores, will be way faster.

Offline 3DSexVilla

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 03:32:22 pm »
Very helpful guys! Thanks to you i finally got my mind set up! :D Appreciate your help! thank you all!