Author Topic: ROUND 1  (Read 16393 times)

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
Re: ROUND 1
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 08:42:34 pm »
possibly lag +script failure

track is badly made coz it repeats few parts, anti-backtracking script could go crazy with a little lag spike and read part of race as backtracking it

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline Sonetto_

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 08:52:42 pm »
damn notebook, well, i think i dont have a second chance, but if it happens again to someone we know why... (and my first time sucks)

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 09:10:22 pm »
possibly lag +script failure

track is badly made coz it repeats few parts, anti-backtracking script could go crazy with a little lag spike and read part of race as backtracking it
a race with repeating parts could cause a false negative for the anti-backtrack script but not a false positive
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 09:19:36 pm »
well, i dont know that script, just 1st thing i could think of

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 02:46:23 am »
I could change to 2 days in a couple of rounds, but for now lets let everyone get in the hang of doing this thing.

Backtracking shouldn't matter as it only judges according to the CP you are on and the next CP, I think.

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 03:23:57 am »
i'm a bit confused by the fact there are 10 rounds but only 8 races

Offline FrancyR7

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 05:16:51 am »
i was in my 2nd try and then i get this message: '' You have been disqualified for trying to practice''
what is this? i am playing in my notebook, dont have a good fps, i finished my first try, start the other and after a few seconds this happens... weird lol. i didnt played the practice round....

Same problem... 2nd try i was in the first corner when this ''msg'' appear...

[01:09:26] [TOURNEY] FrancyR7 finalizó Tourney6_Round1 en 4:21:721 (Intento: 1)

[01:09:26] [TOURNEY] Starting second try..

[01:09:28] [TOURNEY] Tourney6_Round1 por [MAF]Vertigo   (7.3 Millas) {FFFF00}4:10.010 by [LSR]miko.exe

[01:10:01] [TOURNEY] You have been disqualified for trying to practice

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 08:16:09 am »

There are 5 people in each group. Because of the uneven numbers, only 4 people can play each other every round. Therefore you are the odd one out every 5 rounds and you don't 'race' against someone. Does that make sense?

i was in my 2nd try and then i get this message: '' You have been disqualified for trying to practice''
what is this? i am playing in my notebook, dont have a good fps, i finished my first try, start the other and after a few seconds this happens... weird lol. i didnt played the practice round....

[01:09:28] [TOURNEY] Tourney6_Round1 por [MAF]Vertigo   (7.3 Millas) {FFFF00}4:10.010 by [LSR]miko.exe

If you venture too far from the next CP, you will get this message. It is to stop people practising in their run to get a better time. I have one of, if not the highest pings on the server, so if it works for me, it must work for at least 95% of the server.

Offline FrancyR7

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 08:32:17 am »

There are 5 people in each group. Because of the uneven numbers, only 4 people can play each other every round. Therefore you are the odd one out every 5 rounds and you don't 'race' against someone. Does that make sense?

If you venture too far from the next CP, you will get this message. It is to stop people practising in their run to get a better time. I have one of, if not the highest pings on the server, so if it works for me, it must work for at least 95% of the server.

if you read the message from bright... he had exactly the same problem as me and for that bug i ''lost'' my second try.

Edited:(my ping ig 270 - 315)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:34:56 am by FrancyR7 »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 09:03:49 am »
Gornal vs Ush.

easy

I think you may just beat me xD

Almost.. except for 1 huge crash  :L

Offline Sonetto_

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 10:06:47 am »
Its a lag problem, good thing is i dont play round 2, more time  to fix my computer and internet, so this dont happens again

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 05:08:50 pm »

ah alright i get it, in that case can you remove me from the next 2 rounds cos i won't be able to take part in them or does it not work like that.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 06:42:14 pm »
Check the Tourney 6 - Group stage thread mooman put up. The far left column is the round, the next column is the group. Find you group, and if your name is in that round, you are playing for points. If not, it is one of the two rounds you aren't playing for points. It should be easy enough to understand if you look at that table.

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 08:51:02 pm »
yeah i see how it works but i'm set for round 2 and 3 but i won't be able to make them (assuming round 2 starts on thursday) cos i'm away from thursday - monday so i'm wondering if it's possible to change me in those 2 rounds for someone who will be able to race them.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 04:01:19 am »
If you told me before I possibly could have changed it around, but mooman's code is set in stone atm so don't think he could change it. Either way, you should still be able to get through to the next round if you only miss 2 rounds.