Author Topic: Few Suggestions - including No-tapping motorcycle mode!  (Read 20968 times)

Offline [2F2F]PK

Few Suggestions - including No-tapping motorcycle mode!
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:22:34 am »
1. /ejecttop id (or something like that)

This command would work same as /eject which is for players inside vehicle.I'm totally fine when someone gets in my car but when there is 4-5 of them on it's painful. Also jumping on the bikes, driver can't really see in front especially when the player stands.

Only problem might be is abusing that command , so rather possible to use the command only when the players are on your car.

2. /loadconfig in SK

Simple as that, you get in the car which you chose and type that command and loads the tune you saved. I think it would be cool to also see it in SK race not only in normal races.

3. NoTapping mode

That would be a mode which disables tapping on bikes for abusing the speed bike can actually reach or jails the one doing it. I think many agree racing would be much funnier like that. Would also give newbies a chance to win some races.

Now to this thing, i think the problem would be straightening up the bike in air. If it's possible to be only enabled when the bike is in the air +/- 2-3 meters above the ground. Contact with ground = no more tapping.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:50:19 pm by MadMax »

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
Re: Few Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:37:41 pm »
last one would be rather impossible to execute riight

you can use defined top speeds (140 for freeway/wayfarer/sanchez, 150 bf-400, cop bike 160 sport bikes, and 175 nrg) but they would easly beat these speeds when for example driving downhill, so thats little hard

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 06:34:10 pm »
i like all of them, but 3rd is pretty much impossible to do in sa-mp.

Offline [2F2F]PK

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 09:40:34 pm »
Ok i crossed the tapping idea since it's not possible.

Offline miko

• View Profile
  • In-game name: miko
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 09:49:32 pm »

This command would work same as /eject which is for players inside vehicle.I'm totally fine when someone gets in my car but when there is 4-5 of them on it's painful. Also jumping on the bikes, driver can't really see in front especially when the player stands.

Only problem might be is abusing that command , so rather possible to use the command only when the players are on your car.

kinda like the idea

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:51:41 pm by miko »

Offline Terrabyte

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:32:36 pm »
Maybe its possible that you get freezed when you try to tap? Or is that also impossible?

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 11:12:08 pm »
it might be, but then you wouldn't be able to use it to turn in air too(I've done in-air tests, they never work really accurately)

Offline [AK47]skunk

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • AK47
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 08:47:48 am »
How about putting invisible bot as passenger?

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 09:46:06 am »
SK should be kept the original way like it was in 2006 and like it was intended in 2009. Even split time shouldn't be included.

If you want tuning, make the most of your money and go to a modshop..

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 09:49:43 am »
clever idea, but in samp there are no controlable bots, nor are they invisible.

Even split time shouldn't be included.
Apart from being as close to 2006 as possible, there is no reason to not include it.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 09:55:17 am »
Then it becomes too much like normal mode, which is silly because it should be separated with different features. What next /vr and /f? :L

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 03:30:32 pm »
The difference is that you start on foot and have to pick/maintain your own vehicle, there is no need to inflate the difference by setting arbitrary limits, especially something that is purely informational. But modding with command is more arguable, it could look out of place and is kind of useless anyway. I don't use the modding at all, so I'm not sure.

Offline [2F2F]PK

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 05:22:33 pm »
The difference is that you start on foot and have to pick/maintain your own vehicle, there is no need to inflate the difference by setting arbitrary limits, especially something that is purely informational. But modding with command is more arguable, it could look out of place and is kind of useless anyway. I don't use the modding at all, so I'm not sure.
Yeah i agree, so maybe then adding only the first suggestion?  I think it would be useful.

Offline b00tsyou

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 07:28:46 pm »

in my case , i drive with a  the analogic pad of a joypad PS2 : just need to push a bit the pad to get the speed position - no tapping here - how would you detect me?

Offline Queen|iPink

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Queen
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 01:36:41 pm »
Just make cps in SK races take-able  for those who are driving sth. Same system like truck races where you can take cps with trailer only. They will be on foot so cp wont count

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 01:53:16 pm »
Just make cps in SK races take-able  for those who are driving sth. Same system like truck races where you can take cps with trailer only. They will be on foot so cp wont count

Can't, we also have parkour races.. which are SK.

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 04:18:40 pm »
and trains

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
Non-tapping motorcycle races mode!
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 12:36:53 am »
Together with TNK and Cyco, we found out that when using animations on bike, tapping doesn't work.
We spend some time to find bike riding animation ID and came up with idea to suggest a mode where You cant tap in bike races.

How would it work?
Mode detects when player is on motorcycle and forces him to use animation (/a 1311)
Animation looks like normal sitting on bike, but can't tap arrows for speeding up.
Try in /stunt, spawn NRG-500 or any other bike, get on it, and type /a 1311 0, this way Your skin will look like sitting on bike, but tapping wont work.

What Ya think about non-tapping moto races? Could be fun!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:49:29 am by MadMax »

Offline Terrorfist

Re: Non-tapping motorcycle races mode!
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 04:35:31 am »
Yes...Slow paced motorcycle racing is fun  :L

Please...No.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + Western Digital 320GB
Astone Enforcer Mid Tower Chassis

Offline Ivan.

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 07:26:05 am »
Yes and no.

Yes because finally tapping is not a "hack" anymore

No because bikes suck

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 09:04:55 am »
Would be a great idea, definitely a good chance to beat Pain, pajko and EG.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 09:49:39 am »
driving bikes is already very easy, this seems unnecessary

Offline [2F2F]alex

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 10:43:42 am »
i would welcome it with open arms

good for people who suck at bikes, myself included

Offline [FSR]cyco

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 12:58:03 pm »
I'm a bit struggle with this thing. To be honest, when i started playing SAMP i really hated that tapping-speedup. But, after a bit of practice, i started to appreciate it. And at this point i could no longer do without it imho. Also there would be another problem with different races, which require a certain speed to make jumps properly.
Anyway, why don't create appropriate bikes races without that feature? Just like some races that have the nitro, and others do not. Ride some races without tapping can be more fair in some situation (where big jumps are not required, for example...).

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:04:18 pm by [FSR]cyco »

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 01:08:29 pm »
It really takes good masturbating skills :L to tap the bike to pick up speed (Yes. There's a difference in the maximum speed between tapping slower and tapping faster)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM

Offline Queen|iPink

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Queen
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 01:12:54 pm »
It really takes good masturbating skills :L to tap the bike to pick up speed (Yes. There's a difference in the maximum speed between tapping slower and tapping faster)

What do you masturbate with ONE single finger? A barbie doll?

Offline Enf

• firetruck say tinu ninu
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: en_field
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 03:01:46 pm »
I'm up for this since tapping doesn't work in curves, and timing curves is imo the most important part of the thing, as we all can tap really fast. Even further, for me this would be a better (and more realistic) racing mode, making me think that the normal mode (with tapping) is useless: an hyperactive guy could tap it faster than us, but he might crash in the first curve. Nevertheless, I still think that races with tapping could be fun for drags and so.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:09:37 pm by FuzzyHair »

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 03:36:11 pm »
I would like useless 'elimination' mode to be replaced with this 'no-tapping'...
In addition, /a 1311 0, doesnt affect car drivers. so we could finally make CARS VS BIKES race, where all is fine.

Offline SuperJames

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 04:26:35 pm »
Nice ideas!!!!! You want to change the game because you can't handle it.

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 04:26:51 pm »
+1, I'm too used to drive with the mouse and also the main reason I hate bike races is because of the annoying tapping.

I'd even be happy if this mode was applied to every bike race there is. (I guess you could still tap in SKs lol)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 05:19:39 pm »
I'm with Anus, adding non tapping to every bike race would be good lol. But also as a mode would still be good

Offline Enf

• firetruck say tinu ninu
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: en_field
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 06:38:31 pm »
adding non tapping to every bike race would be good lol.
You mean having the choice of being able to tap or not in all races? If that's the case it would be unfair in straight lanes :P.

What I'd do is leave all the races as they're now, and just start using this new non-tapable feature since it's applied (I don't even know if it will be xd). Anyway it's only a proposal  (A).

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 06:45:28 pm »
No, having no choice XD

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Few Suggestions - including No-tapping motorcycle mode!
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 06:46:44 pm »
Nice ideas!!!!! You want to change the game because you can't handle it.

Not me, check some past. This was suggested long time ago, even few tests done, but without good results. Idea itself had rather enthusiastic welcome. Now, we just found way to make it actually happen. Instead complains or yells, try to find some solutions for problems from past.

2. /loadconfig in SK

Simple as that, you get in the car which you chose and type that command and loads the tune you saved. I think it would be cool to also see it in SK race not only in normal races.

3. NoTapping mode

That would be a mode which disables tapping on bikes for abusing the speed bike can actually reach or jails the one doing it. I think many agree racing would be much funnier like that. Would also give newbies a chance to win some races.

Now to this thing, i think the problem would be straightening up the bike in air. If it's possible to be only enabled when the bike is in the air +/- 2-3 meters above the ground. Contact with ground = no more tapping.

clever idea, but in samp there are no controlable bots, nor are they invisible.
It was already suggested but at that time we had no solution. This time we can try and make it happen.

EDIT: Merged with topic where orginal suggestion came from.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:57:55 pm by MadMax »

Offline Metta_Neo

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2016, 10:06:31 pm »
I disagree with that no-tapping racing mode on bikes, I think should be better make an auto-tapping mode that enables with only pressing a button, should be almost the same thing that adding a non-tapping mode because you would also be able to use your mouse to move the camera but in this case the bike's top speed and aceleration wouldn't be reduced.

Thanks for your attention.

Offline Terrorfist

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 05:21:19 am »
SA-MP's poor coding will make this suggestion a dream  :L I still like it though, this game is more broke than me
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3L
6GB DDR2 RAM