Author Topic: RE: Streaks  (Read 7762 times)

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
RE: Streaks
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:11:11 pm »
i think the playercount for streaks should be done at the start of the race rather than at the end because often the races will start with 10+ players but by the end of the race, people enter /tv or /tt or w/e, it just makes more sense to do the count at the start.

also maybe have it so streaks can go on with fewer than 10 players if you get a top1 - 10.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Streaks
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:27:27 pm »
how does it make more sense? you end up racing less than 10 people and get an easier streak

Offline Uitblinker

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 06:55:14 pm »
Kind of difficult dilemma. You could argue that people leave for /tt or because the race is too long while you actually did a good job there (or people don't allow you to have a streak :P). Alternatively, one could say that in case there are less than 10 players in the end (while there were 10 at the start), it wasn't a tough race any way because there were a few players racing. I'm neutral.

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 07:58:52 pm »
I rarely have chances for streak, so I don't care  :L

Offline Skream!

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:52:52 pm »
+1

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 09:39:26 pm »
how does it make more sense? you end up racing less than 10 people and get an easier streak

I rarely have chances for streak, so I don't care  :L

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 12:47:27 am »

the reason it ends up less than 10 is because those people crashed/got bored or something, most people with a chance of winning won't quit or enter /tt or something so they won't actually have an impact on the winner of the race meaning that if they leave, the winner shouldn't suffer. earlier today (yesterday if you're gonna be that guy) i started a race with 15 people, by the time it was finished there was about 8, then in the next race it was back up to 15+, people leave racemode when they fail or have no chance of doing well, so the person who is on the streak shouldn't be the one who suffers.

this way makes much more sense because it works in the opposite way too, say if you start a race and only 8 people are in racemode and suddenly more people join half way through, those newcomers have no chance of winning but they still allow you to continue your streak.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:48:49 am by Mute. »

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 03:12:03 am »
i agree with these points; this feature will be added soon.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 03:17:57 am »
Can't disagree with that.

Definitely gonna kick the entire server after the start of every race for some streaks now  :L

Offline Terrabyte

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 10:56:59 am »
earlier today (yesterday if you're gonna be that guy) i started a race with 15 people, by the time it was finished there was about 8, then in the next race it was back up to 15+, people leave racemode when they fail or have no chance of doing well
Even the "pros" do it, I never understand this. Just stupid imo. But yes would be a nice feature.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 11:05:52 am »
Some race for fun, others race for top 1s. I race for fun, always have and always will.

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 01:07:12 am »
i agree with these points; this feature will be added soon.

bump bump bump

Offline Wadeon

• Admin
  • Level 2 Administrator.
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [RTF]Wadeon
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 04:15:24 pm »
Don't bump it Mute. Those things take time.. 2 more years to go.
"Average person dies at 25 but is buried at 75.
Do not go where the path may lead,
but go where is no path, and leave a trail."