Author Topic: 806-SK  (Read 20041 times)

Offline Rocco92

806-SK
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:37:17 pm »
A fantastic admin, his name is [MAF]Beer, deleted a very good race. 806-SK.
Code: [Select]
[21:12:47] [SRS]_Genius [28]:{ffffff} and cake
[21:12:51] [SRS]_Genius [28]:{ffffff} build sk 3-4 hours
[21:12:55] [SRS]_Genius [28]:{ffffff} and beer delete

Only 1 command, and an admin deleted a race, Good Job.

Now I would like to ask you, delete all long races.
Autismuth-SK
Berkut-SK
Causing_Trouble_SK
Cinema_SK
FASTCAKE-SK
Favourite_SK
Industrial_SK
Knockout_SK
Long2_SK
Long4_SK
Long_SK
Mangiamilepalle_SK
SA_State_of_Mind_SK
Sarma_SK
Short-SK
Subaru-Long_SK
Subaru_crazy_long_sk
The_drug_trip_SK
Tour-SK
Trainless_SK
Zups_SK
ZurrieqUnited_Hates_Long-SK
PartySK

These are only SK's and longer than 10 mins. Delet SK's, because some admins dont like SK's and fuck the map maker's race only with 1 command :D
And Delete all race what is longer than 10 mins, because some admins dont like long races... + iv's too.

This is my suggestion.

Offline Troublemaker

Re: 806-SK
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:39:10 pm »
This SK is awesome, why the fuck did you delete it, Beer?  :(

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:40:39 pm »
imagine when you come online to play and relax and 40 minutes long SK is on and there is still 20 minutes left..
that's just "ugh no."

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 07:45:56 pm »
he should've thought better

Offline Rocco92

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 07:47:56 pm »
When I join late, then I just start to race.. I know I cant win, but I can practice. Imagine you practice without chance to win. :o

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 07:51:24 pm »
I don't need to practice. (spin)
I also should mention there was nothing wrong with the race itself, it's just way too long. Also it's quite a server killer, there were only 7 people online, and just 4 or 5 of them were racing if I remember correctly.

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 08:00:07 pm »
You are the first person I see that has a problem with this SK, actually with its duration. So what if it's 35 min. long? It gets played once in 2 months, and there are people who really like this SK, including me. After all shit IVs and short SKs that deserve to be deleted rather than this one, you decided to delete this just because of its duration, even though you have no complains (and why should you) about the structure of it? Really nice lol.

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 08:07:37 pm »
I can't believe there's so much fuss about one SK race... seriously. Me and Epicnoob agreed the race length was too much, so now it's deleted. Get over it.
Btw, it's NOT deleted forever. It can be loaded anytime from storage.

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:19:55 pm »
Whatever... I still think you shouldn't have done it, firstly because of players who like it, and the second - it's unique and very well made (cake's masterpiece).

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »
I still think you shouldn't have done it, firstly because of players who like it
Hard to say when the rating of that race was something around 27 likes and 26 dislikes.

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 08:29:12 pm »
I still think you shouldn't have done it, firstly because of players who like it
Hard to say when the rating of that race was something around 27 likes and 26 dislikes.

But what about races with 70-80% of dislikes that are still in race mode?

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 08:30:11 pm »
I don't think two admins can effectively judge whether a race deserves to be deleted or not when enough people like it. Like troublemaker said there are lots of races with 75%+ dislikes that were made without effort or dedication, and they don't get deleted for whatever reason (3 minutes of bad doesn't bother as much as 30 minutes I guess). You do a great job deleting bad races Cthulhu, but this was a bit uncalled for. I admit the race is not perfect and there are some flaws, but it doesn't get played nearly as much as all the other terrible races on the server. You joined in the middle of it, unlucky, but I don't see you deleting any endurance races or longer tourney rounds when you join late. Long SKs kind of became a part of AX over the past year, so I'm having trouble understanding this decision.

Offline Rocco92

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 08:50:09 pm »

Sometimes it's hard, because lots of newbies vote dislike, because they cant finish it, but right.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 09:03:12 pm »
i wasn't there myself and i have never played the race, so i don't have a strong opinion on this case, but, personally, i don't think that time should be a mayor factor that could make a race be deleted.

however, there is another point to this:
would you rather play a 50 second, 2 minute or 20minute "meh"/bad race?
that is why long races should be unique, fun and exciting, otherwise its quite literally a waste of time.
so, the longer the race is, the harsher it should be judged.

I don't think two admins can effectively judge whether a race deserves to be deleted or not when enough people like it.
i agree, but there is not a lot of alternatives to that, and player ratings are still an order of magnitude less objective than this.
this might sound controversial, but players themselves do not know what they want - they will vote in favor for an infernus/nrg highway race, because it's easier, but ultimately they will get bored of racing quicker.

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 09:04:43 pm »

have a race useless that is a straight line and no one delete it  >:(