Author Topic: Discussion thread  (Read 14959 times)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion thread
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2014, 07:33:14 pm »
I like it

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 08:14:51 pm »
Just updated to it now. I like it a lot. Same can't be said for the recent Facebook update tho, I finally got it... ugh!

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2014, 09:30:33 pm »
look at some latvian sites like apollo.lv or inbox.lv and you may have a second thought.
i just tested it, for me the speed up is like 2 seconds on ad heavy site, but you get much smoother and nicer experience.
can ads be any bigger?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20689087/screens/inbox.png

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »
look at some latvian sites like apollo.lv or inbox.lv and you may have a second thought.
i just tested it, for me the speed up is like 2 seconds on ad heavy site, but you get much smoother and nicer experience.
can ads be any bigger?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20689087/screens/inbox.png
yeah lol, they even send spam themselves.

fortunately i have their mail box forwarded to gmail with nice interface and spam filter (which caught all of their promoted ads :L).
at the same time, i'm slowly switching to gmail as a main mail, too.

Offline nero

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2014, 01:11:02 pm »
Is GMail any good?

I like the interface and the service itself, but I'm kinda pissed of at all this "In order to use [insert Google service ] you have to register for [insert other Google service]"-bullshit that is happening with Youtube/Google+ and I don't want to repeat this again.

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2014, 01:32:05 pm »
Is GMail any good?

Yes, using it for years. inbox.lv is just my secondary email

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2014, 02:25:06 pm »
Is GMail any good?

I like the interface and the service itself, but I'm kinda pissed of at all this "In order to use [insert Google service ] you have to register for [insert other Google service]"-bullshit that is happening with Youtube/Google+ and I don't want to repeat this again.
gmail is pretty much the base of it, so there isn't such issue there, except that i hate to switch accounts each time, as gmail is my secondary.

Offline nero

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2014, 02:47:56 pm »
What about spam detection and advertisment mails?

Right now, I get one mail with a roundup of all mails which were filtered as spam (which is pretty handy cause you don't miss a mail in spamfilter). But I also get 1-2 mails/day from the service itself with (annoying) advertisment.

I use GMX right now, have been using it for nearly 10 years for everything. A switch would be a really big assload of changing mails EVERYWHERE, so I'm still not sure about it...

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2014, 06:59:32 pm »
it has a decent spam filter, a "mute" function to mute spammers,
and 5 auto-configurable (+ more manually configurable) inbox tabs:
  • primary - conversations and important stuff
  • social - facebook and other junk
  • promotions - ebay, companies you subscribed to, etc
  • updates - releases, info from companies, etc
  • forums - emails regarding forums

then you can also star the mail with different "stars" and organize it even more yourself, but i never used that, so i can't explain it accurately.

the spam folder is located in the "more" option of the sidebar, and it auto-deletes 30 day old messages, but i believe that is configurable too.

my move was pretty painless, because i never actually changed my addess, just started using the new one for new accounts.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:03:56 pm by [MAF]Karlis »

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »
According to the internet and some russian reporter who said it, on May 9 70 years ago, Russia ran out of vodka because of wild celebrations of the defeat of the Nazis.

I wonder if that's true :L