Author Topic: Races database cleaning  (Read 13029 times)

Offline [MAF]Karlis

Re: Races database cleaning
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 09:10:26 pm »
just to be clear, i don't want a wipe or something, just if someone sees an objectively bad and boring race it should be deleted, without looking whenever it was made in 2008 or 2013 and without using time as an excuse to keep it, so that's kind of middle opinion in this topic.

Offline Madeyes

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 06:02:39 am »
Karlis you are 100% right the problem is that it doesnt happen the very most of the time :/

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 02:33:04 pm »
if they got added
that means they somehow passed standards of their times

accordning to this, it's like forbidding driving or even scrapping all classic cars that passed safety tests of their time*, just becouse now they wouldn't**
the same with races
'bad' races are still very small percent, so whats the problem if 10 or 20 (hell, even 50) of 6000(!) may be 'bad'
they also show how racing changed by the time, and this is quite nice to see

instead of getting rid of them, they should be taken with even more care, no matter if it's bad or good, after all it's a part of looooooong server history

don't like, don't race
dozens of races i really don't like are on server, but i don't yell about them (well ok i do, but nothing more), just change mode or so

the real problem happens now, here
out of recently created races, over 60% are timetrials. Is MULTIplayer dying or so? This is kind of a problem to take care, coz with this rate, in a year or so, we won't be MULTI player racing server anymore,
can get same result just downloading Adrenaline 1.06 and play against time offline

*mostly becouse there were no crash tests at these times, but whatever
**just an example

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 04:56:31 pm »
bad example, because if muscle cars doesn't have certain safety features, they are not allowed on the roads either.
it's how things get outdated. it may have passed standards at their time, but then it gets deprecated, and eventually support is dropped.
and there is no point keeping bad races just because its a minority, if its a bad race, del it.

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 05:11:50 pm »
bad example, because if muscle cars doesn't have certain safety features, they are not allowed on the roads either.

going bit offtopic, but as i said
this is a popular VW Golf MK2 crash test
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn5Ioj7za3Y[/youtube]

clearly doesn't pass current standards, yet see dozens of them on streets and as long as they are able to drive, they will

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 05:45:44 pm »
lol max, that's something totally different

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 05:57:44 pm »
it's extacly same, just in more visible example

race is made in 2008, it pass 2008 standards, got added. Today it's bad and if it was made now, wouldn't pass current standards. Leftovers are still on server.

car is made in 80s, it pass 80s standards, it's produced. Today it's bad and if it was made now, wouldn't pass current standards. Leftovers are still on roads.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 05:59:08 pm »
Go to Cuba to see old cars

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 06:05:50 pm »
hehe ye but they are there only coz stupid politicy, not allowing to import any others.
they have to keep their ones running as long as possible

lol, imagine if AX was like Cuba, we would have old switch races only :L

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 06:22:13 pm »
My point still stands.

Concentrate on making new races acceptable, and not adding forklift races on walls or 12 second downhill races with 50 bumps inbetween.

Bad races aren't always that bad, hell of a lot more fun than some of the shit that is created these days.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 07:41:24 pm »
what i consider a bad race is, for example, 5-lap 8-track in an airport, which would be way less fun than forklift races on walls or 12 second downhill races you mentioned.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 08:06:46 pm »
Difference of opinions, doesn't mean they are bad and should be deleted. That would be just be selfish.

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 11:40:17 pm »
what i consider a bad race is, for example, 5-lap 8-track in an airport, which would be way less fun than forklift races on walls or 12 second downhill races you mentioned.
8-Track fun depends on amount of players so agree (more = better)

but ones that i find 'bad' are just very random and repetitive ones, that fall into flood of other similar races
sorry mooman, but Slamvan Series (and any other 'series') fall into this category, imo

better to have 1 5 minutes race that is unforgettable, instead 20 similar ones...
quoting R
"quallity over quanity" and thats why i would keep every special, diffrent race

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 12:08:50 am »
shit races should be deleted, whether old or new. if you feel attached to any of the races on the server, i think you need to rethink what you consider to be important in your life.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 12:39:36 am »
if you feel attached to any of the races on the server, i think you need to rethink what you consider to be important in your life.

As irrelevant as this is, same goes for record whoring.