Author Topic: /BuyRace and /VoteKick  (Read 6810 times)

Offline Skream!

/BuyRace and /VoteKick
« on: August 02, 2013, 08:33:04 am »

Buy Map:
Buy a map, is good if you want play your race and no have admins online.
• /BR [MapName] n'/or /BuyRace [MapName]
• $50.000
• The race can't be brought 2 times consecutive
• You can buy only 3 races per hour

Vote Kick:
Kick a player if more than 50% of the players in server agree. Good when have a hacker and no admins.
» /VoteKick [playerid] [reason]
» You can open a vote only if at least 5 players online
» You can't open a vote if the playerid have a win streak
» If a player try to kick the same player for 3 times consecutive and the server don't agree, the player will be blocked for 1 hour

Offline McD0n3ld

Re: /BuyRace and /VoteKick
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:03:01 am »
i agree with the 2nd one.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 09:06:51 am »
first one wont work out, because from other servers i know that a number of people will keep buying the same shitrace just to whore on it

Offline palm-tree

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:36:55 am »
Vote Kick is good.
About that other feature I would put stronger limits..If everybody can "buy" 2 or 3 races a day we won't have such a bad spam of the same races.

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 01:42:08 pm »
the first one would be good, but everyone has too much money already for it to work out.

if money were reset or something (i wouldn't be too heartbroken), then i guess it wouldn't be a bad idea as i have seen it on some other servers and it doesn't cause any problems.

if it were to be done though, it should be that if a player buys a map/track, he has to be online (maybe even finish?) for 10 more maps/tracks 'til he can buy another one, and if he buys 1, the whole server will have to wait 1 map 'til they can buy one, so in a worst case scenario, it would be "bought map/voted map/bought map/voted map" rather than a constant "bought map/bought map/bought map/bought map".

oh and a no for vote kick because the person in first will just get kicked.

Offline Żurrieq

• Admin
  • The traveller.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 01:54:26 pm »

Vote Kick:
Kick a player if more than 50% of the players in server agree. Good when have a hacker and no admins.
» /VoteKick [playerid] [reason]
» You can open a vote only if at least 5 players online
» You can't open a vote if the playerid have a win streak
» If a player try to kick the same player for 3 times consecutive and the server don't agree, the player will be blocked for 1 hour

Best idea ever...but the 1st idea not good :( because many people will complain ALOT (ppl who hate the races like long SK :P)

Offline [FSR]Berkut

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 02:19:41 pm »

Best idea ever...but the 1st idea not good :( because many people will complain ALOT (ppl who hate the races like long SK :P)

I imagine already all people loading every very long SK races , it can be restricted to some trustful players .

Vote kick is a good idea , but the thing is , regular racers can be kicked because "X excellent racer" is 1st in every each races and jealous people will be agree for kicking him , depends who are online . Same deal like Buy Map (if I know it's not a good idea) : restricted to trustful people

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:11:08 pm »
for idea n.1

maybe we could do:
load if top1 < 5 min and top10 < 7min

Offline Skream!

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »
for idea n.1

maybe we could do:
load if top1 < 5 min and top10 < 7min

ERROR: This race can't be loaded because is so long.

and for continuous buying, "The same player can load only 1 race per hour"

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »
Votekick is the worst idea ever.. especially when a person on a winstreak can't be kicked (ok, so hackers can continue they spree?)..

It wíll not work out the way you want it to be

Offline ►R1d3r™

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 09:56:31 am »
Votekick = Bad Idea!
Because, with this command some people will be pick victim and just kick for no reason :blank:
Some people will click "yes" for fun!
My opinion will be a mess on the server :L
But, buymap is pretty good idea ::)
3 maps per hour for one person at least would be good :)
In mta on some servers are this system.
Very convenient!! ;)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 11:55:12 am »

Your opinion makes the server very messy indeed :L

Offline ►R1d3r™

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 12:11:09 pm »

Your opinion makes the server very messy indeed :L
  ???

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 08:27:48 pm »
1) map buying also would make pretty much like 60% of races being bought as there would be many that could afford it.
on the other hand, if we set up the price very high so it's not overused it loses the function it has to offer as its not worth it then.

2) we have many big groups in the server which often could vote to kick someone they just don't like, for example, we once had 14 brazilians with like 25 people online.

both of those ideas could be quite nice if people would not abuse them.
but they will. therefore, most likely, neither will happen.

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 11:52:19 pm »
the first one would be good, but everyone has too much money already for it to work out.

if money were reset or something (i wouldn't be too heartbroken), then i guess it wouldn't be a bad idea as i have seen it on some other servers and it doesn't cause any problems.

if it were to be done though, it should be that if a player buys a map/track, he has to be online (maybe even finish?) for 10 more maps/tracks 'til he can buy another one, and if he buys 1, the whole server will have to wait 1 map 'til they can buy one, so in a worst case scenario, it would be "bought map/voted map/bought map/voted map" rather than a constant "bought map/bought map/bought map/bought map".

oh and a no for vote kick because the person in first will just get kicked.

no one listened to me :'( but i think my reply was underrated, or maybe i'm overrating myself idk