Author Topic: /ramwarn  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
/ramwarn
« on: July 28, 2013, 02:38:48 pm »
I think a /ramwarn command should be created, and basically, an admin types /ramwarn id, and it gives them a warning for ramming. eg "mute has received a ram warning (1/5)" the warning will automatically send me to jail for 60 seconds and should i reach 5 ram warnings, i will be temp banned for a week.

you could also have it so if a player reaches 5 warnings on more than one occasion, the length of time they're banned for increases by a week each time.

the reason i'm suggesting this is because there is no real punishment for frequent rammers.

Offline [LSR]Cassidy

Re: /ramwarn
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 02:59:21 pm »
Well it's a nice idea, but I think only the admins benefit from it. If for example a 'noob' rams a regular player on the server, he can't do anything. Of course, he can /report the rammer, but these reports won't work because there is no proof of the ram.

If this command were also for the regular players it can also be abused I think.

Isn't there a way that both players, the admins and the regular players, have the same benefits from it?

The idea is good, but there must be something that also helps the regular players for being rammed...

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 04:09:53 pm »
+ or
adding a licence point or penalty points system ,

example: all drivers have 20 point

who ram and who block=  -2

and every 20 race(finisched) u got extra 5 points
who finishes all points got ban for 1 week (or more weeks)

of course need to implement this idea if is possible to do

sorry for my bad english...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 04:17:25 pm by [Scorpion] »

Offline Rob_Zamora

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 04:13:11 pm »
I think just the warning would be good, but on 3rd they get flunged, 4th the get punished, then 5th they get jailed

Offline ChargeR

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 04:24:30 pm »
I think just the warning would be good, but on 3rd they get flunged, 4th the get punished, then 5th they get jailed
I like it

Offline [LSR]InZaneR

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 04:41:42 pm »
I like the idea, but instead of temp banning after a certain amount of warnings I'd put a longer jail sentence or exclude them from /race (for e.g. 60 minutes).
And then you could decide whether you need to be on the server to let the time countdown or not.

I just don't know how the server/script determines the rammer or if that's even possible.

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 05:07:15 pm »
I just don't know how the server/script determines the rammer or if that's even possible.

it would be a command for admins, not a script, similiar to jailing and punishing people

these punishments seem too kind

Offline Rob_Zamora

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 07:01:06 pm »
Yes, but temp ban seems a bit too harsh also.
It's gonna lose us a couple of players

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 07:05:26 pm »
Yes, but temp ban seems a bit too harsh also.
It's gonna lose us a couple of players

a temp ban will only occur if they get warned 5 times, which is pretty unlikely and if it does happen, it is very well deserved. you've also got to bare in mind that it is only a 1 week temp ban so it's not the end of the world.

Offline Rocco92

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 02:18:14 pm »
Or make a counter:
/ramwarn
in stat: Ram Warning: 1

again /ramwarn
in stat: Ram Warning: 2

And everyone can use it + admins can check who is the "biggest" ramer.

Offline Uitblinker

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 02:28:41 pm »
The biggest problem right now is that only a fraction of the rammers get caught. I'm not really sure if the approach of setting a standard when it comes to punishments will be effective.

Offline Rocco92

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 10:47:45 am »
Add /ramwarn!!
Everybody can use it, and /stats will have a new counter. If I think someone is a rammer (exactly he rams), I will use /ramwarn => counter +1.
Then admins (and everybody) watch who to pay more attention.

It would be a new features what helps punish rammers (and nobody will cry "he's a rammer, warn/kick/ban him")

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 12:48:42 pm »
@UP:

That's not a good idea. There is a really tight border between ramming and not ramming. And each player finds different actions ram or not ram depending on how easy it is to annoy him lol
Also adding stats won't make any sense because people are too biased. It would be just another way of saying "fuck you" even to the top players.

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 01:45:57 pm »
lol this thread is old, i still think it's a good idea though