Author Topic: New FPS rule sucks  (Read 12137 times)

Offline Gornall43

• Gornallll :)
    • View Profile
New FPS rule sucks
« on: July 23, 2013, 06:00:53 pm »
Look this new FPS rule is completely stupid and really we should go back to he old ways, it was fine then why can't it be fine now?

Reasons for it
-"FPS abuse is annoying"
-  FPS abuse is noobish and unfair

Reasons against it

-People with shit PC's can't always make records
-It only works sometimes e.g. I have had fps limiter on in a plane race once and it didn't let me have the record, the next time it did....
-All the records that currently stand can't be beaten and are unfair, and there are far too many to go back and clear records
-it's the way it's always been and it's just part of the game
- It's players own loss if they choose not to FPS abuse or even use it strategically
- It sometimes says "record making deactivated at any random time"

So I think we should just go back to the old ways

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: New FPS rule sucks
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 06:29:38 pm »
-People with shit PC's can't always make records
Nor can people with shit pings. GTA:SA is not the most demanding game and we can't hold ourselves back for the sake of a few people who refuse to upgrade.
-It only works sometimes e.g. I have had fps limiter on in a plane race once and it didn't let me have the record, the next time it did....
If the implementation is flawed that says nothing about the idea
-All the records that currently stand can't be beaten and are unfair, and there are far too many to go back and clear records
So what's the alternative? Force everyone to start FPS abusing so that's it's fair again? I think it's fairer and easier just ban what the minority is unfairly doing. And there may be a lot of records to delete but compared to the alternative you're proposing it's the lesser of two evils.
-it's the way it's always been and it's just part of the game
FPS abuse is a new "innovation" and even though it was always part of the game (for boats, for example) it is stil extremely annoying to do. By not allowing it, we free ourselves from the need to make our games borderline unplayable
- It's players own loss if they choose not to FPS abuse or even use it strategically
You could say this for any kind of abuse. "Oh yeah well everyone uses lamp mods so it's your loss if you don't", "it's your loss if you want to run 100m and not take steroids". In both those cases and the case of FPS abuse, the fair thing to do is to ban the obviously unfair techniques of winning to allow everyone to play fairly
Not sure what that means
So I think we should just go back to the old ways
Why? Do you really care about players with terrible PCs? Do you not care about the players who can't even use FPS limit properly? (it doesn't work for everyone) Wouldn't you rather play without all this stress about FPS or are your old records too hard to let go of?
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline Gornall43

• Gornallll :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 06:34:08 pm »
lol and what can I say...
Never mind then it would seem i have been over ruled.

Offline pajk

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:36:30 pm »
I kinda like the new fps rule but its pretty unfair that all records with boats/ planes can't be beaten from now.. imo we should just delete those records one by one, i know theres lots of them

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 06:40:49 pm »
then report when and how it happens, i can't fix thing that i have no info (or even knowledge of existing) to.
it means you have a lag spike which drops your fps under the limit.
i will fine-tune it eventually, so it is not that unforgiving.

and pajko, we will delete the records, but first we need to build up a base of new and fair ones.

Offline [2F2F]PK

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 07:11:01 pm »
Yea it's rly annoying to me also, in some spots i got less than 30 fps, and what if im doing a 5 min long race, come near end and get to the spot where i lag.. and would be fucking unfair that i can't do the record anymore.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 07:14:12 pm »
I like the FPS rule. Shame people will still abuse it in plane and boat races and probably other races too just to get a win on their account. Still makes the rest of us lose even if we choose to keep our FPS at 100, guess there's nothing that can be done about that :(

Offline ►R1d3r™

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 07:31:49 pm »
 /fpslimit 20-90 forever O0

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 01:58:23 am »
group of ppl who enjoy plane races (there are some) may suffer from this...

but wait? at 1st it was said not to swich during race, but now what? even setting before race? blah...

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 02:07:40 am »
Best rule ever! (And no, I'm not being sarcastic)

Offline [2F2F]RedBull

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 07:26:46 am »
That new rule, has totally ruined my races.... I have got my HDD broken with some broken sectors and my fps drops from 75 to 14... I'm not abusing with any mod or sth... it's just because of my hardware.... and the half of the races the server says that I got my "record making deactivated", I think it's pretty unfair in this point...   :(

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:21:46 am »
That new rule, has totally ruined my races.... I have got my HDD broken with some broken sectors and my fps drops from 75 to 14... I'm not abusing with any mod or sth... it's just because of my hardware.... and the half of the races the server says that I got my "record making deactivated", I think it's pretty unfair in this point...   :(
1 time happened to me my fps dropped and i got that phrases"record deactived,fps abusing or other things.."", i wasn't first but 7th

Offline nero

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 08:23:30 am »
Hm, I'm playing on a mid-level laptop and I never ever got that message up since this exists.

This doesn't "ruin races" or the fun while driving like a lot of people said, it just influences record making. So please be honest when complaining.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 09:09:23 am »
the problem is, the more lag spikes i allow to be made, the more of them could actually be made on purpose.
i will adjust it somewhat, but you will have to deal with it.
also, a drop from 75 to 14fps would certainly make you lose like 300ms just from the spike itself so the record being deactivated is not that big of a deal.

and red bull... get new HDD asap. once it starts failing like this it can totally break in any moment and make you lose all your files.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 11:27:53 am »
You guys should complain on the SA-MP forums, maybe make a topic about it? It's GTA SA's fault... but also SA-MP, we need a global FPS limit, but we'll probably never get one. We need these measures because we don't have any other way of getting around it.