Author Topic: Max. FPS Limit  (Read 11836 times)

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

Max. FPS Limit
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:03:13 pm »
Since the other topic about fps is not about this, I create another one here.
As I know there's difference in speed between someone who has 100fps and someone who has lower. I think its not fair. If we want our skills to be the only thing which will make us win races, everything that might effect our speed should be equal in my opinion. That's why I think there should be a limit for max. fps[I dont know if to set a max. fps limit is possible]. I'd like to hear your opinions about this here, thanks

Offline [MAF]Karlis

Re: Max. FPS Limit
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:12:56 pm »
the reason why we are enforcing minimum fps limit is because low fps is laggy and toublesome, which can't be told about high fps.
plus the difference between 70 and 100 fps is not big enough to justify a limitation, again unlike between 30 and 23.

Offline ►R1d3r™

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 05:16:19 pm »
I think should be /fpslimit 90
And all will be fair! ^-^

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 05:19:38 pm »
I can feel the difference while playing. On a straight road the difference between the 1st and me always gets longer. Why not setting a limit to 60fps/70fps or something which everyone can have so only our skills will make us faster
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:10:31 pm by [FSR]Mahdoee »

Offline ►R1d3r™

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 05:26:46 pm »
I can feel the difference while playing. On a straight road the difference between the 1st and me always gets longer. Why not setting a limit to 60fps or something which everyone can have so only our skills will make us faster
Now that's a good idea!!!
The lager will not feel discomfort.
And the force will be equal ONLY skillz :P

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 05:30:49 pm »
Someone with 60fps is not a lagger

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »
noone will stop me from playing at 100 fps

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 05:42:43 pm »

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 05:45:08 pm »
To be faster all the time must be great but its still not fair. We should race the cars not the fps

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 05:55:47 pm »
^

Offline [AK47]Tommy_Vicious

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 05:56:59 pm »

this.

For almost 2 years i've played samp with 40-50-60 fps . i really don't wanna come back to that time again ffs.

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 05:57:53 pm »
To be faster all the time must be great but its still not fair. We should race the cars not the fps

Life is unfair.;) Not everybody has good internet connection or good pc. Thats their problem then.. I mean there are guys that have better PC's whats unfair about the FPS? I mean somebody with some shit PC could then drive with same FPS as the one with good PC. Well thats unfair.

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 06:00:47 pm »
Your reactions already show that there is really a difference in speed between 100fps and 60fps. That proves that its unfair. The server is about racing, not your computers.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 06:05:55 pm »
why don't you buy a new pc then?

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 06:10:46 pm »
why don't you buy a new pc then?
Its not about me. Its about equality. To have better computer shouldn't make you faster all the time on a race server which is mainly about skills.

Offline miko

• View Profile
  • In-game name: miko
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 06:15:04 pm »

!!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 06:17:38 pm »
This is a racing server , not ONU .

100 fps limit is good. I see no points on limiting on 60.

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 06:21:57 pm »
To have better computer shouldn't make you faster all the time on a race server which is mainly about skills.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:12:37 pm by [FSR]Mahdoee »

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 08:13:08 pm »
I don't care what you say about equaty. If samp decided to put the limit at 100 fps, then i'll stick to it. I know my pc can run this game way more than that, just samp doesn't allow it

so.

Offline miko

• View Profile
  • In-game name: miko
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 08:33:40 pm »
I don't care what you say about equaty. If samp decided to put the limit at 100 fps, then i'll stick to it. I know my pc can run this game way more than that, just samp doesn't allow it

so.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 08:59:24 pm »
Well I already didn't expect people who gain advantage over the rest of the server by this way would accept to make it equal. Skills should be the ONLY thing that affects races. As I said

We should race the cars not the fps
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:16:45 pm by [FSR]Mahdoee »

Offline Gruk_[GT]

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 09:34:53 pm »
Do you really think that 0.2 seconds of advantage can help you win a race?  :L Everything still is about the skills.
And what with guys with higher ping? That's unfair too, and what to do with it?

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »
Do you really think that 0.2 seconds of advantage can help you win a race?  :L Everything still is about the skills.
And what with guys with higher ping? That's unfair too, and what to do with it?
Its not a reason to ignore something we all know which is unfair. We should do our best to make it as equal as it can be. Its a racing server, we all trying to drive faster than each other with our skills and theres something which makes some people go faster than the rest, its unacceptable. Its not only 0.2 seconds you know that.

from the other topic about fps
If playing with less than 30 fps is illegal, then play with more than 60 fps should be too!
ye, coz there is dirrefence in acceleration between 60 and 100 fps

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:50:09 pm by [FSR]Mahdoee »

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 10:08:48 pm »
Its not a reason to ignore something we all know which is unfair. We should do our best to make it as equal as it can be. Its a racing server, we all trying to drive faster than each other with our skills and theres something which makes some people go faster than the rest, its unacceptable. Its not only 0.2 seconds you know that.
Ah okay, then go to F1 (racing) and tell them that everyone has to use the same car because only skills matter ;)

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 10:14:25 pm »
the other topic is about preventing all the players being forced to lag because some decided that records are more important than game experience.
in this topic you wan't to force all players to lag(well, i have to admit, not really lag, but lower their performance) because of a small portion of players that can't run this game.
see the conflict?

besides, setting lowest fps limit is usual and normal in gaming servers, but punishing for too high fps without automatically providing a limit is kind of odd... (we can't do this in sa-mp)

i kind of agree that everyone having 60fps would be the most fair thing, but this is way lower priority than the other issue as the disadvantage is really insignificant unlike in that case and affects far less players.

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 10:24:41 pm »
Ah okay, then go to F1 (racing) and tell them that everyone has to use the same car because only skills matter ;)

:-X
Only skills should make someone faster than the rest on a racing server. Only skills.

the other topic is about preventing all the players being forced to lag because some decided that records are more important than game experience.
in this topic you wan't to force all players to lag(well, i have to admit, not really lag, but lower their performance) because of a small portion of players that can't run this game.
see the conflict?

besides, setting lowest fps limit is usual and normal in gaming servers, but punishing for too high fps without automatically providing a limit is kind of odd... (we can't do this in sa-mp)

i kind of agree that everyone having 60fps would be the most fair thing, but this is way lower priority than the other issue as the disadvantage is really insignificant unlike in that case and affects far less players.
Mate I wouldn't call it "punishing", its something we can do to make races fair, to make skills the only thing that matters. Since there aren't many racing servers, which is the only game type in sa-mp which requires equality on game speed for a fair competition, it can seem odd. It seems like it affects less players because most of the players don't even set the frame limiter off, they don't know about that. But since we are aware of this unfair situation, why don't we prevent it just because some players will lose their unfair advantage
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:31:15 pm by [FSR]Mahdoee »

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 11:25:55 pm »

don't compare F1, coz that all about teams and technology

if you want to see skill races, then it's more about rally, where cars are ALMOST equal, or stock cars races (examlpe nascar, but not only) there they are the same, with just visual diffrences

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline RuBenXitoH

• Be Yourself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 02:44:00 am »
Are you trying to tell all people to slow down their PC performance because some people can't get it? That's not actually my problem, difference is 0.200 or 0.300 as Gruk previously said..

And if you have the fpslimit off, and cannot get 100 but for example 50 or 60 or 70 or whatever, the speed is the same.. just the smoothness changes
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:47:46 am by RuBenXitoH »

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 02:21:27 pm »
Are you trying to tell all people to slow down their PC performance because some people can't get it? That's not actually my problem, difference is 0.200 or 0.300 as Gruk previously said..

And if you have the fpslimit off, and cannot get 100 but for example 50 or 60 or 70 or whatever, the speed is the same.. just the smoothness changes
Allowing some people go faster than the rest on a racing server(where speed is the most important thing) just because they have a better computer isn't fair. Limits are to make the competition equal. Skills should be the only thing that makes someone faster than others, not computer performance.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:25:19 pm by [FSR]Mahdoee »

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 04:05:36 pm »

Allowing some people go faster than the rest on a racing server(where speed is the most important thing) just because they have a better computer isn't fair. Limits are to make the competition equal. Skills should be the only thing that makes someone faster than others, not computer performance.

tl;dr : everbody should have a shitty pc like yours.

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 01:19:46 pm »
if you don't like the 100fps, i recommend going to mta. race servers on mta are all limited to 40 - 50 fps.

Offline ToasterMan

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 01:52:27 pm »
Who cares , you arent even good driver, so 100 fps wont help you to drive better

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 07:26:57 pm »
if you don't like the 100fps, i recommend going to mta. race servers on mta are all limited to 40 - 50 fps.
Thanks for your recommend mute, I didn't know that. Thats how it should be on adrenalinex for a fair competition imo.

Who cares , you arent even good driver, so 100 fps wont help you to drive better
Its not about my driving skills. A player shouldn't see someone going faster than him on a straight road just because he has a better computer on a racing server. Only skills should make someone faster. Thats why everyone should have equal fps.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 08:02:48 pm »
Higher fps don't make you go faster on the straights, on the contrary..

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 08:19:14 pm »
Higher fps don't make you go faster on the straights, on the contrary..
Its just as an example
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:23:54 pm by [FSR]Mahdoee »

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 09:04:12 pm »
this is stupid discussion. nobody will stop from using 100fps imo

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 09:37:30 pm »
Since many players dont want it I dont think its gonna change. I lock the topic.

edit. lol I cant.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:04:55 pm by [FSR]Mahdoee »

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 10:28:22 pm »
fail

Offline [FSR]Mahdoee

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 10:50:21 pm »
fail
What a stupid message is that. We just discussed, its not something you fail

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 01:13:20 am »
Since many players dont want it I dont think its gonna change. I lock the topic.

edit. lol I cant.
lemme try

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form