Author Topic: /sos  (Read 3653 times)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
/sos
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:52:30 am »
Is a /sos towards the last CP better.. or just 10sec back in time? I'm not sure.. discuss here

Or maybe make 2 /sos, bm option.. for race you make (when making few cp race with long distance between)

Offline nero

Re: /sos
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 08:00:11 am »
I think 10 seconds back is the best solution.

How the command itself says, it's an SOS-Command, like the last possible cmd to rescue yourself before using /r.
Back to last CP might be too easy, as the cmd somehow should be a little punishment. Otherwise, for example in slow and curvy races through small towns, the teleport to last CP could be abused, cause it takes more time to get out of some front porch, instead of just teleporting to last CP (right back on the street).

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:10:59 am »
Otherwise, for example in slow and curvy races through small towns, the teleport to last CP could be abused, cause it takes more time to get out of some front porch, instead of just teleporting to last CP (right back on the street).

theres a system to prevent that

Offline ►R1d3r™

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:24:00 am »
It is better to immediately return last CP..
I think it's faster and less lost time ::)

Offline nero

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 08:45:02 am »
Otherwise, for example in slow and curvy races through small towns, the teleport to last CP could be abused, cause it takes more time to get out of some front porch, instead of just teleporting to last CP (right back on the street).

Could you describe how this system works then?

If the rule for the sos-cmd would be "return to last taken cp", how could you find out via script if it's abused or not? Only way I can imagine is via distance to cp, but this would cause some troubles in other cases.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 08:58:42 am »
i dont know exactly, but yes it screws up in some cases so it might be like that

Offline ►R1d3r™

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 09:01:56 am »

If the rule for the sos-cmd would be "return to last taken cp", how could you find out via script if it's abused or not? Only way I can imagine is via distance to cp, but this would cause some troubles in other cases.
Problems will in both cases. They are not going anywhere..!

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 11:17:38 am »
You get frozen when your distance to CP gets shorter by using /sos.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 12:07:57 pm »

the system is not flawless, it can do occasional false positive, but it does prevent pretty much any abuse of this sort.
it checks various distances between points like the previous and next checkpoint and current and new car position, and detects if there's an u-turn.
in that case, if its possible to gain some progress with it, it gives you some penalty.

and, to not block someone else, you don't get frozen, but launched perfectly straight into air, which means you cant gain any horizontal speed, but have to wait until you land again.

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 02:46:21 pm »
10 seconds back in time, returning to last CP would be a problem if the CP is in the middle of the air (in which case you'll just have to do /r anyway)