Author Topic: New rules regarding /fpslimit usage  (Read 58030 times)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: New rules regarding /fpslimit usage
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 09:10:11 pm »
Here I come... quite honestly until SA-MP has an official server side FPS limit, there's nothing you can do. Spending hours every day monitoring people's FPS will give you headaches and it's just more trouble than it is worth, really checking players FPS every race will drive you insane. And then there's the new players who have to learn these rules and then you have to monitor them too. Is it worth the hassle? You'll never get to race a race again.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 09:45:33 pm »
Here I come... quite honestly until SA-MP has an official server side FPS limit, there's nothing you can do. Spending hours every day monitoring people's FPS will give you headaches and it's just more trouble than it is worth, really checking players FPS every race will drive you insane. And then there's the new players who have to learn these rules and then you have to monitor them too. Is it worth the hassle? You'll never get to race a race again.

the plan is to void any record that is detected to abuse fps, and of course its going to be automated.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 09:47:56 pm »
Oh. So there is a way to code some kind of detection? :D

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »
yes. obviously, this is not the place to post the details, but the system is being figured out.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 10:07:12 pm »

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 10:15:33 pm »
i think you mixed up the punctuation :L

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 10:19:35 pm »
I did lol. Sorry!

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 11:02:02 pm »
mmh and how explain at your script "slow/old pc "like me in the desert i have around 60-80 fps ,in fly 80-90 ,in the city like 40-50, SK/IV 30 fps , and instable fps in general in the game. automatic detection will be fail in some times, the codes must be very accurate or will fail like years ago with"the anti-cheats detection sistem"(around 2008/09)

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 11:13:03 pm »
it can still work, but it just can't rely on pure fps numbers.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:14:35 pm by [MAF]Karlis »

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 10:13:23 pm »
I'm glad that something is finally being done about this. Anyone complaining about their records being deleted needs to realise that an unbeatable record is unfair for everyone.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 11:41:55 pm »
Yeah same. I get paranoid when a certain bendy road comes up and then some controller user switches between FPS.

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:14 am »
I'm glad that something is finally being done about this. Anyone complaining about their records being deleted needs to realise that an unbeatable record is unfair for everyone.
all plane and boat races are easly beatable by everyione at deflaut GTA SA frame limiter (23-25)

Yeah same. I get paranoid when a certain bendy road comes up and then some controller user switches between FPS.
and this i kinda agree, but don't mind using constant fps limit during whole race

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2013, 01:14:41 am »
I mean switching FPS during the race, I don't mind constant FPS at the start to finish. I do it as well.

Offline Rhans

• View Profile
  • In-game name: Rhans
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2019, 03:43:33 am »
Hi everyone. I have a couple of question. Why would anyone want to change FPS from 100 to 25 during a race? How is that benefitial? I though having 100 would always give you better performance than 25 (except when on water).

Also, does 100 fps yeld the best results possible? Dont you see any more changes in the performance going above 100?

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2019, 04:59:04 pm »
Hi everyone. I have a couple of question. Why would anyone want to change FPS from 100 to 25 during a race? How is that benefitial? I though having 100 would always give you better performance than 25 (except when on water).

Also, does 100 fps yeld the best results possible? Dont you see any more changes in the performance going above 100?

low fps makes you faster in water and air, and increases your top speed on land. its like a final gear thats beneficial to engage on long straights. as for going above 100, you will keep gaining acceleration on land at the cost of all the physics becoming unusable. there is already plenty of cars that are painful to drive due to the grip and coasting lockup of 100 fps, and you can see here that while holding down the throttle for example cars become impossible to turn (this is 400-600 fps): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhTSDxplnJc
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 05:00:43 pm by S »