Author Topic: Voting System Add/del for the new tracks  (Read 7433 times)

Offline Scorpion.

Voting System Add/del for the new tracks
« on: June 29, 2013, 09:44:50 am »
Hello, im here for explain my suggest.
my idea if is possble do a script, for the new tracks in the server with the voting system like Add & delete ,at end of every New tracks.
Will be more easy for admins and the players, and what wins the vote , gets decided.

sorry for my english like a kid of 5 years old
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:05:08 am by [Scorpion] »

Offline McD0n3ld

Re: Voting System Add/del for the new tracks
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 10:11:54 am »
/rating does already implement that. maybe a message for reminding players they can vote to del or add by doing that?

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 10:32:20 am »
not going to happen.
people aren't objective enough to judge races based on just votes, the level 2 admin is here to see when the votes go off and become biased and then react accordingly.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:43:52 pm by [MAF]Karlis »

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 12:45:09 pm »
not going to happen.
people aren't objective enough to judge races based on just votes, the level 3 admin is here to see when the votes go off and become biased and then react accordingly.
level 3
level 3

:'(

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 01:15:45 pm »
agree with Karlis, some players can vote negative cause they failed or dont like supergt though race was good.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 01:44:43 pm »
not going to happen.
people aren't objective enough to judge races based on just votes, the level 3 admin is here to see when the votes go off and become biased and then react accordingly.
level 3
level 3

:'(
oops lol, fixed.

Offline Queen|iPink

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Queen
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 12:39:57 pm »
We already have enough retards who votes /dislike with no reason (/me runs).. Bad idea

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 01:47:21 pm »
/rating does already implement that. maybe a message for reminding players they can vote to del or add by doing that?
We already have enough retards who votes /dislike with no reason (/me runs).. Bad idea

I don't see on the server, the new tracks get decised by like and dislike, i see  ever the admins say : add or del?(question) at end of every new tracks...
/rating is a subjective decision and not objective one ,for me.
An example:
tracks with super gt with rain have almost 60% of dislike but like me likes these tracks.

not going to happen.
people aren't objective enough to judge races based on just votes, the level 2 admin is here to see when the votes go off and become biased and then react accordingly.
agree with Karlis, some players can vote negative cause they failed or dont like supergt though race was good.

Yeah , i quote with you guys.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:53:13 pm by [Scorpion] »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 01:55:05 pm »
I agree with Cysio & Karlis & Scorpion & Mizar & Snoopy.

Offline Torete_[GT]

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 03:39:13 pm »
Honesty I think there's no objective way to rate a race. Its own name says: rating; it's totally open to a variety of opinions.
A race should be assessed depending on how easy it's for all players to pass successfully. I have hundred of view points about the same race related to the vehicle it's used, the weather they set, the city we're in and how long it takes to finish. That's mainly the reason I use /Like and /Dislike to remember a race which I enjoyed or not. After I type, it appears on the menu assigning a (L) or (D), so it helps me to avoid voting for what I don't want to.
In an unadorned way, it's pretty hard to rate sincerely a race, so you all shouldn't care so much about what people say unreasonably but what they can explain reasonably and your experience tells you.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 03:45:01 pm »
It is good the way it is imo. I agree with Toretes words.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 04:37:10 pm »
Honesty I think there's no objective way to rate a race. Its own name says: rating; it's totally open to a variety of opinions.
A race should be assessed depending on how easy it's for all players to pass successfully. I have hundred of view points about the same race related to the vehicle it's used, the weather they set, the city we're in and how long it takes to finish. That's mainly the reason I use /Like and /Dislike to remember a race which I enjoyed or not. After I type, it appears on the menu assigning a (L) or (D), so it helps me to avoid voting for what I don't want to.
In an unadorned way, it's pretty hard to rate sincerely a race, so you all shouldn't care so much about what people say unreasonably but what they can explain reasonably and your experience tells you.

true, but

A race should be assessed depending on how easy it's for all players to pass successfully.

isn't really true, race being easy or hard was never our goal, goal is to provide challenge and/or entertain. it all comes down to the other words that you said, its all relative and subjective. however admins rating the races are here to rule out the obvious subjective factors and give this otherwise purely subjective rating a bit of objective foundation.

Offline Torete_[GT]

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 05:54:35 pm »

true, but

A race should be assessed depending on how easy it's for all players to pass successfully.

isn't really true, race being easy or hard was never our goal, goal is to provide challenge and/or entertain. it all comes down to the other words that you said, its all relative and subjective. however admins rating the races are here to rule out the obvious subjective factors and give this otherwise purely subjective rating a bit of objective foundation.

Oh, you misunderstood my words (probably didn't express correctly). I didn't mean to be easy to race but to be bearable, able to be done without too many interruptions or troubles in your way. It's a fact that most of admins reject (or send to /TT) a race when it's bumpy, tricky or find too many bugs on it, and that's what I actually meant.
It's obvious that a race hasn't got to be easy, basically because most of them get boring as hell at the very first minute ("our goal is to provide challenge and/or entertain"), but it's also true that I found dozen of races which should be burned. That's mainly what I wanted to say :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:56:26 pm by ToreteGT »

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 02:33:17 pm »

people can say "del" just as easily as they can type /dislike, i think there should be a better way of adding/deleting races.

earlier in the week, everyone was saying "add" to a race, and then fucktard said "race is boring, del" and it was deleted, despite the fact the majority of people said add. it's not really fully efficient atm, it's just a rough guess at how many people want it added or deleted.

obviously there will be some people who just vote del for no reason, but i think the majority of the people online will give an honest vote.

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 04:06:28 pm »
i think ,who have 10,000 point scores can says add o del racing , becouse the newbie can't get a good decision.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:42:35 pm by [Scorpion] »