Author Topic: Race type  (Read 2637 times)

Offline [LSR]Cassidy

Race type
« on: June 12, 2013, 11:00:31 am »
- Is it possible to have knock out races? So that means in a world there are 4 players in a circuit of 3 laps. Every lap someone gets knocked out. / Last-man standing

- Tollbooth: from toll to toll against time, after each toll house / checkpoint the player gets new time plus the player had in the previous.

- Speedtrap: sees racers competing with each other to get the highest accumulated speed record at multiple traffic cameras. At a speed trap/traffic camera, players accelerate their car to aim for the highest possible speed. Accumulated speed is reduced over a period of time after an opponent crosses the finish line first.

Well these race types are just from Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005) but I thought it maybe could work on this server too..

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

Re: Race type
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:02:03 am »
I always loved knockout events. Tho, it would have to be dynamic script which adjusts to number of players online.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:25:47 am »
second two are fine, but knockout requires far too much waiting for the most players.

Offline [LSR]Cassidy

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 11:37:24 am »
What about if the person that gets knockouted automatically go to /TV , so that the waiting will be less boring?

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 11:51:39 am »
that doesn't change a thing, its too much waiting for the average player, as average player has to wait half of the race.

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 12:53:05 pm »
then let him race, but his time won't count

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 01:18:30 pm »
someone has been playing nfs:mw

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 01:32:52 pm »
then let him race, but his time won't count

all those solutions are somewhat not well thought out and can't fully hide the fact that mode like this just is not working with a server, where one race is not a big deal, but just a small part in the chain. i wouldn't see this as a very big issue if we would already have the mode, but at least i will not make a mode that will cause problems and objective complaints afterwards.