Author Topic: GTA 4 Racing  (Read 2251 times)

Offline [ESC]Walter_Wolf

GTA 4 Racing
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:56:31 pm »
Dear all GTA racing maniacs, and people who feel that way

(and all other members of AdrenalineX community ;))

With the permission of the forums staff I am proud to proclaim the GTA IV Racing games open  :P

ok, now seriously

I got back to the GTA series a few months back 'cause I wanted to see what gta4 looks like. After a month of playing single player missions, I stumbled upon the IVMP mod. Being a samp racer at hart, checked for a racing server, script, some guidelines or anything that would allow me to make racing tracks for gta4, but found none. The only logical way to go ahead was to roll up my sleeves and learn how to script. So I did :P.

Long story short.
I have a IVMP racing server running. I need people to test it as the IVMP mod is eaons behind SAMP, development - wise and stability - wise.
There is just a handfull of racing tracks atm, one of which uses objects.
The script is still far from finished.
It uses the adrenaline runtime logic as it's BEST for racing - automatic grid formation, and track change. It still lacks a next track voting system to be more like adrenaline 1.06, but that will come with time.

The best way to see what it looks like would be for those of you who have gta4 to try it out.

It runs on IVMP T3 versionm, so you'll need that. The current release (RC2) is too buggy, and the next version (RC3) is not yet playable. We'll see when they manage to release a stable one.

Let me just say the minimap checkpoint locations are a little bit confusing, as the minimap shows you all the blips (next cp locations) of all the players. The T3 is limited in that regard, so we'll have to wait for the next version.
Other than that, and occasional unexplainable client crashes :D, I believe the server can give you a nice GTA 4 racing experience.

You can get the T3 client here.

And the server IP is 91.121.154.28:9899
(the client will reset the port number to 9999 if you wish to join for the 2nd time, so keep an eye)

Thanks again for the opportunity to post this to the AdrenalineX staff.

Yours, Walter_Wolf   8)

Offline Skream!

Re: GTA 4 Racing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 04:20:00 pm »
need original GTA IV? Or run in "Piratebay's GTA IV"?

Offline [ESC]Walter_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 04:25:04 pm »
Works with either one  ;)

Offline Skream!

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 04:35:07 pm »
need crack?

Offline Skream!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 03:23:11 pm »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great work bro!

(how to take a screenshot?)

Offline [ESC]Walter_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 07:54:33 am »
The screenshot key is F11 I believe, but is bugged. I've been taking screenshots with fraps.

What does ~~~ mean?

did you like it?

(I've been updating the script in the last couple days, so the server might have been a little bit buggy)

Offline [AK47]Tommy_Vicious

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 07:56:36 am »
does it work with Steam Version?

Offline [ESC]Walter_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 09:21:09 am »
It does.
I'm not a steam user, so can't say first hand, but people seem to play with it.

cheers